Best Ever Football Manager...

Best Ever Football Manager...

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

m
Y.N.W.A

Athens

Moves
10 Nov 06

Originally posted by cadwah
If any of you sorry assed scousers ever want a game though just send it over.
Any time me olde Manc

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
11 Nov 06

I admit my bias in this, but

Dario Gradi (achieved it all on nothing. Let's go shopping, see who can buy the most. It's a very shrewd man who fills his trolley having set out with only a few quid)

Fabio Capello, not popular in Roma but he did bring us the Scudetto.

MARCELLO LIPPI !!!

I'm still grinning four months later.

I also like Luciano Spalletti and Gigi del Neri.

asromacalcio

Almaty, Kazakhstan

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by DeepThought
Harry Redknapp deserves a mention - although I don't think he's a contender for best ever - for putting together teams that the clubs' involved finances shouldn't stretch to. Pompey are in a comfortable 4th place in the premiership, and even if they don't stay there they do look like staying in the top half and may get a UEFA place - which I'd count as something of an achievement.
Yes.

I wanted him to take over from Sven. While it may seem ludicrous on first consideration, I think he'd have been the right man for the job.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by asromacalcio
Gigi del Neri.
Only when he manages to last longer than the pre-season. 😵

b

Bramall Lane

Moves
11 Nov 06

Originally posted by invigorate
Otto Rehhagel - Anyone who can get Greece organised enough to win a major championship deserves a mention
That's a great call invogorate.... I don't think they'd ever won a match in a major finals before Otto guided them to Euro glory....
Greece winning the European Championship was akin to The Wombles beating Liverpool in '88....

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06
1 edit

Remember this?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1835364,00.html

sc

where angels play

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by Palynka
Remember this?

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1835364,00.html
And your point is?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by sally cinnamon
And your point is?
Genius.

sc

where angels play

Moves
13 Nov 06

Genius.
Bitter more like

c
¯\_(^.^)_/¯

Moves
13 Nov 06

Genius.
I've been writing off Liverpools chances pre-season for about 15 years now, does that make me a genius too?

I think not.

m

Moves
13 Nov 06
1 edit

Genius.
From the article: "Liverpool are different. They are very competitive, it's very difficult to beat them."

Shows what he knows!

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by mtthw
From the article: "Liverpool are different. They are very competitive, it's very difficult to beat them."

Shows what he knows!
Evidently you didn't read the whole article.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by cadwah
I've been writing off Liverpools chances pre-season for about 15 years now, does that make me a genius too?

I think not.
I think that you need a little bit more than that.

m

Moves
13 Nov 06

Evidently you didn't read the whole article.
I read it. He doesn't seem to have said quite as much as the article claims. All he really says is that he doesn't like Liverpool's style of play - which says absolutely nothing one way or another about his genius.

"They are tactically very good. And they are potentially fighting for first place but I still fancy more the way Arsenal and Manchester United play football."

Could be a genius, could be a random bloke down the pub.

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
13 Nov 06

Originally posted by mtthw
I read it. He doesn't seem to have said quite as much as the article claims. All he really says is that he doesn't like Liverpool's style of play - which says absolutely nothing one way or another about his genius.

"They are tactically very good. And they are potentially fighting for first place but I still fancy more the way Arsenal and Manchester United play football."

Could be a genius, could be a random bloke down the pub.
"I believe Manchester United and Arsenal will, in spite of the fact Arsenal finished fourth and Liverpool third, still be the better teams,"