1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 23:00
    Until the season is over and for maybe longer, you have to go with Santana.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 23:13
    Originally posted by Red Night
    Until the season is over and for maybe longer, you have to go with Santana.
    When the season is over Santana may prevail, or he may not, but based on what has happened from April 1st to June 4th, Peavy is the man.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    04 Jun '07 23:401 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    When the season is over Santana may prevail, or he may not, but based on what has happened from April 1st to June 4th, Peavy is the man.
    I obviously don't need to tell you how ridiculous that sounds....right?

You are aware that they don't give out Cy Young Awards for the first third of the season.

And except for 1979, they don't give out playoff births either.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 00:23
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I obviously don't need to tell you how ridiculous that sounds....right?

You are aware that they don't give out Cy Young Awards for the first third of the season.

And except for 1979, they don't give out playoff births either.
    Were you dropped on your head as a child? That would certainly account for your inability to comprehend my simple point. The rest of the season, at this point, is an unknown variable. Anything could happen, but we don't know what. Santana could be hit by a meteorite for all we know. What is certain, however, is that as of June 4th, Peavy's stats have been better than Santana's. Therefore, at this point in time, Peavy has had a better year. It's pointless for you to jabber on like a monkey about what COULD happen in the coming months. I don't care. It is irrelevant to the question at hand.
  5. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 01:28
    It's tough when your team hasn't won a world series in 22 years. You shouldn't be so bitter.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 01:58
    Originally posted by badmoon
    It's tough when your team hasn't won a world series in 22 years. You shouldn't be so bitter.
    :'(
  7. Joined
    20 Jan '07
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 04:35
    Michael Dawson is the best pitcher.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 13:30
    Actually the name of the forum is who is the best pitcher in baseball. I was not suggesting Santana would win the Cy Young award if the season ended today, but if you look at the last few years and what I would expect to happen for the rest of the year, if I could have any pitcher in 2007 starting right now, I'd take Santana.
  9. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 14:15
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    Actually the name of the forum is who is the best pitcher in baseball. I was not suggesting Santana would win the Cy Young award if the season ended today, but if you look at the last few years and what I would expect to happen for the rest of the year, if I could have any pitcher in 2007 starting right now, I'd take Santana.
    The thread is titled "Best pitcher in baseball", but uzeless refines that in his inaugural post by asking, "Who's the best pitcher in Baseball this year?" Need I say more?
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 17:08
    The thread is titled "Best pitcher in baseball", but uzeless refines that in his inaugural post by asking, "Who's the best pitcher in Baseball [b]this year?" Need I say more?[/b]
    You could be say that you are sorry for being obnoxious or for not allowing people to comment on what is certaintly in the general topic if not exactly on the redefined inaugural post. Unlike yourself, I am not an authority on forum rules, but I certainly felt like my comments were relevant (and non-insulting too) and would prefer to be ignored or receive feedback on what I said then to be told that my comments were outside the narrowest possible construction of the topic.
  11. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 17:14
    The thread is titled "Best pitcher in baseball", but uzeless refines that in his inaugural post by asking, "Who's the best pitcher in Baseball [b]this year?" Need I say more?[/b]
    This year could also include June, July, August, September and October of 2006. Why don't you do a quick re-evaluation of the pitchers' stats for us and I might reconsider. Otherwise, you're still very, very wrong.
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:50
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    You could be say that you are sorry for being obnoxious or for not allowing people to comment on what is certaintly in the general topic if not exactly on the redefined inaugural post. Unlike yourself, I am not an authority on forum rules, but I certainly felt like my comments were relevant (and non-insulting too) and would prefer to be ignored o ...[text shortened]... then to be told that my comments were outside the narrowest possible construction of the topic.
    Sorry for being obnoxious? Being obnoxious is the only thing which motivates me to post in this lame forum in the first place. This is my thread from now on, and I will dominate it like Stalin dominated the Soviet Union. Henceforth, the only acceptable criteria for "best pitcher of the year" will be stats accumulated from April to the present date. If you want to take it to mean something else then you can go start your own thread. Otherwise you'll be subjected to a constant barrage of my overweening pomposity.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:54
    Sorry for being obnoxious? Being obnoxious is the only thing which motivates me to post in this lame forum in the first place. This is my thread from now on, and I will dominate it like Stalin dominated the Soviet Union. Henceforth, the only acceptable criteria for "best pitcher of the year" will be stats accumulated from April to the present date. If you w ...[text shortened]... own thread. Otherwise you'll be subjected to a constant barrage of my overweening pomposity.
    Hey, this is oppression!
  14. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 18:54
    Originally posted by darvlay
    This year could also include June, July, August, September and October of 2006. Why don't you do a quick re-evaluation of the pitchers' stats for us and I might reconsider. Otherwise, you're still very, very wrong.
    Not even RBHill would be foolish enough to try to include months from last year into the definition of 'this year.' They may do it in hockey, but that don't fly in baseball.

I stand by the statement that PEAVY has been the best pitcher in baseball so far this year. All you Grima Wormtongues from the Santana fan club are just wasting your time.
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    05 Jun '07 19:00
    Not even RBHill would be foolish enough to try to include months from last year into the definition of 'this year.'
    That's low, Wingett.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree