1. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 16:10
    Brad Penny is also off to a great start.
  2. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    08 Jun '07 16:53
    A case could be made for Josh Beckett as well.
  3. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 13:58
    John Lackey is off to a great start also.
  4. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    09 Jun '07 23:14
    I wish Dice-K was doing better.. Josh Becket is now 9-0. Okey Dokey is more than the expected with his late game set-ups. Watch that kid pitch, he's looking at his feet when he throws. Funny thing is, that is how I bowled (200 avg in case you were about to laugh).

P-
  5. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    10 Jun '07 23:38
    Well, well...what have we here? It seems Mr. Santana lost to the lowly Washington Nationals his last time around. That drops him to a dismal 6-6 record. I think the cheerleaders in the Santana fan club can take their pom-pons and go home in shame. It seems there are at least a dozen pitchers queued up ahead of him in the "best pitcher of the year" line.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 22:23
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    i think Haren is very good, but I belive quality starts are overrate. Giving up 3 runs in 6 innings gives you a 4.5 era. that's just not quality to me.
    Wow, I'm impressed with Haren so far. 7-2, 1.58 ERA. I'd say it's him in the AL and Peavy in the NL.
  7. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    11 Jun '07 23:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Wow, I'm impressed with Haren so far. 7-2, 1.58 ERA. I'd say it's him in the AL and Peavy in the NL.
    Haren and Peavey are 1-2 in just about every pitching leader board you look at. They have both been impressive! Mr. Santana appears to be having a very un-Santana-like year! I'd still take him on the Pirates if the Twins are gonna' cut him loose any time soon😉😛
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 00:48
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    Haren and Peavey are 1-2 in just about every pitching leader board you look at. They have both been impressive! Mr. Santana appears to be having a very un-Santana-like year! I'd still take him on the Pirates if the Twins are gonna' cut him loose any time soon😉😛
    Yeah, I guess. If we suddenly found out he was playing for some independent minor league team, or something, I'm sure Detroit could find a spot for him in the bullpen. Right behind Jason Grilli, I suppose.
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 12:08
    Yeah, I guess. If we suddenly found out he was playing for some independent minor league team, or something, I'm sure Detroit could find a spot for him in the bullpen. Right behind Jason Grilli, I suppose.
    I'm sure Leyland and his boys could find a spot for a left-handed set up man😛 How do the fans of Detroit like Slick's (Andy Van Slyke)sense of humor? I always enjoyed him when he was patrolling centerfield for the Pirates in the early 90's. You guys have quite the ex-Pirate connection up there on your coaching staff!
  10. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 13:25
    Originally posted by Chaswray
    I'm sure Leyland and his boys could find a spot for a left-handed set up man😛 How do the fans of Detroit like Slick's (Andy Van Slyke)sense of humor? I always enjoyed him when he was patrolling centerfield for the Pirates in the early 90's. You guys have quite the ex-Pirate connection up there on your coaching staff!
    The Pirates have been rebuilding since those years, haven't they? 😛
  11. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 13:45
    Originally posted by darvlay
    The Pirates have been rebuilding since those years, haven't they? 😛
    That's the front office line😳 We are headed for our 14th straight losing season😞 Best thing that could happen to the Pirates would be for Mark Cuban to buy them. Current ownership doesn't understand that you have to spend a buck to make a buck. Witness their recent first round pick in the draft. They didn't take the best available player (s) because of representation by Scott Boros. Instead with the fourth pick they take the fifth best pitcher available😲
  12. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    12 Jun '07 14:17
    A little trivia since we're talking pitchers and baseball:

Today is the 37th anniversary of the Dock Ellis LSD no hitter. June 12 1970, Pittsburgh Pirate pitcher, Dock Ellis no hit the Padres while under the influence of LSD. The only proof of his "condition" was his own admission some 14 years later.
  13. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 01:29
    A no hitter for Justin Verlander. That puts him at 7-2, 2.79 ERA. That'll move him a few notches closer to the top of the list.
  14. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 12:59
    A no hitter for Justin Verlander. That puts him at 7-2, 2.79 ERA. That'll move him a few notches closer to the top of the list.
    4 walks though. A three-star no-hitter if I ever saw one. Right on par with Andy Hawkins' from 1991.
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    13 Jun '07 14:16
    Hamels, Hamels, Hamels, can't say it enough...

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree