1. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 00:15
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Were you dropped on your head as a child? That would certainly account for your inability to comprehend my simple point. The rest of the season, at this point, is an unknown variable. Anything could happen, but we don't know what. Santana could be hit by a meteorite for all we know. What is certain, however, is that as of June 4th, Peavy's stats have been b ...[text shortened]... COULD happen in the coming months. I don't care. It is irrelevant to the question at hand.
    You want something that is certain?

You are an idiot...that is a certainty.
  2. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 01:58
    Originally posted by Red Night

It's a wonder what I can accomplish when I put my mind to it.
  3. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 04:35
    Originally posted by Red Night

I wish a meteorite would land on your head, it would create a bunker that Arnold Palmer could design a golf course around, thats if anyone thought he was famous enough to invest in a course designed by our Arnold.
  4. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 05:10
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    I wish a meteorite would land on your head, it would create a bunker that Arnold Palmer could design a golf course around, thats if anyone thought he was famous enough to invest in a course designed by our Arnold.
    ???
  5. LA
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 06:58
    ???
    Ignore anything that RN posts.
    The guys justs tries to create trouble in any thread he can.
    The Arnold Palmer comment is an old joke that you willl find many references to because the all knowledgable RN claims that Arnold Palmer is one of the 3 all time greatest sports men ever.
    Obviously more famous than Ali, Pele or Woods according to RN.
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 16:06
    Originally posted by Rooney Once a Blue
    Ignore anything that RN posts.
    The guys justs tries to create trouble in any thread he can.
    The Arnold Palmer comment is an old joke that you willl find many references to because the all knowledgable RN claims that Arnold Palmer is one of the 3 all time greatest sports men ever.
    Obviously more famous than Ali, Pele or Woods according to RN.
    I can fully understand your distaste for this loathsome Red Night fellow. His persistent belligerence in the face of my perfectly reasoned arguments, and his unpardonable attacks on my personal character, are quite beyond the pale. In future I shall endeavor to avoid associating with such scurrilous rogues as he. May a pox afflict his lineage for ten generations hence.

Go Peavy!

Down with Santana and Arnold Palmer!
  7. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 16:191 edit
    I will attempt to incorporate incoming data into my assessment of the Peavy vs. Santana sweepstakes. After all, I fully concede that Santana may pass up Peavy as the 'best pitcher in baseball this year.' So let's see....Peavy got a no decision in his last start. He stays at 7-1, 1.68 ERA. Santana, on the other hand, was beaten like a red-headed stepchild. That drubbing left him at 6-5, 3.30 ERA. Barely above .500. Clearly he is on death's doorstep. But Peavy starts tonight...what twists and turns will this enthralling contest take? Stay tuned.
  8. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 16:43
    I will attempt to incorporate incoming data into my assessment of the Peavy vs. Santana sweepstakes. After all, I fully concede that Santana may pass up Peavy as the 'best pitcher in baseball this year.' So let's see....Peavy got a no decision in his last start. He stays at 7-1, 1.68 ERA. Santana, on the other hand, was beaten like a red-headed stepchild. T ...[text shortened]... Peavy starts tonight...what twists and turns will this enthralling contest take? Stay tuned.
    Have you considered C.C. Sabathia's stats so far this year?
  9. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 17:07
    Strictly based on this year's performance so far, April' 07 to June 6 '07, there are about 20 pitchers in MLB faring better than Santana. But as the saying goes "It's still early" 😉
  10. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 17:111 edit
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Not yet he ain't. Getting close though. He's gonna need more than that change-up to be the best.
    I'm telling you its nasty. Hamels will have a couple Cy Youngs and perfect games in his career, maybe this year if he keeps it up.
  11. Standard memberChaswray
    NUTTING BUSTER
    Baseball Purgatory
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 17:21
    Haven't had the pleasure of seeing him yet. I miss the days when the Pirates and Phillies were cross state rivals and played each other 15-18 times a year! Have heard a lot of good things about Hamels though
  12. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 18:22
    Sabathia...9-1, 3.40

Hamels...8-2, 3.55

Not too shabby. But the ERA is similar to Santana's. The better W-L record indicates that they're merely getting more run support. Still, they're worthy contenders in the race.
  13. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 18:59
    Is it pronounced Hamels as in camels, or Hah-mulls?
  14. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 19:01
    Originally posted by darvlay
    Is it pronounced Hamels as in camels, or Hah-mulls?
    I say them sounding the same, but it more like Ha-mulls
  15. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 Jun '07 19:04
    Originally posted by PocketKings
    I say them sounding the same, but it more like Ha-mulls
    Hah or ham. Which is it?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree