1. lazy boy derivative
    Joined
    11 Mar '06
    Moves
    71817
    04 Dec '06 01:12
    They aren't 2nd best. It wasn't about who are the top two teams. It was about the BCS not wanting a rematch....ie., ratings. 😠
  2. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    04 Dec '06 01:25
    Originally posted by badmoon
    They aren't 2nd best. It wasn't about who are the top two teams. It was about the BCS not wanting a rematch....ie., ratings. 😠
    I agree.

    Florida is a good team though.
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    04 Dec '06 01:401 edit
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I agree.

    Florida is a good team though.
    Good team, schmood team! Second best should get the chance, not third.

    😠

    P-
  4. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    04 Dec '06 02:081 edit
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Good team, schmood team! Second best should get the chance, not third.

    😠

    P-
    I agree. Michigan deserved the game.
  5. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    04 Dec '06 02:28
    Originally posted by Red Night
    I agrre. Michigan deserved the game.
    Michigan is 3rd now.
  6. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    04 Dec '06 02:33
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Michigan is 3rd now.
    Right. That's what we're talking about.
  7. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    04 Dec '06 02:47
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    Michigan is 3rd now.
    Explain why. Michigan is in The Big Ten with Ohio and Wisconsin and all of them have great season rankings and play a tough division.

    Florida is in first in Southeast, and Tennesee is next with a 9-3 record. Florida beat them by one point!

    Michigan lost by 3 points on the road in Ohio... Vegas would call that a tied game.

    It's stupid to say they shouldn't need to play again when Michigan is clearly the second best team. They crushed Wisconsin.

    If this game is a blow-out... the BCS is going to be proven to be crap.

    P-
  8. Standard memberRed Night
    RHP Prophet
    pursuing happiness
    Joined
    22 Feb '06
    Moves
    13669
    04 Dec '06 02:53
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Explain why. Michigan is in The Big Ten with Ohio and Wisconsin and all of them have great season rankings and play a tough division.

    Florida is in first in Southeast, and Tennesee is next with a 9-3 record. Florida beat them by one point!

    Michigan lost by 3 points on the road in Ohio... Vegas would call that a tied game.

    It's stupid to say the ...[text shortened]... d Wisconsin.

    If this game is a blow-out... the BCS is going to be proven to be crap.

    P-
    I think the last few years have shown the BCS to be crap already.

    It's obvious the way team after team was thrown into the # 2 spot that the voters did not want a repeat. Call it poilitics, TV ratings, an attempt to cover up the inadequacies of the system...but, they were not going to let the rematch happen no matter how obvious it was that Michigan deserved the spot.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39593
    04 Dec '06 05:143 edits
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Explain why. Michigan is in The Big Ten with Ohio and Wisconsin and all of them have great season rankings and play a tough division.

    Florida is in first in Southeast, and Tennesee is next with a 9-3 record. Florida beat them by one point!

    Michigan lost by 3 points on the road in Ohio... Vegas would call that a tied game.

    It's stupid to say the d Wisconsin.

    If this game is a blow-out... the BCS is going to be proven to be crap.

    P-
    The Big Ten is crap. If Michigan played Florida's schedule they would have lost at least 3 games. They could barely handle Ball State!

    EDIT: Penn State plays Tennessee in the Outback Bowl and Wisconsin plays Arkansas in the CapitalOne. I'll be shocked if either of the Big Ten teams don't get blown out.
  10. cleveland ohio
    Joined
    02 Apr '05
    Moves
    54554
    04 Dec '06 16:03
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Big Ten is crap. If Michigan played Florida's schedule they would have lost at least 3 games. They could barely handle Ball State!

    EDIT: Penn State plays Tennessee in the Outback Bowl and Wisconsin plays Arkansas in the CapitalOne. I'll be shocked if either of the Big Ten teams don't get blown out.
    you are nuts people dont know how tough the big 10 is its s just as tough as the sec there is a reason that OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN HAS TOP RANKED FOOTBALL PROGRAMS DECADE AFTER DECADE!!!!!!
  11. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    04 Dec '06 17:12
    Originally posted by richfeet
    you are nuts people dont know how tough the big 10 is its s just as tough as the sec there is a reason that OHIO STATE AND MICHIGAN HAS TOP RANKED FOOTBALL PROGRAMS DECADE AFTER DECADE!!!!!!
    The Big 10 is not the SEC, not even close (not in football, that is). The Big Ten usually only has a couple quality teams every year, being Michigan, OSU and Wisconsin. Penn State has a good year every now and then, but it can't be expected. The SEC is always competitive. Every team has a shot at beating all the other teams in the division whenever they play, and it's always exciting football, not like the blowouts we usually see up here in Big 10 country during the conference schedule.
  12. Standard memberGalaxyShield
    Mr. Shield
    Joined
    02 Sep '04
    Moves
    174290
    04 Dec '06 17:15
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    .

    Florida is in first in Southeast, and Tennesee is next with a 9-3 record.



    P-
    I thought Arkansas and LSU both finished in front of Tennessee? Both of them are 10-2 I believe. Otherwise Tennessee would have played Florida in the SEC champ. right?
  13. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    04 Dec '06 19:411 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    The Big Ten is crap. If Michigan played Florida's schedule they would have lost at least 3 games. They could barely handle Ball State!

    EDIT: Penn State plays Tennessee in the Outback Bowl and Wisconsin plays Arkansas in the CapitalOne. I'll be shocked if either of the Big Ten teams don't get blown out.
    Hey, dumbskull. Vegas says Michigan would be a 6 1/2 favorite over Florida on a neutral field.

    Phht on Florida.

    P-
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Joined
    27 Mar '03
    Moves
    17242
    04 Dec '06 19:44
    Originally posted by GalaxyShield
    I thought Arkansas and LSU both finished in front of Tennessee? Both of them are 10-2 I believe. Otherwise Tennessee would have played Florida in the SEC champ. right?
    I'm talking about the division, not BCS rankings.

    Florida first in the south, followed by Tenn.

    P-
  15. Standard memberPocketKings
    Banned from edits
    Grammar dyslexic
    Joined
    20 May '05
    Moves
    11372
    04 Dec '06 19:55
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    I'm talking about the division, not BCS rankings.

    Florida first in the south, followed by Tenn.

    P-
    6 weeks off, the perfect amount of time to have playoffs
Back to Top