1. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 14:12
    Originally posted by eatmybishop
    in terms of scandal and paid off players - yes - i agree

the italian league is special i will say that - it has the only games in the world where you can walk away, make a cup of tea, have a chat with the neighbour, come back and the ball is still in the same place
    Scandal aside.... superior in every way....even tea making is better !!!
  2. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 14:14
    Originally posted by Seitse
    Quality players go to Spain where, unlike England, the ball stays
    more time on the ground than flying -waiting for a head to push it
    and score.
    yes, but where's the passion, the blood, the tears, the guts, the anger, the hatred, the history.... welcome to the premiership - the only reason you criticise it is because you dont understand it... i went to a spanish game and was in the third row, i was so far away from the pitch i needed binoculars to see the game.... the premiership, you're about 2 foot from the pitch, now that's a game of football not your crappy greasy league where one player dribbles the ball the whole way then loses it... spanish football, yes so good, and when have they won the world cup... more to the point, has spain ever got pass the first round
  3. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 15:05
    Dude, I think you take this too passionate.

Try doing the same stuff at a match in Italy between an English and an Italian team 😉
  4. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 20:06
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Italians outclass the Premiership hands down !!!
    Their second best team is getting mauled 6-0 'in the premiership'.
  5. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 20:45
    Originally posted by Esoteric
    Nope. It is still being outclassed by the Italian and Spanish leagues. I read somewhere not long ago that there are more goals scored in Serie A matches than in the EPL. I will try and track it down.
    2 English teams (and a near certain 3rd) in the last 4 of the Champions League. How many Italian and Spanish sides made it that far?

That shouldn't take you too long to track down.
  6. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 20:48
    Originally posted by Jay Joos
    Italians outclass the Premiership hands down !!!
    Yeah, Roma really "showed" ManU how to play tonight!
  7. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 21:01
    Ha ha ha Ronaldo??? I guessing you are talking about Christiano right. World class? C'mon, he is very good, but he is not one of the elite. I'll agree Henry is, but Gerrard? Seriously?

Want to talk about the worlds best players? Kaka, Pirlo, Cannavaro, Ronaldinho, Figo, Adriano, Ronaldo, Dida, Cafu, Messi...

When it comes to elite players you can't c ...[text shortened]... rie A or La Liga.

Only English people think the EPL is of a better calibre than the rest.
    That lady boy Ronaldo is pants. Couldn't even score a hattrick against those useless Romans. Rubbish I tell you.

Adriano? hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha .. oh stop .. it hurts.
  8. Joined
    29 Jan '07
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 21:05
    Nope. It is still being outclassed by the Italian and Spanish leagues. I read somewhere not long ago that there are more goals scored in Serie A matches than in the EPL. I will try and track it down.
    ha ha ha ha..... outclassed by italian sides... wasnt the score 7-1???
  9. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 23:37
    Originally posted by Cityblue
    Kaka, Ronaldinho and Messi - great players....

Adriano is just useless.....when does he ever play to his ability?? He was absolutely clueless during the world cup and I've not seen much greatness from him this season either - a shame as he is a fantastic talent.

Dida, Cafu, Ronaldo (brazilian one), Figo - are we just listing formerly great players wh ...[text shortened]... regas, Henry, Rooney.....

Coem on lest be fair - all three leagues are decent now..........
    I never said the EPL didn't have any good players, and i never said the league wasn't any good. I still enjoy watching the EPL, but i just think that Spanish and the Serie A are better leagues.
  10. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    10 Apr '07 23:391 edit
    ha ha ha ha..... outclassed by italian sides... wasnt the score 7-1???
    Roma deserve that. Arrogant b@stards.

I said the league outclassed the EPL, not sides (as has been shown by Man U).
  11. Joined
    19 Sep '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 07:001 edit
    I said the league outclassed the EPL, not sides (as has been shown by Man U).
    You don't half talk crap! Why are you digging yourself a bigger hole?
  12. Standard memberEsoteric
    Cognitive Junta
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 07:24

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

13. Joined
    26 Nov '03
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 07:45
    italian football full of scandal (and pretty boring too lets be honest) and only valencia still flying the flag for spanish football in the champions league.... is it now time for the premiership to take the "greatest league in the world" crown?
    It's pity Arsenal let us down by not making it to the semi-finals, would have been great to have an all British/English semi-final, not that Liverpool are officially there yet but PSV are currently 84/1 to qualify.
  14. Joined
    10 Nov '05
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 07:51
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Why are you getting angry? I think we're all a little confused how the EPL can be of a lesser standard than Serie A, when you say it's sides (i.e. team for team) are better than the Italians. Can you explain more?
  15. Standard memberCityblue
    Moonchester
    Blue Moon
    Moves
    11 Apr '07 07:54
    Originally posted by ElleEffSeee
    Why are you getting angry? I think we're all a little confused how the EPL can be of a lesser standard than Serie A, when you say it's sides (i.e. team for team) are better than the Italians. Can you explain more?
    I think he has been suggesting that Serie A and La Liga are better due to the more competitive nature of the leagues.....not just saying the standard is better.....

This is probably true for Spain at the moment....much closer competition between the top few teams that EPL has had for a long while.....

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree