Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
What prediction have I made in this thread that's been wrong?

I'll predict this and make a small cash wager if you have the ballsz: Kevin Garnett will finish higher in the MVP vote than Tracy McGreedy. You up for it?
OH, you are limiting to JUST this thread? So far, it is just specualted wrongs in this thread. I am referring to all of the PROVEN wrongs from the other threads.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

Every comment you made applies equally to KG. And he has led his team to the greatest turnaround in league history. And his team will win at least 8 more games than Kobe's.

Paul's having a much better year stat wise than Kobe. A 4.6 assist to turnover ratio is sick for a point guard (Kobe's assist to turnover is 1.71). He also leads the le ...[text shortened]... ce he didn't deserve it before and he doesn't deserve it now, that's hardly a reason.
Yeah yeah yeah and Colt Brennen was the most prolific QB in the history of the world setined to be the first QB taken in the draft and who would single-handedly carry Hawaii to a bowl victory. Strike one, two and three take a seat on the bench now!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
OH, you are limiting to JUST this thread? So far, it is just specualted wrongs in this thread. I am referring to all of the PROVEN wrongs from the other threads.
Are you ever going to say anything on-topic? I've been incorrect in some of my predictions the same as you and everybody else who posts here. I've been dead right on others (I called the Super Bowl for the Giants a few hours before kickoff). So stop being a pathetic jerk; this is the Sports Forum, not the Troll Forum.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

That's another good reason why Paul is more deserving of MVP, isn't it?
Kobe and Paul and McGrady are more deserving than KG.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Yeah yeah yeah and Colt Brennen was the most prolific QB in the history of the world setined to be the first QB taken in the draft and who would single-handedly carry Hawaii to a bowl victory. Strike one, two and three take a seat on the bench now!!
Yeah, that has a lot to do with the NBA MVP vote.

Do I have to waste my time and dig up predictions of yours that were completely wrong?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Kobe and Paul and McGrady are more deserving than KG.
Pony up if you really think MacGreedy is going to get more votes than KG.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08
2 edits

Yes, he had better numbers in 2002-03, his team won 50 games and he finished a distant third in the MVP voting. http://www.usatoday.com/sports/basketball/nba/spurs/2003-05-03-duncan-mvp_x.htm
The next three paragraphs are written by Marc Stein of ESPN.

Bryant has seen more double- and triple-teams and junk defenses. He's endured a far lower grade of overall team health; Andrew Bynum will end up having played less than half the season, and Pau Gasol has missed 11 games just since his Feb. 1 arrival in Los Angeles. Kobe has played through a hand injury of his own that still requires surgery and is asked by his coach and teammates to be All-NBA at both ends, all while shouldering higher expectations than those of any other player in the league.

I know, I know. Now you're going to ask how I could vote for Steve Nash two years running and not vote for Paul now. That complaint, for starters, has never made sense to me. Every season, and thus every MVP race, should be judged on its own.

If you insist on persisting with the Nash comparison, don't forget that the little Canadian won his back-to-back MVPs for almost single-handedly turning a 29-win team into a 62-win team that posted the league's best record in a West that wasn't too shabby

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080412-13

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

Are you ever going to say anything on-topic? I've been incorrect in some of my predictions the same as you and everybody else who posts here. I've been dead right on others (I called the Super Bowl for the Giants a few hours before kickoff). So stop being a pathetic jerk; this is the Sports Forum, not the Troll Forum.
You resorting to name calling again. You whine like a baby when I bust your butt with them. Let me see, you out-picked me in the collge bowl games right? -WRONG!!! Oh yeah, you outpicked me in the NCAA basketball tourney picks, right? - WRONG!!! Colt Brennen may not even get drafted on Day ONE of the draft. You still want to go on that one?

I don't disagree with EVERYTHING you say. I mean, even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

You resorting to name calling again. You whine like a baby when I bust your butt with them. Let me see, you out-picked me in the collge bowl games right? -WRONG!!! Oh yeah, you outpicked me in the NCAA basketball tourney picks, right? - WRONG!!! Colt Brennen may not even get drafted on Day ONE of the draft. You still want to go on that one?

I don't disagree with EVERYTHING you say. I mean, even a blind hog finds an acorn every now and then.
You finished one entire point ahead of me in those two "competitions" and now act like that makes you a Sports expert! What a blowhard. This from a guy who didn't even know that Kevin Garnett had already won an MVP.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

Pony up if you really think MacGreedy is going to get more votes than KG.
Hey, votes and deserving are two very different issues. The media darlings are going to try and place the winner on one of the coasts first. Frankly, I was surprised they had the guts to give it to Nash twice in a row. What I am saying, and have said all along, is that TRacy McGrady was more valuable to the Rockets team making the playoffs than was KG in Boston. Chris Paul was more valuable to New Orleans than KG was to Boston. Kobe was more valuable to the Lakers than KG was to Boston. PERIOD. The voting is a popularity contest many times. You never know how they are going to vote, or if they will get it right. If they give it to KG it will be a travesty because of the reasons I listed above. Now, don't try to spin or twist what I said. Just shut up, read it, absorb it, and then eloquently nod your head that what I have said is true. I cannot say who will be voted on as MVP. I have said who were the most deserving.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

You finished one entire point ahead of me in those two "competitions" and now act like that makes you a Sports expert! What a blowhard. This from a guy who didn't even know that Kevin Garnett had already won an MVP.
One point or 50 points...a win is a win. Correct?

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

as you said it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 50, you still WIN. So this guy beat you, face it.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Hey, votes and deserving are two very different issues. The media darlings are going to try and place the winner on one of the coasts first. Frankly, I was surprised they had the guts to give it to Nash twice in a row. What I am saying, and have said all along, is that TRacy McGrady was more valuable to the Rockets team making the playoffs than was KG i ...[text shortened]... aid is true. I cannot say who will be voted on as MVP. I have said who were the most deserving.
I've read your tripe and remains tripe. KG has led the biggest turnaround in league history taking a subpar club to easily the best record in the league. He's done it with offense, defense and leadership; if Nash can win it for doing almost the same thing in Phoenix, KG is even more deserving. Kobe was his typical malcontented self early in the year and MacGreedy and his team are fading down the stretch; his teams have never won a playoff series and I don't think they will this year either. Paul is a legit candidate and I won't bark too much if he wins; but KG's team is going to win about 10 more games than the Hornets. You can't seem to grasp that the award is for the Most Valuable Player in the LEAGUE, not for the individual team. That's KG this year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

One point or 50 points...a win is a win. Correct?
Yes, you finished ahead in those "competitions".

No, that doesn't make you a super all Sports expert as you pretend to be.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
as you said it doesn't matter if you win by 1 or 50, you still WIN. So this guy beat you, face it.
He didn't come anywhere close to winning in the NCAA "competition".