Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by impatient
An opposing coach praising the competition? Is that so new to you that you actually take it literally? Praising the competition is as overused as such wonderful quotes like "I just decided to be aggressive" and "You know my teamates really deserve the credit".

Coaches long ago realized that saying anything but positive about the opposing team on ...[text shortened]... ither your are 1) new to sports 2) not smart 3) live in your own little fantasy world.
If you were reading any of the other posts, I was just using that quote as evidence that the Lakers are better.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
As you said it doesn't matter if you win a game by 1 or 50 the same can be applied to records. It doesn't matter if you win the conference by 1 game or 20 games, you still won.
And that will mean absolutely nothing in the playoffs. Ask the 2007 Dallas Mavericks.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
What exactly are you talking about? Your post is nonsense (as usual).
Your memory is usually short when it comes to your predictions being WRONG!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Your memory is usually short when it comes to your predictions being WRONG!!!
What prediction have I made in this thread that's been wrong?

I'll predict this and make a small cash wager if you have the ballsz: Kevin Garnett will finish higher in the MVP vote than Tracy McGreedy. You up for it?

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
LeBron leads the league in points per game, not points actually scored. Kobe has 2303 points while LeBron has 2223. Kobe's ppg would be higher if he had sat out a couple of games this season like LeBron has.
UMMMMMM ...... if kobe would have sat out games then he wouldnt have scored so many points, PLEASE think before you try to make your "points". The reason he has scored more is because he hasnt missed any games while LeBron has.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

What prediction have I made in this thread that's been wrong?

I'll predict this and make a small cash wager if you have the ballsz: Kevin Garnett will finish higher in the MVP vote than Tracy McGreedy. You up for it?
I'll agree that he'll finish higher but I don't feel he deserves it. The only real race is between CP3 and KB24. I'm not including Lebron because his team will not get 50 wins and are only 6 games over .500 in a VERY WEAK Eastern Conference. And why do you think Kobe didn't win the MVP the past 2 seasons, because he kept his team only 9 games above .500 in 2005-2006 and only 2 games above .500 in 2006-2007 in a MUCH MORE COMPETITIVE WESTERN CONFERENCE while still putting better numbers and Lebron is this season. Therefore how can you give it to Lebron when Kobe was doing the same thing the past 2 seasons with slightly better numbers. The reason I don't think Paul will when it is because he's putting up good numbers but not great and his team will be a No. 2 or 3 seed in the playoffs. Now to why I think Kobe deserves it is because although this is not statistically his best INDIVIDUAL SEASON, it is one of his best seasons as a TEAM PLAYER. And he's still putting up good individual numbers but he's playing much better team ball. I feel he is the BEST AND MOST COMPLETE PLAYER IN THE LEAGUE because he is a threat both on OFFENSE AND DEFENSE. And as an added bonus if his team beats the Kings tomorrow, his team will have the number 1 seed going into the playoffs.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
UMMMMMM ...... if kobe would have sat out games then he wouldnt have scored so many points, PLEASE think before you try to make your "points". The reason he has scored more is because he hasnt missed any games while LeBron has.
And that is why Lebron has a higher PPG average. MoneyMike was saying that Kobe would have had a higher PPG average if he had sat out some games like Lebron did. If Kobe had done that, he wouldn't have as many points but would have a higher PPG average.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08
2 edits

I'll agree that he'll finish higher but I don't feel he deserves it. The only real race is between CP3 and KB24. I'm not including Lebron because his team will not get 50 wins and are only 6 games over .500 in a VERY WEAK Eastern Conference. And why do you think Kobe didn't win the MVP the past 2 seasons, because he kept his team only 9 games above beats the Kings tomorrow, his team will have the number 1 seed going into the playoffs.
Every comment you made applies equally to KG. And he has led his team to the greatest turnaround in league history. And his team will win at least 8 more games than Kobe's.

Paul's having a much better year stat wise than Kobe. A 4.6 assist to turnover ratio is sick for a point guard (Kobe's assist to turnover is 1.71). He also leads the league in both assists and steals. He has a much higher FG percentage than Kobe and a slightly higher 3-PT and FT percentage. Kobe has more rebounds but 4.0 rebounds a game for a 6 foot point guard is a lot more impressive than 6.3 rebounds for a 6-6 leaper.

There's no real argument for Kobe based on this year's numbers. If you want to go for the player who has had the biggest impact on the league standing wise, you vote for KG. If you want the guy with the most impressive stats, you vote for Chris Paul. Kobe's third in my book at best, though it seems he's going to get a big sympathy vote because he hasn't won it before. But since he didn't deserve it before and he doesn't deserve it now, that's hardly a reason.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Every comment you made applies equally to KG. And he has lead his team to the greatest turnaround in league history. And his team will win at least 8 more games than Kobe's.

Paul's having a much better year stat wise than Kobe. A 4.6 assist to turnover ratio is sick for a point guard (Kobe's assist to turnover is 1.71). He also leads the l ...[text shortened]... ce he didn't deserve it before and he doesn't deserve it now, that's hardly a reason.
See I don't get it, if Kobe puts up sick numbers like he has in years past or like Lebron is doing now, he is accused of being a ball hog. But when he sacrifices some of his INDIVIDUAL stats to be a a better TEAM player he is not good enough. Let's just face it, Kobe is HATED for no particular reason.

Moves
14 Apr 08

And that is why Lebron has a higher PPG average. MoneyMike was saying that Kobe would have had a higher PPG average if he had sat out some games like Lebron did. If Kobe had done that, he wouldn't have as many points but would have a higher PPG average.
NOOOOOO, if he would sit out the games, he would not score more, meaning he could not have a higher PPG average .... no way you look at it, by Kobe sitting out he doesn't all of a sudden become the leader in PPG.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
NOOOOOO, if he would sit out the games, he would not score more, meaning he could not have a higher PPG average .... no way you look at it, by Kobe sitting out he doesn't all of a sudden become the leader in PPG.
Not once did I say he would have LED in PPG. I said he would have had a higher PPG. And face it, if Lebron had played EVERY game this season his PPG would not have been as high.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

See I don't get it, if Kobe puts up sick numbers like he has in years past or like Lebron is doing now, he is accused of being a ball hog. But when he sacrifices some of his INDIVIDUAL stats to be a a better TEAM player he is not good enough. Let's just face it, Kobe is HATED for no particular reason.
Don't be ridiculous; I don't "hate" Kobe. But the fact is for the reasons I've given above, both KG and Chris Paul are more deserving of the MVP than he is this year.

Moves
14 Apr 08

Not once did I say he would have LED in PPG. I said he would have had a higher PPG. And face it, if Lebron had played EVERY game this season his PPG would not have been as high.
How can you say that by playing more or less games you would have fewer or more PPG???? That makes no since, throughout the season the more games CP3 has played the HIGHER his assists PG has gone, where as Steve Nash's has started to go down. It has no affect on how many games you play, just how well you play in them.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Don't be ridiculous; I don't "hate" Kobe. But the fact is for the reasons I've given above, both KG and Chris Paul are more deserving of the MVP than he is this year.
The reason Chris Paul obviously leads Kobe in assists is because the Lakers pass alot. If you watch Lakers games, they are usually getting 3, 4, even all 5 guys involved on almost each possesion. So Kobe is not the only one getting more assists on the Lakers.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

The reason Chris Paul obviously leads Kobe in assists is because the Lakers pass alot. If you watch Lakers games, they are usually getting 3, 4, even all 5 guys involved on almost each possesion. So Kobe is not the only one getting more assists on the Lakers.
C'mon, he has 6 more assists per game than Kobe! Stop being such a "homer".