1. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 May '08 04:30
    Originally posted by shortcircuit
    Just be glad you found out early from a source in the know!!! Ever heard of "the worst kept secret on the planet"? This could be it, but take it to the bank, Kobe Bryant is the MVP.
    LA Lakers have a press conference scheduled for tomorrow. Guess the "official" announcement will come then.
  2. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 May '08 14:43
    Kobe Bryant's news conference officially announcing his Most Valuable Player award will be carried live on ESPNews at 5:30 p.m. ET.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 May '08 14:481 edit
    Oh come know. You know the popular vote has never elected the President of the US. That is all that Dewey won. The Electoral College decides who the President is. The Electoral College [b]never claimed Dewey was the President. You must always consider your sources.

Now, in the instance of the MVP, the media elects the MVP, and the media has repor ...[text shortened]... also in the media (Associated Press). Take it to the bank, bet the ranch on it. Easy money here.[/b]
    Your history is screwed up; Dewey didn't win the popular vote or electoral vote. But he was expected to so one of the big papers splashed a huge headline on Page 1: "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN". There's a very famous picture of Truman holding that paper and smiling. http://www.seanet.com/~jimxc/Politics/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

When there's an official announcement that Kobe won the MVP, then he won the MVP. Before that, it's all speculation no matter what the source.
  4. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 May '08 15:371 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Your history is screwed up; Dewey didn't win the popular vote or electoral vote. But he was expected to so one of the big papers splashed a huge headline on Page 1: "DEWEY DEFEATS TRUMAN". There's a very famous picture of Truman holding that paper and smiling. http://www.seanet.com/~jimxc/Politics/dewey_defeats_truman1.jpg

When there's a ...[text shortened]... the MVP, then he won the MVP. Before that, it's all speculation no matter what the source.
    True, they speculated that Dewey would win the Presidency based on the pole predictors, when in fact, Truman won.

In Kobe's case, don't you mean, "once they make the announcement that Kobe won the MVP, then you will believe it? Because, in actuality, once all of the votes were cast and the tabulation was done, then Kobe was the winner of the MVP. The fact that they wait a few days to make the formal announcement does not mean he won the award on that day. If you still contend that the announcement makes it official, then why not make it official only when he has the trophy in his hand? It is speculation when it is being guessed at. It is fact when you know the outcome.
  5. Joined
    05 Jan '04
    Moves
    06 May '08 16:30
    True, they speculated that Dewey would win the Presidency based on the pole predictors, when in fact, Truman won.

In Kobe's case, don't you mean, "once they make the announcement that Kobe won the MVP, then you will believe it? Because, in actuality, once all of the votes were cast and the tabulation was done, then Kobe was the winner of the MVP. Th ...[text shortened]... is hand? It is speculation when it is being guessed at. It is fact when you know the outcome.
    Every year in the NBA the winner of the MVP is leaked before the formal awarding. This is nothing new.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 May '08 16:44

In Kobe's case, don't you mean, "once they make the announcement that Kobe won the MVP, then you will believe it? Because, in actuality, once all of the votes were cast and the tabulation was done, then Kobe was the winner of the MVP. Th ...[text shortened]... is hand? It is speculation when it is being guessed at. It is fact when you know the outcome.
    Who actually gives a s**t? You don't have any "inside info"; it was reported in the LA Times 4 days ago! But being the pompous ass you are, you feel compelled to talk about your "sources" in the Associated Press! No wonder why you and the "National Master" got along soooooooooooooooo well.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    06 May '08 16:47
    The bottom line is Kobe didn't deserve it and got a "pity" vote from the media because he had never won it before.
  8. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 May '08 17:11
    Who actually gives a s**t? You don't have any "inside info"; it was reported in the LA Times 4 days ago! But being the pompous ass you are, you feel compelled to talk about your "sources" in the Associated Press! No wonder why you and the "National Master" got along soooooooooooooooo well.
    Well contrary to your "opinion", I do, in fact have connections to the AP. It has been since 1986 as well. I also have ties to several others in the news media through Cap Cities. Cap Cities owns ABC and its affliliates. ABC has ownership ties to ESPN. If you would care to wager some nice $20.00 bills, I can be persuaded to prove it to you. Let's say, 25 of those $20.00 bills would make a nice tidy sum. (That is $500.00 in US currency). Also, you may want to do some background checking on me. Darvlay could give you some insight, as could Phlabby, but please, do it privately. I would appreciate that.

As far as "National Master" (I am assuming you are referring to Dave from Kodiak clan), I never really knew him. He was in a chat forum only clan that I was in for a few days before he was banned, but I never really got to talk to him much. He seemed like a nice enough guy though, from what I saw of him. He was pretty tight with a couple others here on the site though. Actually, I get along pretty well with most here. What was your point?
  9. Subscribershortcircuit
    master of disaster
    funny farm
    Moves
    06 May '08 17:13
    The bottom line is Kobe didn't deserve it and got a "pity" vote from the media because he had never won it before.
    Now you are changing the story. That was never mentioned about how or why he got it, just that he did.
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '08 03:32

When there's a ...[text shortened]... the MVP, then he won the MVP. Before that, it's all speculation no matter what the source.
    No because as you said the ballots have been handed in already. He was still MVP 2 weeks ago, it's just that nobody but those who voted FOR SURE knew about it.
  11. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    07 May '08 03:45
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    No because as you said the ballots have been handed in already. He was still MVP 2 weeks ago, it's just that nobody but those who voted FOR SURE knew about it.
    man I am just glad they finally announced it so these trolls can finally shut up.
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 May '08 06:40
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    man I am just glad they finally announced it so these trolls can finally shut up.
    Hahaha I know and I think Kobe handled himself quite classy! I am so happy he won it, he deserved it, always has and I'm just glad he finally got his moment of glory. But even through all this, he doesn't care as much about this as he does about winning another championship.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree