Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
I've read your tripe and remains tripe. KG has led the biggest turnaround in league history taking a subpar club to easily the best record in the league. He's done it with offense, defense and leadership; if Nash can win it for doing almost the same thing in Phoenix, KG is even more deserving. Kobe was his typical malcontented self early in the year and ...[text shortened]... the Most Valuable Player in the LEAGUE, not for the individual team. That's KG this year.
Umm Kobe was content at the beginning of the season. You are thinking of the offseason comments about wanting a trade. But as soon as training camps started, Kobe did what he does every year and focused on basketball and look where they are.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Umm Kobe was content at the beginning of the season. You are thinking of the offseason comments about wanting a trade. But as soon as training camps started, Kobe did what he does every year and focused on basketball and look where they are.
With 8 less wins than the Celts who thrashed them twice. Garnett started exhibiting leadership as soon as he joined the team, while Kobe grumbled and complained about the quality of his teammates. There were trade rumors right up until the beginning of the season.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

And as Marc Stein of ESPN posted, EVERY NBA SEASON IS DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE EVERY MVP RACE SHOULD BE LOOKED AT DIFFERENTLY.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

With 8 less wins than the Celts who thrashed them twice. Garnett started exhibiting leadership as soon as he joined the team, while Kobe grumbled and complained about the quality of his teammates. There were trade rumors right up until the beginning of the season.
That was in the OFFSEASON. I'm not denying it happened, I'm just correcting you on the timing of the comments.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

And as Marc Stein of ESPN posted, EVERY NBA SEASON IS DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE EVERY MVP RACE SHOULD BE LOOKED AT DIFFERENTLY.
That's nonsense no matter how many times you put it in caps. You have to have some criteria for judging the Most Valuable Player in the LEAGUE, you can't just willy nilly change it every year.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

That's nonsense no matter how many times you put it in caps. You have to have some criteria for judging the Most Valuable Player in the LEAGUE, you can't just willy nilly change it every year.
The MVP is given for several different reason, it is not given for the SAME REASONS every year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

That was in the OFFSEASON. I'm not denying it happened, I'm just correcting you on the timing of the comments.
No, I'm correcting YOU. You claimed that once training camp started he was a great team guy. This is manifestly untrue; he was still being shopped becuase of his complaints right up to opening day. There were rumors of a trade with the Bulls even after the season started.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

And the Celts would have been good enough to make the playoffs this year and are not subpar without KG. They suffered a lot of injuries last year which made them a horrible team. KG is not the only reason the Celts are better this year, of course he's obviously a part but not the SOLE or the main reason and therefore can not be used as an argument for MVP voting.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Did you even see the PTI interview on ESPN with Kobe on there LIVE?

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

No, I'm correcting YOU. You claimed that once training camp started he was a great team guy. This is manifestly untrue; he was still being shopped becuase of his complaints right up to opening day. There were rumors of a trade with the Bulls even after the season started.
When did I say he was a great team guy? I said he focused on basketball?

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

I've read your tripe and remains tripe. KG has led the biggest turnaround in league history taking a subpar club to easily the best record in the league. He's done it with offense, defense and leadership; if Nash can win it for doing almost the same thing in Phoenix, KG is even more deserving. Kobe was his typical malcontented self early in the year and ...[text shortened]... the Most Valuable Player in the LEAGUE, not for the individual team. That's KG this year.
TRIPE, all TRIPE

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

And the Celts would have been good enough to make the playoffs this year and are not subpar without KG. They suffered a lot of injuries last year which made them a horrible team. KG is not the only reason the Celts are better this year, of course he's obviously a part but not the SOLE or the main reason and therefore can not be used as an argument for MVP voting.
We've been all through this. The Celts without KG might have made the playoffs (in the East that's not too hard) but they would have been a 2nd or 3rd tier team. As it is, they have easily had the best record in the league. Why you think that is utterly unimportant, but think that the Lakers finishing a game ahead of New Orleans means Kobe should be MVP over Chris Paul even though the former has inferior stats is mystifying.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08
1 edit

When did I say he was a great team guy? I said he focused on basketball?
Did he? He was still griping and demanding a trade. Here's an article AFTER the season had started: http://nba.suite101.com/article.cfm/fall_2007_nba_trade_rumors

He was mad because Laker management wouldn't trade Bynum as part of a package for Jason Kidd. I'm sure Bynum appreciated that from his team leader.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

You are the one who has the difficulty grasping the difference between MVP and Player of the year. Jeez, do I need to hit you over the head with a shovel? That has been the flaming arguement in sports for years why there needs to be two awards. You are arguing player of the year and I am arguing MVP. And yes sunshine, there is a difference. And if you are siding with Player of the Year, then LeBron should also be included in the mix.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

We've been all through this. The Celts without KG might have made the playoffs (in the East that's not too hard) but they would have been a 2nd or 3rd tier team. As it is, they have easily had the best record in the league. Why you think that is utterly unimportant, but think that the Lakers finishing a game ahead of New Orleans means Kobe should be MVP over Chris Paul even though the former has inferior stats is mystifying.
And you know going through all this, STATS don't always mean EVERYTHING. Honestly, who would you rather have on your team, Kobe or Chris Paul? I think I'd rather build my team around Kobe. Sorry but Kobe is more of a threat than Chris Paul is.