Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
But if you look at the point differential. On average the Lakers scored almost 7 points more than their opponents whereas the Spurs on average score 4-5 more than their opponent.
That is an utterly meaningless stat. Winning by one or winning by 50 is still winning.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

A very impressive win for the Lakers today.

Moves
14 Apr 08

I wouldn't go that far, SA was missing just about its biggest piece in Manu.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Thank you, I knew they'd win. So I didn't mean to start anything earlier, I just honestly think the Lakers are a better team. I think they have more depth than the Spurs. But we shall see when the playoffs are over.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

"They're the best in the West at this point," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Their rhythm is good, everybody knows their roles, they are playing confidently, defense looks very good. Heck of a team."

And there you have it straight from the Spurs coach himself. Now do you believe that the Lakers are the best in the west, they certainly must be if the coach of the team you claim to be the best is saying they are the best.

M

Moves
14 Apr 08

The Spurs didn't look like they gave their best effort today, even with Parker and Duncan on the floor. Pop has said that he isn't too concerned with playoff seeding and that he would rather rest his 30 somethings in preparation for the playoffs. Thats perfectly fine with me, when was the last time the Lakers were number one seed going into the playoffs?

M

Moves
14 Apr 08

I was also reading some of y'all's earlier posts, y'all need to give some more respect to the lower teams in the NBA like Sacramento and the LA Clippers. They are hardly mickey mouse teams, they have just been suffering through some pretty critical injuries all season. Both teams have just recently started getting back to better health, thus their recent dynamic impact on the Western Conference playoff race. It just goes to show you how fragile an NBA roster really is. Just look at the Lakers, what front court do they really have without Bynum and Gasol? Chris Mihm? That dude has pretty much been a gimp all season. Ronny Turiaf? He tries to block every shot imaginable thus he gets himself into early fould trouble which doesn't make him worthy as a starter. DJ Mbenga? Like Ronny, he shows a lot of heart but he is very lacking in basketball iq. Kwame Brown? lol, that scrub lost us about 8 games this season. So you can't really blame Kobe for being just over .500 without Bynum and Gasol this year. The Lakers lack critical interior defense without those two key players.

M

Moves
14 Apr 08

About where the Lakers and Spurs rate offensively and defensively. According to basketball-reference.com as of Saturday:

The Lakers are 3rd in offense, 6th in defense, 6th in pace, and 2nd best in the league overall.

The Spurs are 15th in offense, 3rd in defense, 28th in pace, and 8th best in the league overall.

The Celtics are 10th in offense, 1st in defense, 19th in pace, and the best in the league overall.

The Hornets are 6th in offense, 5th in defense, 26th in pace, and 5th best in the league overall.

The Rockets are 16th in offense, 2nd in defense, 23rd in pace, and 6th best in the league overall.

Chris Paul leads the league in assists and steals. Kobe leads the league in points. KG has the best defensive rating.

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
About where the Lakers and Spurs rate offensively and defensively. According to basketball-reference.com as of Saturday:

The Lakers are 3rd in offense, 6th in defense, 6th in pace, and 2nd best in the league overall.

The Spurs are 15th in offense, 3rd in defense, 28th in pace, and 8th best in the league overall.

The Celtics are 10th in offense ...[text shortened]... ague in assists and steals. Kobe leads the league in points. KG has the best defensive rating.
LeBron leads the league in points NOT Kobe.

M

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
LeBron leads the league in points NOT Kobe.
LeBron leads the league in points per game, not points actually scored. Kobe has 2303 points while LeBron has 2223. Kobe's ppg would be higher if he had sat out a couple of games this season like LeBron has.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

"They're the best in the West at this point," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "Their rhythm is good, everybody knows their roles, they are playing confidently, defense looks very good. Heck of a team."

And there you have it straight from the Spurs coach himself. Now do you believe that the Lakers are the best in the west, they certainly must be if the coach of the team you claim to be the best is saying they are the best.
PFFT! What would you expect Popovich to say? That the Lakers stink?

I retain my opinion that as the playoffs are about to start the Spurs remain slight favorites. Injuries are part of the game, but Ginobili isn't so hurt that he won't play in the playoffs and his absence today certainly hurt the Spurs. The Lakers, Hornets and Suns are all strong threats as well, but I wouldn't read too much into the fact the Lakers will wind up with 1 or 2 more wins than the Spurs.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
14 Apr 08

Now where was that recipe for crow again? No1 marauder hates it when his crow is served to him incorrectly and he has to eat it in a manner not to his liking. I'll find it. You would think I would have it memorized by now, as many times as I have served it to him. LOL

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
14 Apr 08

Originally posted by shortcircuit
Now where was that recipe for crow again? No1 marauder hates it when his crow is served to him incorrectly and he has to eat it in a manner not to his liking. I'll find it. You would think I would have it memorized by now, as many times as I have served it to him. LOL
What exactly are you talking about? Your post is nonsense (as usual).

i
Big Cheese

Pacific NW

Moves
14 Apr 08

An opposing coach praising the competition? Is that so new to you that you actually take it literally? Praising the competition is as overused as such wonderful quotes like "I just decided to be aggressive" and "You know my teamates really deserve the credit".

Coaches long ago realized that saying anything but positive about the opposing team only meant that the quote would be posted in opposing team's locker room and be used as motivation. i.e. counter productive.

the fact that you failed to see this means either your are 1) new to sports 2) not smart 3) live in your own little fantasy world.

J

Moves
14 Apr 08

PFFT! What would you expect Popovich to say? That the Lakers stink?

I retain my opinion that as the playoffs are about to start the Spurs remain slight favorites. Injuries are part of the game, but Ginobili isn't so hurt that he won't play in the playoffs and his absence today certainly hurt the Spurs. The Lakers, Hornets and Suns are all ...[text shortened]... n't read too much into the fact the Lakers will wind up with 1 or 2 more wins than the Spurs.
As you said it doesn't matter if you win a game by 1 or 50 the same can be applied to records. It doesn't matter if you win the conference by 1 game or 20 games, you still won.