Nba mvp

Nba mvp

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
12 Apr 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Can't argue with that "logic".
Let's face it...you would argue with a stonewall. The only problem is your arguements are quite often wrong. It is your opinion and these are ours. The sports writers will decide whose eyes they see it through. Oh, and before you tell others to grow up, you should try it yourself.

J

Moves
12 Apr 08

Originally posted by 425lsu
KG isnt gonna win it. Its either going to be Kobe Bryant or Chris Paul
And who beat the Hornets tonight? KOBE'S LAKERS. Not to mention Kobe almost had a triple double with 29 pts, 10 reb, and 8 assists. Paul had a good game with 15 pts, 6 reb, and an impressive 17 assists. But I still think Kobe is the MVP.

Moves
12 Apr 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
And who beat the Hornets tonight? KOBE'S LAKERS. Not to mention Kobe almost had a triple double with 29 pts, 10 reb, and 8 assists. Paul had a good game with 15 pts, 6 reb, and an impressive 17 assists. But I still think Kobe is the MVP.
too bad CP3 was on the bench cause of foul trouble, and they still almost blew a 30 point lead, not very MVP qualities to me.

M

Moves
12 Apr 08
1 edit

You're ridiculous. Pierce, Rondo, Perkins AND Tony Allen were all on last year's terrible team. The Celtics weren't going to make the playoffs last year when Pierce was playing.

KG has turned around the team and made better players of all of them. Eddie House and James Posey are good role players, but neither would be considered anywhere nea That is why he, not Kobe (on a team the Celts thrashed twice) or Paul, deserves the MVP.
Yea of course Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, And Tony Allen were all on the Celtics last year, but Pierce is the only returning starter and both him and Tony Allen were both injured for half the season last year. I am not denying that KG hasn't had an important impact on the team, I just think it has been more than a one man show in Boston. If you are not going to give credit to any of Danny Ainge's key additions, atleast give some credit to what Pierce and Ray Ray have done for the team.

Anyways, it looks more and more like Kobe is going to win the MVP award this year.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
12 Apr 08
2 edits

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Yea of course Pierce, Rondo, Perkins, And Tony Allen were all on the Celtics last year, but Pierce is the only returning starter and both him and Tony Allen were both injured for half the season last year. I am not denying that KG hasn't had an important impact on the team, I just think it has been more than a one man show in Boston. If you are not go he team.

Anyways, it looks more and more like Kobe is going to win the MVP award this year.
I'll be very surprised if he finishes above 3rd and won't be terribly surprised if he finishes lower.

Your first paragraph is again ridiculous. I never claimed that Boston is a "one man show"; I claimed that the arrival of KG and his work habits and leadership turned the team around and made better players of all of them (well he couldn't do much for Brian Scalabrine). Paul Pierce has said the exact same thing repeatedly. The most revealing stat about the Celts this year is that they lead the league in team defense; an almost total reversal from last year. And guess who's odds on favorite to win the NBA Defensive Player of the Year Award?

EDIT: Here's an interesting opinion piece giving several salient facts (like the Lakers are only 11-10 without Bynum or Gasol) and concluding that Kobe doesn't deserve MVP. http://www.google.com/search?q=Kobe+and+MVP+voting&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYE

R

Moves
13 Apr 08
2 edits

I'll be very surprised if he finishes above 3rd and won't be terribly surprised if he finishes lower.

Your first paragraph is again ridiculous. I never claimed that Boston is a "one man show"; I claimed that the arrival of KG and his work habits and leadership turned the team around and made better players of all of them (well he couldn't do m d+MVP+voting&rls=com.microsoft:*:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GWYE
This is why i think Chris Paul will win, every play runs through Paul unlike Kobe and New Orleans would be lost without him. Also if your figuring in turn around seasons NO isn't a bad example either. Also Boston might not have the record they do if they were in the west.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 08

Originally posted by RandyFlagg
This is why i think Chris Paul will win, every play runs through Paul unlike Kobe and New Orleans would be lost without him. Also if your figuring in turn around seasons NO isn't a bad example either. Also Boston might not have the record they do if they were in the west.
Yes, the West is way too tough for the Celts. That's why they have a 25-5 record against Western teams.

I think it's likely Paul will win.

J

Moves
13 Apr 08

Yes, the West is way too tough for the Celts. That's why they have a 25-5 record against Western teams.

I think it's likely Paul will win.
Not when you lose back to back games this late in the season especially if you are the number one team in the west and give that up to another MVP candidates team and when one of those losses is to that team. Come on, it's one thing to lose to the Lakers, because they are good. But the KINGS, come on now, that's just uncalled for. Now my Lakers are number one team and hopefully they'll stay there.

Moves
13 Apr 08

Not when you lose back to back games this late in the season especially if you are the number one team in the west and give that up to another MVP candidates team and when one of those losses is to that team. Come on, it's one thing to lose to the Lakers, because they are good. But the KINGS, come on now, that's just uncalled for. Now my Lakers are number one team and hopefully they'll stay there.
It's not as bad as when the Lakers lost to the Grizzlies and Bobcats back to back AT HOME. NOt too long ago.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 08

Yeah, no good team could possibly lose to the Kings. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008030913

n
I Drank What? ©

I'm With Stupid

Moves
13 Apr 08

AI still has a backdoor shot.

Dave

J

Moves
13 Apr 08

Yeah, no good team could possibly lose to the Kings. http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/gameTrax?gameId=2008030913
At least it was earlier in the season. You cannot lose to a team like the Kings so LATE in the season, ESPECIALLY if you are the number one team in your conference and that will lose you the number one spot. It's not the fact that they lost to the Kings, it's the fact that they lost so late in the season to a crappy team.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 08
1 edit

At least it was earlier in the season. You cannot lose to a team like the Kings so LATE in the season, ESPECIALLY if you are the number one team in your conference and that will lose you the number one spot. It's not the fact that they lost to the Kings, it's the fact that they lost so late in the season to a crappy team.
Pathetic. It was a MONTH ago. And the Lakers were at home! Plus 4 days ago the Lakers lost to the TrailBlazers, who have only 2 more wins than the Kings. You're quite the "homer", aren't you?

J

Moves
13 Apr 08

Pathetic. It was a MONTH ago. And the Lakers were at home! Plus 4 days ago the Lakers lost to the TrailBlazers, who have only 2 more wins than the Kings. You're quite the "homer", aren't you?
Oh well, I'll give you that. I don't really care that the Lakers lose to crappy teams, cause everyone does and you can't win every game. But at leat the Lakers are getting it done now.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Apr 08

Oh well, I'll give you that. I don't really care that the Lakers lose to crappy teams, cause everyone does and you can't win every game. But at leat the Lakers are getting it done now.
Big game against the Spurs today. Win that and you'll in all probability wrap up the no#1 seed (still have to beat the "pathetic" [does a few games under .500 make you a "crappy" team] Kings). Lose and you could be as far back as 5th.