NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
26 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Laker "dynasty" got derailed for at least a couple more nights. The Spurs bounced back big time from the 30 point blow out and the game 1 fiasco. They still have to win game 4 to have a chance in this series and need another monster game from Duncan and Manu to nail the treys again.
Yeah which is possible but I don't know. I predicted Lakers in 6 and I"m sticking to that.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
26 May 08

After LA's downright terrible showing in SA i'm wondering if they can win there at all. We may just see this series go to game 7 and going either way. I'm not sure I like Boston over San Antonion as strange as that may seem.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
27 May 08
1 edit

Still one quarter to go, but not looking good for Boston in game 4.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
27 May 08

Apparently nobody is assigned to Mcdyess.

J

Moves
27 May 08

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Apparently nobody is assigned to Mcdyess.
yeah I hear he's having a huge game. Not actually watching it though.

J

Moves
27 May 08
1 edit

2 games to 1 isn't "even" last I checked. Detroit is in a "must win" situation tomorrow and getting routed at home isn't good for your team confidence. Of course, they are a very experienced playoff team and they'll be favored tomorrow, but being favored didn't prevent them from being spanked last night.
No but it did help them SPANK the Celts tonight! And I believe the series is quite literally EVEN now. Hahaha! I am going back to my original prediction and saying Pistons in 6.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
27 May 08

How ironic would it be if it ends up San Antonio vs Detroit.

J

Moves
27 May 08

How ironic would it be if it ends up San Antonio vs Detroit.
It could but I think the chances of that are not as high as a Lakers-Pistons matchup. I think both the Lakers and Pistons will win in 6.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
27 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
No but it did help them SPANK the Celts tonight! And I believe the series is quite literally EVEN now. Hahaha! I am going back to my original prediction and saying Pistons in 6.
No, being favored didn't help them win. Yes, the series is now even though it wasn't when you said it was. I doubt the Celts will lose 3 in a row though it's possible. For whatever reason, the Celts were dreadful on offense last night missing open shots and turning the ball over again and again. Now, their backs are against the wall and they've responded every time this year when they needed to win a big game. We shall see.

J

Moves
28 May 08

No, being favored didn't help them win. Yes, the series is now even though it wasn't when you said it was. I doubt the Celts will lose 3 in a row though it's possible. For whatever reason, the Celts were dreadful on offense last night missing open shots and turning the ball over again and again. Now, their backs are against the wall and they've responded every time this year when they needed to win a big game. We shall see.
And as I said you took what I said out of the context I was using it in. I meant it as in they were evenly matched teams, not that the series was even.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
28 May 08

LA now 3-1.

93-91 Final

J

Moves
28 May 08

LA now 3-1.

93-91 Final
1 more win away from the finals. The Lakers look unstoppable RIGHT now. They are 11-3 in the playoffs compared to the league best Celtics 10-8. And the Lakers have had to play MUCH TOUGHER teams than the Celts in the playoffs.

M

Moves
28 May 08

The refs blew three calls in the last min, but hey, I'll take the win. One mo' to the finals.

J

Moves
28 May 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
The refs blew three calls in the last min, but hey, I'll take the win. One mo' to the finals.
If your thinking one of those calls is the Brent Barry shot at the end of the game, that was not a foul. The reason it was a no call is because when Fisher jumped up, Barry didn't go into him like he should have. Instead he tried to go around and get a clear shot. Popovich and Duncan both said after the game that it was not a foul.

M

Moves
28 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
If your thinking one of those calls is the Brent Barry shot at the end of the game, that was not a foul. The reason it was a no call is because when Fisher jumped up, Barry didn't go into him like he should have. Instead he tried to go around and get a clear shot. Popovich and Duncan both said after the game that it was not a foul.
The refs never blow the whistle on the final possession, they don't want to decide who wins or loses the game. It would have been a foul at any other point in the game.