NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

J

Moves
14 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
It's amazing; 18 second round games and only 1 has been won by the road team and that by 1 point! Hope it reaches 18 out of 19.
Yeah I know, what's up with going on the road? Has this ever happened in NBA history? LOL What if every series from now on went to a best of 7 with Boston winning it all, that means Boston will have played 28 playoff games winning 16 of those games and I'm sure no team has ever done that. While they will win the championship, that is pretty horrible really. That would be 4 games above .500 in the playoffs. But I honestly think that Detroit should now be the favorite to win the east regardless of who wins the Celts-Cavs series.

Moves
14 May 08
1 edit

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Yeah I know, what's up with going on the road? Has this ever happened in NBA history? LOL What if every series from now on went to a best of 7 with Boston winning it all, that means Boston will have played 28 playoff games winning 16 of those games and I'm sure no team has ever done that. While they will win the championship, that is pretty horribl ...[text shortened]... troit should now be the favorite to win the east regardless of who wins the Celts-Cavs series.
Im pretty sure I saw something about this on ESPN yesterday, this si def. the first time it has gone to this extent .... Im pretty sure it said through 16 games so far it was 15-1 this year, and i think the closest to that was 10-6 for the home team, dont remember the year. Not completely sure, but ill look around for it.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
15 May 08

Yeah they really played GREAT tonight! 🙂 Hahaha geaux hornets!
They play in SA next.

J

Moves
15 May 08

Originally posted by slimjim
They play in SA next.
Doesn't matter they aren't going to win in New Orleans.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
15 May 08

Well 20 2nd round games and 19 home team wins as the Celts and Lakers both won by 7. Very strange.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
17 May 08

Well 20 2nd round games and 19 home team wins as the Celts and Lakers both won by 7. Very strange.
I agree. Really weird.

J

Moves
17 May 08

Originally posted by slimjim
I agree. Really weird.
And the Lakers go to the Conference Championships. YAY!!!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
17 May 08

And the Lakers go to the Conference Championships. YAY!!!
Congrats to the Lakers and kudos to the Jazz for a hard fought series. The Western Conference Finals should be a good one esp. if the Spurs win game 7 against the Hornets; the contrast in styles between LA and SA makes an intriguing matchup.

J

Moves
18 May 08

Congrats to the Lakers and kudos to the Jazz for a hard fought series. The Western Conference Finals should be a good one esp. if the Spurs win game 7 against the Hornets; the contrast in styles between LA and SA makes an intriguing matchup.
Yeah I know, and I agree. Utah deserves credit, they played very physical but they just didn't have an answer for Kobe Bryant.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
18 May 08

Celts and Cavs in game 7 in about an hour. I admit to being nervous no matter how dominate home teams have been. LeBron is one of the few players in the league who can completely take over a game even on the road (ask the 2007 Pistons).

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 May 08

Celts and Cavs in game 7 in about an hour. I admit to being nervous no matter how dominate home teams have been. LeBron is one of the few players in the league who can completely take over a game even on the road (ask the 2007 Pistons).
The Celts survive 45 by LeBron and nip the Cavs 97-92. Pierce was outstanding but some kudos are due P.J. Brown who made a big jumper and then a fine defensive play against James in the last minute. Next up the Pistons; can the Celtics keep winning 'em all at home and losing 'em all on the road?

J

Moves
19 May 08

The Celts survive 45 by LeBron and nip the Cavs 97-92. Pierce was outstanding but some kudos are due P.J. Brown who made a big jumper and then a fine defensive play against James in the last minute. Next up the Pistons; can the Celtics keep winning 'em all at home and losing 'em all on the road?
I sure hope not. LOL I want them to sweep Detroit, as I've said I want a Lakers-Celtics matchup. But what do you think about tomorrow's game, Hornets or Spurs?

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 May 08

Yeah they really played GREAT tonight! 🙂 Hahaha geaux hornets!
Man, I thought the Brits were bad.

"Go" does not need five letters, eskimo.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
19 May 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Man, I thought the Brits were bad.

"Go" does not need five letters, eskimo.
Esquimeaux?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 May 08

I sure hope not. LOL I want them to sweep Detroit, as I've said I want a Lakers-Celtics matchup. But what do you think about tomorrow's game, Hornets or Spurs?
I picked the Spurs to begin with and I'll stay with it; if the game is close you have to like the Spurs' experience. However, the Hornets have smoked them every game at home, so Duncan and Company are going to have to find a way to either defend Paul and West better or get their offense in gear. Still it's hard to go against Duncan and Co. in a game 7.