NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
21 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Hahaha why not? Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Chris Webber all agree that this Laker team has the potential to win 3 or 4 straight championships in the next 5 or 6 years. They all agree that the Lakers will be the best team and the team to beat.
Yeah they should know with all the championship the have between them.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 May 08

Hahaha I'm just saying and I've heard them say it more than once. I didn't say it was true I stated what they believe. Sure other teams can make great trades but as of right now the Lakers look to be the best team for the next 5 years or so assuming everyone stays healthy.
You're keeping the cart firmly before the horse. If the Spurs/Celtics/Pistons knock them off in the next few weeks, you and the dynamic duo are going to look pretty silly anointing them as a dynasty. And even if they win, it's no assurance of long term success; ask D. Wade.

J

Moves
22 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
You're keeping the cart firmly before the horse. If the Spurs/Celtics/Pistons knock them off in the next few weeks, you and the dynamic duo are going to look pretty silly anointing them as a dynasty. And even if they win, it's no assurance of long term success; ask D. Wade.
I never said they were a dynasty, you are now putting words in my mouth. I said they have POTENTIAL to be the best team for the next 5 years or so. Since when does saying they have POTENTIAL translate into they are a dynasty cause I"m a Laker fan?

M

Moves
22 May 08

I never said they were a dynasty, you are now putting words in my mouth. I said they have POTENTIAL to be the best team for the next 5 years or so. Since when does saying they have POTENTIAL translate into they are a dynasty cause I"m a Laker fan?
Yea to marauder, its already been established that he doesn't understand the English language. Anyways, god dang, this Lakers/Spurs series is going to be a good one! The Spurs should have won game 1, props to Kobe and also Sasha for his D on Manu. I think the Sasha/Manu match up is going to be very interesting as the series progresses, which player is going to out flop the other?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
22 May 08

You said:

right now the Lakers look to be the best team for the next 5 years or so assuming everyone stays healthy.

Being the best team for the next five years or so wouldn't be a dynasty?

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
23 May 08

Lakers lucked out winning game 1.

J

Moves
23 May 08

You said:

right now the [b]Lakers look to be the best team for the next 5 years or so
assuming everyone stays healthy.

Being the best team for the next five years or so wouldn't be a dynasty?[/b]
Your right cause alot of people wouldn't consider the Spurs a dynasty. They are the closest thing to a dynasty witht he Lakers behind them. But just assuming the Lakers win the next 5 championships, that would be what like 8 championships in 15 years?

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
23 May 08

You said:

right now the [b]Lakers look to be the best team for the next 5 years or so
assuming everyone stays healthy.

Being the best team for the next five years or so wouldn't be a dynasty?[/b]
I disagree. With the free agency deals nowadays if you can keep a team together for 5 years and they win it would be a dynasty. the days of the old Celtics/Lakers days are over. You couldn't keep a Bill Russell or Kareem on a club nowadays how they throw money around.

J

Moves
23 May 08

Originally posted by slimjim
Should you call it luck or was it greatness? Or perhaps it was both. I agree that the Spurs should've won that game. But you cannot take any credit away from Kobe. THAT IS THE REASON HE IS THE MVP. It's as if he can get hot at any time he wants. Am I biased, sure I am. But everyone here is biased in some way or another. no1marauder is biased towards the Celtics AND any team going against the Lakers. Do I care about that, no. He is entitled to his opinion as I am entitled to mine.

M

Moves
23 May 08

I disagree. With the free agency deals nowadays if you can keep a team together for 5 years and they win it would be a dynasty. the days of the old Celtics/Lakers days are over. You couldn't keep a Bill Russell or Kareem on a club nowadays how they throw money around.
Kobe has always been a Laker (that trade doesn't count) and Tim Duncan has always been a Spur. If the Lakers can keep their three core players, Kobe Odom Gasol, for 5 years, then I would say they have a pretty good chance to build a dynasty. But we all know crazy stuff happens in the Association, so nothing is guaranteed and it is sure as hell going to be a struggle to win this years championship.

M

Moves
23 May 08

Psh it was luck, but I'll take it and keep home court advantage.

M

Moves
23 May 08

lol

i
End Game

Los Angeles

Moves
23 May 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Kobe has always been a Laker (that trade doesn't count) and Tim Duncan has always been a Spur. If the Lakers can keep their three core players, Kobe Odom Gasol, for 5 years, then I would say they have a pretty good chance to build a dynasty. But we all know crazy stuff happens in the Association, so nothing is guaranteed and it is sure as hell going to be a struggle to win this years championship.
Don't forget about Bynum...that kid is the real deal.

As long as he can stay healthy----we're talking a front-running team
for dynasty.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.

M

Moves
23 May 08

Originally posted by inthegreenroom
Don't forget about Bynum...that kid is the real deal.

As long as he can stay healthy----we're talking a front-running team
for dynasty.

2008, 2009, 2010, 2011.
yea I know I just hope that knee heals

J

Moves
24 May 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
yea I know I just hope that knee heals
That surgery supposedly went REALLY WELL and he is expected to make a full recovery by training camp.