NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

M

Moves
24 May 08

two more games to the finals...

J

Moves
24 May 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
two more games to the finals...
I would love to see em sweep! 🙂

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
24 May 08

I see Lakers in 5. And if I were a betting man I'd put money on Detroit pushing game 7 to lose.

Finals, Boston in 6.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
24 May 08

Originally posted by zakkwylder
I see Lakers in 5. And if I were a betting man I'd put money on Detroit pushing game 7 to lose.

Finals, Boston in 6.
Celts need to win either tonight (preferably BIG TIME) or Monday; they'll be toast if they go down 3-1. They have to find a way to contain the Piston guards who ran wild on them in Game 2. Some scoring off the bench wouldn't hurt either.

Glory To GOD !

Jesus Is Lord !!

Moves
24 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
Celts need to win either tonight (preferably BIG TIME) or Monday; they'll be toast if they go down 3-1. They have to find a way to contain the Piston guards who ran wild on them in Game 2. Some scoring off the bench wouldn't hurt either.
LOST !!

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
25 May 08

Originally posted by oilman
LOST !!
It's only halftime... Detroit has a small chance.

P-

J

Moves
25 May 08

Originally posted by Phlabibit
It's only halftime... Detroit has a small chance.

P-
LOST!!! LOL

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 08

Originally posted by oilman
LOST !!
????????????

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 08

The Celts dominated the boards, outscored Detroit 34-20 in the paint and held the Piston guards to 13-37 from the field. An almost perfect game except for 15 turnovers.

A lot of the sportswriter "experts" had thrown dirt on the Celtics after the game 2 loss; they can't win on the road after all. Now all the pressure is on Billips and Co. Monday.

z
Mouth for war

Burlington, KY

Moves
25 May 08

Despite Boston's dominating performance, the "experts" are still agreeing there will be a game 7.

J

Moves
25 May 08

Originally posted by zakkwylder
Despite Boston's dominating performance, the "experts" are still agreeing there will be a game 7.
I agree that there will be a game 7. Since Detroit has already proven they can win in the Garden and likewise for Boston in the Palace, this series should be good and I think can go EITHER way. I originally thought Detroit would be the favorites but I think it is pretty even now.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
I agree that there will be a game 7. Since Detroit has already proven they can win in the Garden and likewise for Boston in the Palace, this series should be good and I think can go EITHER way. I originally thought Detroit would be the favorites but I think it is pretty even now.
2 games to 1 isn't "even" last I checked. Detroit is in a "must win" situation tomorrow and getting routed at home isn't good for your team confidence. Of course, they are a very experienced playoff team and they'll be favored tomorrow, but being favored didn't prevent them from being spanked last night.

J

Moves
26 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
2 games to 1 isn't "even" last I checked. Detroit is in a "must win" situation tomorrow and getting routed at home isn't good for your team confidence. Of course, they are a very experienced playoff team and they'll be favored tomorrow, but being favored didn't prevent them from being spanked last night.
I didn't mean even as in the series is even. I said I think they are pretty even meaning that I think they are evenly matched teams. Both have the capability to win this series.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
26 May 08

Spurs played well last night. At least they did'nt blow a 20 point lead like the first game.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
26 May 08

Originally posted by slimjim
Spurs played well last night. At least they did'nt blow a 20 point lead like the first game.
The Laker "dynasty" got derailed for at least a couple more nights. The Spurs bounced back big time from the 30 point blow out and the game 1 fiasco. They still have to win game 4 to have a chance in this series and need another monster game from Duncan and Manu to nail the treys again.