NBA Playoff Thread

NBA Playoff Thread

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
19 May 08

Originally posted by AThousandYoung
Man, I thought the Brits were bad.

"Go" does not need five letters, eskimo.
Whats wrong with geaux???? Guess you have to live down here to appreciate it?

M

Moves
20 May 08

Conference Finals Predictions:

Lakers over Spurs in 6

Celtics over Detroit in 7

Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals!

J

Moves
20 May 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
Conference Finals Predictions:

Lakers over Spurs in 6

Celtics over Detroit in 7

Lakers vs Celtics in the Finals!
Lakers over Spurs in 6!
Detroit over Boston in 6!
Lakers over Detroit in 7!

That is my prediction for the rest of the playoffs.

s
Death from Above

El Paso, TX

Moves
20 May 08

Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
Lakers over Spurs in 6!
Detroit over Boston in 6!
Lakers over Detroit in 7!

That is my prediction for the rest of the playoffs.
Spurs over Lakers in 5
Spurs over whichever Eastern Conference team wins in 6

Moves
20 May 08

Spurs ove lakers
Pistons over Celtics

Spurs over Pistons

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 May 08

The Pistons and Lakers are playing the best ball right now. BUT:

The Celts still have home court advantage. They beat the Pistons 2 out of 3 by dominating the boards and the paint, outrebounding Detroit by 10 per game and getting 17 more PPG inside. Neither team scores a lot on fast breaks or off turnovers, so unless Detroit's big men completely turn around the regular season stats I think the Celts win.

The Spurs won a big game 7 in New Orleans. But I think their time has run out. The Lakers are too quick and talented and the Spurs have a few too many players on the down side of their career. I think the Lakers will win, perhaps handily.

I went 3-1 in the 2nd round (which is "batting about .500" using Red Night's math) and 9-3 overall. I know I am biased towards the Celtics but their epic 7th game win over the Cavs must give them some momentum against a team they've showed they can handle. And Billups is still a question mark; the Pistons need him at 100% to have a chance to win this thing.

Celtics-Lakers in the finals, just like the good ole days.

i
End Game

Los Angeles

Moves
20 May 08

Originally posted by no1marauder
The Pistons and Lakers are playing the best ball right now. BUT:

The Celts still have home court advantage. They beat the Pistons 2 out of 3 by dominating the boards and the paint, outrebounding Detroit by 10 per game and getting 17 more PPG inside. Neither team scores a lot on fast breaks or off turnovers, so unless Detroit's big men complet ...[text shortened]... e to win this thing.

Celtics-Lakers in the finals, just like the good ole days.
Well said.

Home court advantage is HUGE...especially this year.

I think the Lakers will sweep the tired and aged Spurs.

And the Celtics will be swept as well.

This is the beginning of a Lakers 3-Peat.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
20 May 08

Originally posted by inthegreenroom
Well said.

Home court advantage is HUGE...especially this year.

I think the Lakers will sweep the tired and aged Spurs.

And the Celtics will be swept as well.

This is the beginning of a Lakers 3-Peat.
Not another one ................................

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

There could be a sweep, if the Celtics could learn to play the same game on a different floor.

P-

J

Moves
21 May 08

Not another one ................................
Hahaha why not? Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Chris Webber all agree that this Laker team has the potential to win 3 or 4 straight championships in the next 5 or 6 years. They all agree that the Lakers will be the best team and the team to beat.

Moves
21 May 08
1 edit

Hahaha why not? Charles Barkley, Kenny Smith, and Chris Webber all agree that this Laker team has the potential to win 3 or 4 straight championships in the next 5 or 6 years. They all agree that the Lakers will be the best team and the team to beat.
The NBA team of the future is in N.O. Bryant's happiness will not last, it never has. Give it time, if they dont win this year hell be bit*hing all over again.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
21 May 08
2 edits

I meant not another ridiculous Laker fan. First the Lakers have to win ONE championship. Even if they do, guessing what the Lakers and their rivals will look like by next year and two years from now is ridiculous. The Lakers had no chance of winning this year without the Gasol trade; who's to say that some other team can't make a deal just as effective in turning the tables? You guys are nuts.

Barkley, Smith and Webber change their minds about what team will be dominate every other week.

EDIT: You wouldn't bet based on Barkley's beliefs, would you? It didn't work for him.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
21 May 08

EDIT: You wouldn't bet based on Barkley's beliefs, would you? It didn't work for him.
Ha!

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
21 May 08

I meant not another ridiculous Laker fan. First the Lakers have to win ONE championship. Even if they do, guessing what the Lakers and their rivals will look like by next year and two years from now is ridiculous. The Lakers had no chance of winning this year without the Gasol trade; who's to say that some other team can't make a deal just as effective i ...[text shortened]... k.

Guess Charles should learn to "Bet like Mike"!!

J

Moves
21 May 08

I meant not another ridiculous Laker fan. First the Lakers have to win ONE championship. Even if they do, guessing what the Lakers and their rivals will look like by next year and two years from now is ridiculous. The Lakers had no chance of winning this year without the Gasol trade; who's to say that some other team can't make a deal just as effective i ...[text shortened]... k.

Hahaha I'm just saying and I've heard them say it more than once. I didn't say it was true I stated what they believe. Sure other teams can make great trades but as of right now the Lakers look to be the best team for the next 5 years or so assuming everyone stays healthy.