1. Joined
    10 Jun '08
    Moves
    10 Jun '08 23:40
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    LA is getting dominated out there. I'm willing to bet Boston takes this in 5.
    Yo,Zak I agree."They"said Lakers bench was stronger than the Celts.Baby Shoes!Lakers bench is Suger Hohey Ice Tea.Celts bench are out scoring those clowns 2 to 1,If not more.Celtics in 5.
    P.S.Would love to see some broom action!
  2. lazy boy derivative
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 00:45
    Great analysis. Here's mine - I HATE THE FRIGGING LAKERS!
  3. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 04:12
    Sasha who? VUJAJIC! Hell yeah I knew my Lakers would pull off the win.
  4. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 06:47
    uh oh...Kobe has figured out the Celtic D...
  5. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 13:13
    Ugly win for the Lakers but they needed the win and they got it.

Sasha definately saved them.

Pierce and Garnett were both horrible. I wouldn't expect that to continue.
  6. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 13:59
    Boston looked like they had zero energy. Players on the sidelines were doing a less than stellar job of cheering their team mates on. Boston needs to start matching the full court press LA has been doing to them all game for the past 3 games. Once again though, Kobe was a crybaby over obvious fouls.
  7. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 14:32
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    uh oh...Kobe has figured out the Celtic D...
    I wouldn't call the Lakers putting up a mere 87 points (less than in Game 1) "figuring out the Celtic D". Pierce had a miserable game and Garnett's shooting woes continue. But the pressure remains on the Lakers; they weren't far away from going down 3-0 and still have to win the next two games to have any realistic chance to win the series.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 19:06
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I wouldn't call the Lakers putting up a mere 87 points (less than in Game 1) "figuring out the Celtic D". Pierce had a miserable game and Garnett's shooting woes continue. But the pressure remains on the Lakers; they weren't far away from going down 3-0 and still have to win the next two games to have any realistic chance to win the series.
    Kobe making more than half his shots, attacking the rim, and getting to the charity stripe means that he is figuring out the Celtic D. Pierce had a miserable game because the refs finally blew the whistle on him, the Lakers stayed at home with him, and the Lakers limited their jump shots thus not giving the Celtics many fast break opportunities, which is where Pierce has gotten the majority of his points. And despite what the media has led us to believe, the series has been pretty close in every game. Game 1, the Lakers were one good quarter away from stealing the game; game 2, the Lakers were one stop away from tying the game; game 3, the Celtics were one good quarter away from stealing the game. Anyways, the Lakers have a chance to split the season series 4-4 capped off with a title.
  9. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 20:561 edit
    You only get 4 regulation quarters in the game whether good or bad. Saying this team or that team needed one good quarter away is like dieing and saying "geez I wish I'd had 5 more minutes". If they didn't produce with the quarters they're given then they failed, end of story.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    11 Jun '08 21:15
    Kobe making more than half his shots, attacking the rim, and getting to the charity stripe means that he is figuring out the Celtic D. Pierce had a miserable game because the refs finally blew the whistle on him, the Lakers stayed at home with him, and the Lakers limited their jump shots thus not giving the Celtics many fast break opportunities, which ...[text shortened]... game. Anyways, the Lakers have a chance to split the season series 4-4 capped off with a title.
    No, it means he had one good game out of 3 (though his foul shooting left something to be desired and he had only 1 assist). Pierce and Garnett missed their shots and the Celts as a whole shot just 35%. The Lakers weren't all that much better at 44% but it was (barely) enough. The Lakers and their fans can use the refs as an excuse for their losses all they want; it's expected of sore losers.

The Lakers have a remote chance to beat the Celtics 4 in a row. Don't bet your ducats on it.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 00:28
    Prediction time:

I think this game will be considerably higher scoring with both teams getting into triple digits; I don't expect both teams to shoot as poorly as they did in Game 3. Barring foul troubles, I think the Celts will go with their starters for more minutes - that's been a pattern in games they felt they had to win (though here the pressure is still more on the Lakers; however a 3-1 lead would be crushing + there is an extra day off so you'll see the regulars a lot). Kobe will play well, though he'll be trapped earlier more often - still expect 30 from him though he won't be dishing out assists in a must win game (over under 4); that's not his style. Someone off the Laker bench will have a very good game perhaps Walton who's been quiet so far. Gasol will play solid, but Odom will continue his disappearing act.

Pierce comes back big and drills 30; Garnett and Ray Allen scoring about 45 between them. The Celts win by 4 and the Lakers and their fans complain about the officiating (that's a sure bet).

I realize I'm sticking my neck out and people who don't predict anything can come in later and ridicule me if and when some of these predictions don't come true. So be it.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 04:27
    Well that was about the ugliest thing I have ever seen, one of the biggest choke jobs I have ever witnessed. But thats alright, the stage is set for an even bigger choke job...
  13. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 11:12
    Well that was about the ugliest thing I have ever seen, one of the biggest choke jobs I have ever witnessed. But thats alright, the stage is set for an even bigger choke job...
    I honestly can't believe what happened. I'm just glad I didn't give up and go to bed early last night even though now I'm completely tired. From a Celtic fan perspective it was one of the greatest games I've ever seen in my almost 30 years as a fan.

I expect that the Lakers will win the next one but who knows. I'm not making any predictions other than I will not be getting much sleep on Sunday night.
  14. Standard memberzakkwylder
    Mouth for war
    Burlington, KY
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 12:44
    Originally posted by Ullr
    From a Celtic fan perspective it was one of the greatest games I've ever seen in my almost 30 years as a fan.
    That was about the ugliest game I've ever seen. If Boston could have sucked more, the prostitution business would fold. They won on sheer dumb luck. As far as LA is concerned, blowing that lead against a team they've been out-defending(lol), and is injured is just downright embarrassing.
  15. Joined
    02 Feb '06
    Moves
    13 Jun '08 13:052 edits
    Originally posted by zakkwylder
    That was about the ugliest game I've ever seen. If Boston could have sucked more, the prostitution business would fold. They won on sheer dumb luck. As far as LA is concerned, blowing that lead against a team they've been out-defending(lol), and is injured is just downright embarrassing.
    Dumb luck my arse!! They won that game on sheer guts and determination and the fact that they started shooting lights out in the 3rd quarter.

I'll agree with you though that it was embarrasing for the Lakers. One thing I've learned from this series is that a team full of Euro-pussies doesn't have what it takes to win in crunch time in the NBA.

I actually feel bad for Kobe this morning. At first I thought it was poor leadership on his part to yell at his teamates back in Boston. Now I realize that he has every right to lay into them. He's getting almost no help whatsoever. Sasha making excuses after the game after he let Ray Allen waltz in for a layup in crunch time says it all.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree