1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 06:18
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's typical of immature people who have been proven wrong to resort to personal attacks. I guess the Spurs and the people who make up the All Star Ballot are equally "thick skulled" as they list Tim Duncan as a forward, the position he actually plays 90%+ of the time. You may "think" whatever you want, but that doesn't mean what you "think" isn't wrong - as it is in this case.
    How about the 2007 All Star Team:

F - KG
    F - Tim Duncan
    C - Yao Ming
    G - Kobe
    G - T-Mac

The All Star rosters are made to optimize the amount of talent that can be used at one time. We all know that KG isn't a SF, both Duncan and Yao can play C, and T-Mac isn't a PG. They have everybody playing out of position so that the fans will be able to see their dream team. Look, as long as Yao and Duncan are both in the Western Conference, Yao is going to be the C for the all-star team and Duncan is going to be the PF. Duncan is the more versatile player so he is perfectly at home in that position. Before Yao, Shaq was the starting center. The only way I see Duncan playing Center in the all star game is if him and Boozer are both the starters. Anyways, your all star point is completely moot.
  2. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 06:25
    It's true that Odom missed a 3 pointer with 14 seconds left, but that's too much time to call it a "game winner"; even if he had made it (he's not a great 3 point shooter though he had just made a big one) the Jazz would have had a lot of time to set up a play (something they didn't have in the actual finish).

In OT, Kobe took every Laker shot but one until there was less than a minute left.
    Here is 82games.com's definition of a game winner:

Game Winning Shot Opportunity = 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.

Why do you keep bringing up OT? I already offered my evaluation of it. Maybe you actually are a senile old man and you suffer from memory loss. In that case, I will act like a mature adult and not expose your handicap every time it presents itself. Its not right to emotionally abuse the elderly.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 May '08 06:50
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    Here is 82games.com's definition of a game winner:

Game Winning Shot Opportunity = 24 seconds or less left in the game, team with the ball is either tied or down by 1 to 2 points.

Why do you keep bringing up OT? I already offered my evaluation of it. Maybe you actually are a senile old man and you suffer from memory loss. In that case, I will a ...[text shortened]... e your handicap every time it presents itself. Its not right to emotionally abuse the elderly.
    Your mother, assuming she had time in between tricks, should have taught you better manners.
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 May '08 06:53
    How about the 2007 All Star Team:

F - KG
    F - Tim Duncan
    C - Yao Ming
    G - Kobe
    G - T-Mac

The All Star rosters are made to optimize the amount of talent that can be used at one time. We all know that KG isn't a SF, both Duncan and Yao can play C, and T-Mac isn't a PG. They have everybody playing out of position so that the fans will be able to ...[text shortened]... is if him and Boozer are both the starters. Anyways, your all star point is completely moot.
    The voting is divided into three categories: Center, Forward, Guard. KG is a forward and McGreedy is a guard.
  5. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 07:44
    The voting is divided into three categories: Center, Forward, Guard. KG is a forward and McGreedy is a guard.
    T-Mac was a small forward in 2006 to make room for Nash and Kobe. MJ was moved to small forward in 2002 to make room for Iverson and Kidd, and again in 2003 so T-Mac and AI could play with him. Vince Carter was a small forward in 2004 so he could start with T-Mac and AI. The 2005 roster had Lebron at SG so that Vince Carter and Grant Hill could both start. So you see that you can't define a player's position based on how they are placed in the all star game or ballot. My argument still holds and your point is still moot.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    12 May '08 09:264 edits
    T-Mac was a small forward in 2006 to make room for Nash and Kobe. MJ was moved to small forward in 2002 to make room for Iverson and Kidd, and again in 2003 so T-Mac and AI could play with him. Vince Carter was a small forward in 2004 so he could start with T-Mac and AI. The 2005 roster had Lebron at SG so that Vince Carter and Grant Hill could both placed in the all star game or ballot. My argument still holds and your point is still moot.
    Wrong again. On the 2005-06 Rockets, T-Mac played forward and Alston and Wesley were the starting guards. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2006.html That's why McGreedy was listed as a forward on the All-Star ballot.

MJ was elected as a guard in 2002 and wasn't elected in 2003 when he finished 3rd in the voting for guards. http://www.nba.com/allstar2003/all_star_vote_final_2003_030123.html

I could go on, but that should be enough to show that your argument is worthless.
  7. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 16:47
    What game did you watch? The "last possession in regulation" was Derek Fisher blocking D. Williams' jumper - how exactly did Kobe contribute to that? The Lakers tied it when Kobe brilliantly missed a shot and Odom got the rebound and put back, presumably EXACTLY as Kobe had planned. Kobe was too busy gunning in the OT to make any non-scoring contribution ...[text shortened]... e a 6-6 player to a 6-1 one in comparison to their ratio of shots being blocked is laughable.
    So I give the Jazz props. They are making this series interesting and scary for me but I feel my Lakers can still pull it out. I do think the Jazz are doing the same thing to Kobe that Boston is doing to Lebron but the difference is Kobe is still scoring. I have no excuses for the Lakers losing the last 2 but I give the Jazz credit for playing great ball in both games.
  8. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 19:46
    Wrong again. On the 2005-06 Rockets, T-Mac played forward and Alston and Wesley were the starting guards. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/HOU/2006.html That's why McGreedy was listed as a forward on the All-Star ballot.

MJ was elected as a guard in 2002 and wasn't elected in 2003 when he finished 3rd in the voting for guards. htt ...[text shortened]...

I could go on, but that should be enough to show that your argument is worthless.
    Hmm, then explain this:

Using your methodology, during the 2004-05 season, LeBron James was listed as a Forward according to basketball reference dot com. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2005.html

Yet on the 2005 All-Star Ballot, LeBron was listed as a Guard. http://www.nba.com/allstar2005/allstar_game/starters_050203.html#results

What is the reason for this discrepancy?
  9. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 May '08 20:35
    Hmm, then explain this:

Using your methodology, during the 2004-05 season, LeBron James was listed as a Forward according to basketball reference dot com. http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/CLE/2005.html

Yet on the 2005 All-Star Ballot, LeBron was listed as a Guard. http://www.nba.com/allstar2005/allstar_game/starters_050203.html#results

Moneyman we've agreed on just about everything so far. And yes players can be moved around to play certain positions, but I do know for a fact and do agree with no1marauder here. Duncan has always been a Power Forward, he may have played center sometimes but he is predominantly a PF.
  10. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 00:46
    Originally posted by JohnLennonForever
    Moneyman we've agreed on just about everything so far. And yes players can be moved around to play certain positions, but I do know for a fact and do agree with no1marauder here. Duncan has always been a Power Forward, he may have played center sometimes but he is predominantly a PF.
    He is both, a Forward/Center. You can't say that he is one or the other, its not that black and white.
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '08 00:59
    He is both, a Forward/Center. You can't say that he is one or the other, its not that black and white.
    He plays Power Forward over 90% of the time and ALWAYS has. Admit you're wrong and get it over with.
  12. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 02:04
    He plays Power Forward over 90% of the time and ALWAYS has. Admit you're wrong and get it over with.
    Hmm, then explain this:

13. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 02:53
    LeBron James loves Game 5's, big games coming up on Wednesday.
  14. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 03:21
    From this point on I'm not arguing. I'll simply put my input in on whatever is being said at hand instead of mentioning the Lakers or trying to rebuttle a player by mentioning a Laker. As I've already done before no1marauder, I apologize for any wrongdoing. We've both been wrong at times, we just refuse to admit it. Handshake.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '08 12:311 edit
    Hmm, then explain this:

Because he was a Guard. Gooden started 80 games and Newble 69 at Forward. The reason for the discrepancy is that basketball-reference got it wrong when they stuck an "F" in the position area.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree