1. Joined
    27 Dec '06
    Moves
    13 May '08 18:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Because he was a Guard. Gooden started 80 games and Newble 69 at Forward. The reason for the discrepancy is that basketball-reference got it wrong when they stuck an "F" in the position area.
    What a bunch of bs. If anything, Newble started in the traditional two spot, but Lebron played "Point Forward" which you probably have no concept of. Here is what 82games dot com thought were the different Cavalier line ups for that particular season: http://www.82games.com/0405CLE2.HTM

Notice how Lebron monopolized the three spot that entire season. Now take a look at the Spurs' different line ups from this year's regular season and tell me what you think: http://www.82games.com/0708/0708SAS2.HTM
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '08 20:524 edits
    Originally posted by MoneyManMike
    What a bunch of bs. If anything, Newble started in the traditional two spot, but Lebron played "Point Forward" which you probably have no concept of. Here is what 82games dot com thought were the different Cavalier line ups for that particular season: http://www.82games.com/0405CLE2.HTM

Notice how Lebron monopolized the three spot that entire seas year's regular season and tell me what you think: http://www.82games.com/0708/0708SAS2.HTM
    Larry Bird pretty much invented point forward, so I have some concept of it. LeBron didn't play it in 2004-05.

If they are saying LeBron was a forward and Newble was a guard, they are wrong. Newble was a forward his entire career. If they are saying Duncan is SA's center 100% of the time, they are laughably wrong.

One hundred twenty players – 60 each from the Eastern and Western conferences – are listed on the NBA All-Star ballot, with 24 guards, 24 forwards and 12 centers from each conference comprising the list. Voters select two guards, two forwards and one center from each conference.The 120 players on the ballot were selected by a panel of media experts who regularly cover the NBA.

http://www.insidehoops.com/all-star-ballot.shtml

So much for your argument that players are shifted around on the ballot so certain ones can play with somebody else.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '08 21:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Larry Bird pretty much invented point forward, so I have some concept of it. LeBron didn't play it in 2004-05.

If they are saying LeBron was a forward and Newble was a guard, they are wrong. Newble was a forward his entire career. If they are saying Duncan is SA's center 100% of the time, they are laughably wrong.

One hundred t ...[text shortened]... ent that players are shifted around on the ballot so certain ones can play with somebody else.
    The NBA manipulates the ballot because there are not enough centers.
    For one of the many discussion of this see:
    sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080412-13 - 99k
  4. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    13 May '08 22:15
    Spurs should have the momentum and should sent those upstart Hornets to the golf courses.
  5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    13 May '08 22:31
    Originally posted by myteamtrulystinks
    The NBA manipulates the ballot because there are not enough centers.
    For one of the many discussion of this see:
    sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-080412-13 - 99k
    The link doesn't work.
  6. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    13 May '08 23:13
    Originally posted by slimjim
    Spurs should have the momentum and should sent those upstart Hornets to the golf courses.
    And what about when the HOrnets won the first two games by 19 and 18 points????

Were at home now, totally different.
  7. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    13 May '08 23:18
    And if youd like soemthing to read I just found this on ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/columns/story?columnist=hollinger_john&page=SpursHornets_080513

Enjoy : )
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '08 01:441 edit
    Here is a better site explaining that duncan was moved and the obvious explanation (he plays the position is not given)
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3122850
  9. Standard memberslimjim
    Death from Above
    El Paso, TX
    Moves
    14 May '08 02:44
    Originally posted by 425lsu
    And what about when the HOrnets won the first two games by 19 and 18 points????

Were at home now, totally different.
    Because the Spurs are the Champs. They've been in preassure situations. Besides Eva longoria told Tony he would be cut off if they lose. Is that enough incentive for you.😉
  10. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '08 04:52
    Because the Spurs are the Champs. They've been in preassure situations. Besides Eva longoria told Tony he would be cut off if they lose. Is that enough incentive for you.😉
    Yeah they really played GREAT tonight! 🙂 Hahaha geaux hornets!
  11. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    14 May '08 05:03
    Guess Tony is being cut off then. Or was the 22 point blow out tonight not enough?
  12. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '08 05:12
    Guess Tony is being cut off then. Or was the 22 point blow out tonight not enough?
    I dont' know but I created a thread which didn't get any attention, but is anyone here doing the Drive to the Finals fantasy game on nba.com? If so let me know how you are doing, I picked LeBron last night and David West tonight so I got 97 points in 2 games. I am liking this. I should move into the top thousand tomorrow or at least I hope. LOL
  13. Joined
    25 Mar '08
    Moves
    14 May '08 05:26
    Nah, I didnt do it. I forgot about it so once i missed the first game i told myself why bother.
  14. Joined
    26 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 May '08 11:29
    Nah, I didnt do it. I forgot about it so once i missed the first game i told myself why bother.
    I missed the first 2 games and I'm still ranked 891 today. So missing one game or even 2 doesn't make as much of a difference if you make your picks right. But if I had been able to use those first 2 picks, then I would certainly be right up there with the leaders. I have Odom tonight, Ginobili tomorrow and Deron Williams the next night.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    14 May '08 13:26
    It's amazing; 18 second round games and only 1 has been won by the road team and that by 1 point! Hope it reaches 18 out of 19.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree