NHL - the season long review

NHL - the season long review

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
25 Mar 08

Well, coming down the stretch. Is your team going to make the playoffs?

Flyers have seemed to come back from being on another planet. I can't believe the turnarounds in the standing in the East all season. Its flip-flopped a few times.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Mar 08

Originally posted by PocketKings
Well, coming down the stretch. Is your team going to make the playoffs?

Flyers have seemed to come back from being on another planet. I can't believe the turnarounds in the standing in the East all season. Its flip-flopped a few times.
Les Canadiens are flying. Went to their game last week against the Islanders. Smoke Show!

I still think Montreal is a year away from being a great team but they could do some damage in these playoffs.

Next year though, if they sign a good defenseman and a goal scoring foward...watch out!

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
26 Mar 08

Originally posted by uzless
Les Canadiens are flying. Went to their game last week against the Islanders. Smoke Show!

I still think Montreal is a year away from being a great team but they could do some damage in these playoffs.

Next year though, if they sign a good defenseman and a goal scoring foward...watch out!
1st place in the East has been a rotating door this year. Any of the teams in the top 8 could win it. Just depends on who gets hot at the right time.

And honestly, they are all very close to being elite teams, 1 or 2 years, or 1 or 2 moves away. May the best GM win (Holmgrem) 😀

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Mar 08

. Just depends on who gets hot at the right time.

The right time is right now!

M

Moves
27 Mar 08

hey y'all, I haven't really payed attention to the NHL this year, but what is up with the Aves getting Peter Forsberg, Scott Parker, and Adam Foote all back? Does this mean that Patrick Roy is going to come out of retirement?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
27 Mar 08

Originally posted by MoneyManMike
hey y'all, I haven't really payed attention to the NHL this year, but what is up with the Aves getting Peter Forsberg, Scott Parker, and Adam Foote all back? Does this mean that Patrick Roy is going to come out of retirement?
Forsberg has all of 2 points since his return, so you can keep him lol. I can't believe I wanted the Flyers to get him back so bad.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Mar 08

Look at what they did in '93, how many overtime games was it that they won in those play offs ? I sure didn't expect them to go all the way that year !!!

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
28 Mar 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Very Rusty
Look at what they did in '93, how many overtime games was it that they won in those play offs ? I sure didn't expect them to go all the way that year !!!
I'm not saying they can't win it, just that it's unlikely. I think San Jose will take it the way they are playing right now.

MTL has too many rookies with zero playoff experience. I think they'll win a couple of rounds, get the feel for it, pick up a few free agents in the off season, and then sweep the cup next year.

They are fast as hell, good passers, play defense well, score tonnes of goals, and Carey Price should be a great goalie next year.

I feel like a leaf fan.....we're gonna win the cup baby!

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
28 Mar 08
1 edit

I just looked back at page one of the thread, where Darv said the Flyers will blow and the Leafs will win the cup, which of course was recced by the useless one. All I can say to that is....

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😛

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
28 Mar 08

I just looked back at page one of the thread, where Darv said the Flyers will blow and the Leafs will win the cup, which of course was recced by the useless one. All I can say to that is....

LEAFS SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

😛
Maybe you should re-read that first page. I ain't no leaf fan.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
28 Mar 08

Maybe you should re-read that first page. I ain't no leaf fan.
Well, somebody recced it, thought it was you. Congratulations on your not being a leaf fan.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
28 Mar 08

The Leafs are now mathmatically out of the playoff I think. It has been a long time since 1967.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
28 Mar 08

Well, somebody recced it, thought it was you. Congratulations on your not being a leaf fan.
Ole, ole ole ole...Ole........Ole!

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
03 Apr 08

Flyers are letting me down :'(

z

Moves
03 Apr 08

My Wild have a big game against Calagary tonight. Win gives them the division! That would also mean that they won't be playing the Ducks in the first round this year.