rooney and the FA

rooney and the FA

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
06 Apr 11

Originally posted by phil3000
I can assure you one thing Ragga's ,the PC brigade can go to hell for me !!
The PC brigade often bring up the "role model to kids" argument. Your opinion sounded exactly like a PC one, sorry for being mistaken.

So would you be in support of John Terry being banned for 2 games for clearly being heard saying "Effing Hell" to the linesman during the game tonight?

D

s

6yd box

Moves
07 Apr 11

Man Yoo on the verge of winning a cup or two and the usual SKY Sport watching man Yoo fans are back on here!

In your face

Moves
08 Apr 11

Originally posted by spurs73
Man Yoo on the verge of winning a cup or two and the usual SKY Sport watching man Yoo fans are back on here!
Noooooooooo. Just joining in because you've not been round here for a while. Thought the coast was clear. Apparently not. I'll make myself scarce again. Have a good life. Byeeeeeeeeee.

Moves
08 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Ragnorak
What is it with the PC brigage, that they think footballers want to be role models to young kids?
The problem isn't that they want to be, the problem is that they, like it or not, are.

Actually, the more important problem is that you lazy Limey parents let your children take footballers, reality tv stars and one-day pop wonders for role models, instead of providing a positive one yourself, but that's a much larger issue and not one which provides snappy headlines that make Daily Hate readers feel good about themselves.

Richard

Moves
08 Apr 11

Originally posted by Shallow Blue
The problem isn't that they want to be, the problem is that they, like it or not, are.

Actually, the more important problem is that you lazy Limey parents let your children take footballers, reality tv stars and one-day pop wonders for role models, instead of providing a positive one yourself, but that's a much larger issue and not one ...[text shortened]... provides snappy headlines that make Daily Hate readers feel good about themselves.

Richard
😵

For RHP addons...

tinyurl.com/yssp6g

Moves
08 Apr 11

Actually, the more important problem is that you lazy Limey parents let your children take footballers, reality tv stars and one-day pop wonders for role models, instead of providing a positive one yourself, but that's a much larger issue and not one which provides snappy headlines that make Daily Hate readers feel good about themselves.

Richard
Geographically inept, stereotype-driven bigotry noted.

What is it with you Krauts that you always have to remind us how inferior the rest of the world is to you?

D

p

Moves
08 Apr 11

The PC brigade often bring up the "role model to kids" argument. Your opinion sounded exactly like a PC one, sorry for being mistaken.

So would you be in support of John Terry being banned for 2 games for clearly being heard saying "Effing Hell" to the linesman during the game tonight?

D
The Rooney thing ,swearing in to a camera seemed pre-meditated .
It's cost hin £600,000 a year from his coca -cola sponsers dropping him ! ,maybe he will learn the hard way through his pocket ,after all ,money seems to be the modern footballers god nowadays ..
I would'nt ban Terry ,but if anyone goes direct to a camera and swears like Rooney did , they deserve what they get !!!

Moves
08 Apr 11

The Rooney thing ,swearing in to a camera seemed pre-meditated .
It's cost hin £600,000 a year from his coca -cola sponsers dropping him ! ,maybe he will learn the hard way through his pocket ,after all ,money seems to be the modern footballers god nowadays ..
I would'nt ban Terry ,but if anyone goes direct to a camera and swears like Rooney did , they deserve what they get !!!
i'm a utd fan as most know here and at first i thought the ban was harsh, for the reasons that most footballers swear at some point during the game and it's often seen/heard on tv but not directed at the cameras. i'm still not sure if a 2 game ban was the right punishment but definitely a fine for the sole reason that it was clearly directed at the cameras for eveyone to hear and to be in the papers the next day. i personlly don't care if anyone swears on tv, or if they look like a t**t while doing it but 2 games ban? i don't know.

st johnstone

Moves
08 Apr 11

Originally posted by trev33
i'm a utd fan as most know here and at first i thought the ban was harsh, for the reasons that most footballers swear at some point during the game and it's often seen/heard on tv but not directed at the cameras. i'm still not sure if a 2 game ban was the right punishment but definitely a fine for the sole reason that it was clearly directed at the cameras fo ...[text shortened]... one swears on tv, or if they look like a t**t while doing it but 2 games ban? i don't know.
no way he should get a ban, or john terry the only one who deserves a ban is torres, for that pathetic dive and pretending to be a footballer. £50m the fraud sqaud should be called in.

p

Moves
09 Apr 11
1 edit

Originally posted by roma45
no way he should get a ban, or john terry the only one who deserves a ban is torres, for that pathetic dive and pretending to be a footballer. £50m the fraud sqaud should be called in.
When i was a kid playing football in the school yard , we used to pretend we were famous players ( i was George Best ,and to young to drink :'( ) .
i imagine the young kids now ,"it's Rooney on the ball " (kid loses the ball and runs to an imagiary camera ) "you f@*ing c*&t, f$£k you " Thats why i think he should of been sent off 😵

Moves
09 Apr 11

Geographically inept, stereotype-driven bigotry noted.

What is it with you Krauts that you always have to remind us how inferior the rest of the world is to you?
Oh, so you are not a Limey, you're a spud-eater.

Well, in that case, what the devil do you care what some Sasanach ball-kicker does? Go watch a real sport instead, like camogie, and leave the fretting about granny-botherers to your Eastern neighbours.

Richard

rc

Moves
09 Apr 11

Actually, the more important problem is that you lazy Limey parents let your children take footballers, reality tv stars and one-day pop wonders for role models, instead of providing a positive one yourself, but that's a much larger issue and not one ...[text shortened]... provides snappy headlines that make Daily Hate readers feel good about themselves.

Richard
I find it a constant battle to prove that i am equally as cool as Jeff Hardy, but i am winning the battle, cause i can play the guitar and draw stuff.

rc

Moves
09 Apr 11

When i was a kid playing football in the school yard , we used to pretend we were famous players ( i was George Best ,and to young to drink :'( ) .
i imagine the young kids now ,"it's Rooney on the ball " (kid loses the ball and runs to an imagiary camera ) "you f@*ing c*&t, f$£k you " Thats why i think he should of been sent off 😵
strange i was Maradona, legend and Scottish folk hero!

p

Moves
09 Apr 11

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
strange i was Maradona, legend and Scottish folk hero!
I didn't have you down as a short arse ,cocaine snorting fat little cheat , but if thats the calibre of Scottish folk hero's nowadays good luck to you ,i think you might need it !!!

rc

Moves
09 Apr 11

I didn't have you down as a short arse ,cocaine snorting fat little cheat , but if thats the calibre of Scottish folk hero's nowadays good luck to you ,i think you might need it !!!
ohhh thats bitter, as Deigo himself stated, the old Angles cheated themselves during
the 1966 world cup final, but hey, its alright for you. Say what you like about him, he
was the greatest evah, nobody comes close!