Seahawks will win NFC west

Seahawks will win NFC west

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12
1 edit

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Well, the fact that it's not his rookie year might be a factor as well.

Just sayin....
Who? Russel wilson? He is definitely a rookie.... We took him in the third round of the draft number 75 overall, prior to the start of this year. Are you claiming he was in the NFL before this years draft?

The seahawks weren't good last year they were 7-9 playing in a weak conference. The Colts have been playing a much easier schedule this year and the seahawks have a much better record vs common opponents. Luck also just doesn't have the stats RGIII and Wilson have. Remember, its rookie of the year not mvp. Luck shouldn't even be third if the votes were tallied today but people like a great story. What if the colts go 9-7 and the Seahawks go 11-5? Its still too early to say.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by tomtom232
Who? Russel wilson? He is definitely a rookie.... We took him in the third round of the draft number 75 overall, prior to the start of this year. Are you claiming he was in the NFL before this years draft?

The seahawks weren't good last year they were 7-9 playing in a weak conference. The Colts have been playing a much easier schedule this year and the ...[text shortened]... a great story. What if the colts go 9-7 and the Seahawks go 11-5? Its still too early to say.
RG III will win ROY. By a landslide. His numbers are just too good.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by no1marauder
Even if they beat the 9ers. Still thy can't win it. Because the 9ers will beat the cards the last week.

U

Moves
19 Dec 12

You were discussing deep passes and claimed "Alex Smith rarely even attempts those passes". In truth, he tries those passes about as much as CK. It does seem that the SF passing game with CK throws more 11-20 pass plays by a small factor. ESPN still hasn't updated the splits, but AS threw 74.2% of his passes under 10 yards and CK 69.0%.

...[text shortened]... threw about the same percentage of passes over 15 yards as Drew Brees did. Is that a problem?
And I suppose it all depends on what you consider deep. For the passes over 20 yards (rare of all QB's) he has in the past about as often, except the Patriots game will greatly increase Kaepernick's total.

Still, Kaepernick has thrown 15-20 yard passes way more often than Smith, which can definitely stretch the defense.

U

Moves
19 Dec 12

The seahawks weren't good last year they were 7-9 playing in a weak conference. The Colts have been playing a much easier schedule this year and the ...[text shortened]... a great story. What if the colts go 9-7 and the Seahawks go 11-5? Its still too early to say.
I thought you were talking about Kaepernick.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
And I suppose it all depends on what you consider deep. For the passes over 20 yards (rare of all QB's) he has in the past about as often, except the Patriots game will greatly increase Kaepernick's total.

Still, Kaepernick has thrown 15-20 yard passes way more often than Smith, which can definitely stretch the defense.
NO one considers a 15 yard pass "deep". You want to now because its the only way to save your claim.

I'm sure a 17 yard pass "stretches" the defense far more than a 14 yard one.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12

Their stats are comparable. Two good games by Wilson while RGIII sits out and their averages could be almost dead even. Having said that I still think you're right.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by RBHILL
Even if they beat the 9ers. Still thy can't win it. Because the 9ers will beat the cards the last week.
That's a big assumption. The 49ers were supposed to beat the Rams as well.

master of disaster

funny farm

Moves
19 Dec 12

I am not so sure about that. Washington had many more pieces than Indy did.
No one thought Luck could carry that team the way he has into the playoffs.
RGIII may, or may not, get Washington into the playoffs.

My vote would be for Luck for these reasons.
And, Luck's numbers are pretty good too.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12
2 edits

Originally posted by shortcircuit
I am not so sure about that. Washington had many more pieces than Indy did.
No one thought Luck could carry that team the way he has into the playoffs.
RGIII may, or may not, get Washington into the playoffs.

My vote would be for Luck for these reasons.
And, Luck's numbers are pretty good too.
The only team with a winning record they won against was GB. They lost to Jacksonville and got blown out by the jets, bears, and patriots. The texans manhandled them as well.

You might also consider that the weapons he and griffin have at wideout are considerably better than the seahawks whose number one reciever would be a number two at best on any other team with a winning record.

Also, have you looked at Lucks numbers or are you just spouting the drivel you hear on the magic box?

His numbers suck. He is the 31st ranked QB in the league... Even Tannehill has better stats. He has thrown more picks than Brandon Weeden and his completion % is at a mere 54 points.

One more thing... The Colts haven't clinched a playoff spot quite yet.

rc

Moves
19 Dec 12
1 edit

The only team with a winning record they won against was GB. They lost to Jacksonville and got blown out by the jets, bears, and patriots. The texans manhandled them as well.

You might also consider that the weapons he and griffin have at wideout are considerably better than the seahawks whose number one reciever would be a number two at best on any oth ...[text shortened]... at a mere 54 points.

One more thing... The Colts haven't clinched a playoff spot quite yet.
I have a question. Is it mandatory to wear a crash helmet? It appears to me that a
quarterback would have a much broader field of vision if he were allowed to play
without a helmet for it must be quite restrictive i imagine playing with one.

t

Moves
19 Dec 12

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
I have a question. Is it mandatory to wear a crash helmet? It appears to me that a
quarterback would have a much broader field of vision if he were allowed to play
without a helmet for it must be quite restrictive i imagine playing with one.
Definitely required. The NFL is much more explosive physically than rugby. Its not even an argument... Sure there are really tough extremely fit guys in rugby but its more of an endurance sport compared to american football.

rc

Moves
19 Dec 12

Definitely required. The NFL is much more explosive physically than rugby. Its not even an argument... Sure there are really tough extremely fit guys in rugby but its more of an endurance sport compared to american football.
on the contrary, you guys are pansies, thats why you wear padding and helmets. I
suspect that American football, which is essentially a bastardisation of rugby was
originally played without helmets, but trash talk aside, it simply occurred to me that a
quarter backs vision must be impaired because of a helmet, is it not the case?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
19 Dec 12
1 edit

Their stats are comparable. Two good games by Wilson while RGIII sits out and their averages could be almost dead even. Having said that I still think you're right.
I suppose if RG III sits out the last two games, Wilson might approach his numbers. But right now, Griffin is the 2nd ranked QB in the league with 18 passing and 6 rushing TDs and only 4 INTs. Plus he has ran for more than 300 more yards than Wilson. Wilson has good numbers but they aren't "comparable" to RG IIIs.

d

Moves
19 Dec 12

You're missing the point, here. The seahawks might win 11 games this year. That's four more then last year. The colts have already won 7 more games than they did last year and their defense is lousy.