1. Joined
    27 Dec '05
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 22:33
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    Someday, lad, someday. For now the telly is alls one can do. POsters should put the set on mute if noise is too distracting!
    I can see from you r "slang" you are not American ...buckoo
  2. Joined
    09 Jun '04
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 22:35
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Ha! Brilliant. Well spotted.
  3. Russ's Pocket
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:00
    My wife watched a game wit me and asked "Whats that awful noise?" I guess that about as an unbiased opinion I could hope for. My kids want some, to each hz own.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:08
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Does it wreck havoc on television coverage? I think they are an annoying distraction and ruin the game as seen on the tv.
    I like the sound, not sure why but it just seems to fit.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 Jun '10 23:43
    Originally posted by cheshirecatstevens
    Are you my neighbor?
    I dunno. My voice IS pretty loud😀

Every now and then upstairs comes down and tells me to turn it down,(some people just dont get sport)😉
  6. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 00:42
    Originally posted by phil3000
    Used a little UK slang so as not to have to subtitle for ya'll. I am a yank, through and through. Texas is my home and I love soccer, but love it even better when the inventors of the game get exposed as the frauds they really are!
  7. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    13 Jun '10 00:45
    Originally posted by hopscotch
    Ha! Brilliant. Well spotted.
    Not so brilliant because he's wrong! Texas! Telly is not exlcusive to you Brits and commonwealthers!
  8. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 05:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

9. Joined
    15 Aug '05
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 05:36

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:071 edit
    The vuvuzelas remind me of someone with a giant leaf-blower right outside my window - except that people with leafblowers usually finish what they're doing after about 15 minutes or so - these are THE worst things anyone has ever brought into a stadium - easily exceeding the previous worst (thundersticks).
  11. 6yd box
    Moves
    14 Jun '10 20:32
    Originally posted by scacchipazzo
    What a bunch of wuss eared posters. It's white noise. Live with it. Better than the horrible Euroweenie singing. Now there's a distracting, incessant, seizure inducing noise!
    nicely put- i think it MAKES THE WORLD CUP..something diffirent....something that we will all rememeber about the 2010 world cup...just as we had the great ticker-tape in the 1978 world cup in Argentina
  12. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 00:39
    Originally posted by spurs73
    nicely put- i think it MAKES THE WORLD CUP..something diffirent....something that we will all rememeber about the 2010 world cup...just as we had the great ticker-tape in the 1978 world cup in Argentina
    Vuvuzelas have been around forever. I don't remember soccer matches without these, at least in South America and Mexico. First I ever heard these was Azteca stadium in Mexico 70. No one seems to remember these from back then.
  13. Standard memberasromacalcio
    asromacalcio
    Almaty, Kazakhstan
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 09:34
    I persuaded my other half to watch her first game on Saturday (she's from Kazakhstan, footy's not so big here) and after two minutes she left the room complaining that the racket was annoying. I left after 30 minutes complaining that England were awful but to back you all up, she did have a point, eh... these vuvu-what-nots are awful.

And another thing, if FIFA can't be bothered to act, I bet it costs millions in revenue because lots of people WILL switch off. Most of us won't, but that leaves many who will.
  14. Standard memberorion25
    Art is hard
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 10:43
    They won't stop it, I'm sure of it. I'm also glad, as this is part of the SA folklore. If they don't like it then they shouldn't have hosted the WC in SA in the first place...
  15. Joined
    30 Sep '08
    Moves
    15 Jun '10 11:43
    Originally posted by orion25
    They won't stop it, I'm sure of it. I'm also glad, as this is part of the SA folklore. If they don't like it then they shouldn't have hosted the WC in SA in the first place...
    Live with it. Vuvuzelas are catching on and will wend their way to Europe and have already arrived in USA. Here you can buy them in your team colors or flag colors. Look at the travelling fans. They all have their vuvuzelas in their team colors. I for one love the things and love a noisy stadium as long as it is not that awful European singing. What are those songs anyway? Nursery rhymes, beers songs, anthems?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree