World Series

World Series

Sports

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I kind of hope so... cuz if it's Sox in 4, everyone is going to whinge about the rust and dust.

Losers!

P-
Nah. I might blame the first loss on rust and dust but these guys are professionals.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Oct 07
4 edits

So all this talk of the world series got me curious so I tuned in to last night's game. What's with all the close-ups on people's faces?

They hardly showed the game at all. As soon as the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher they would start cutting to close-up's of the batter, the pitcher, the manager, some fans, the umpire, the batter again, and then back to the pitcher just before he'd throw the ball.

Then it was back to the closeup's again. After 4 batters like this i turned it off. It isn't like that when I watch Jays games on TV here in Canada. Most shots are from the centre field camera.

Is this how the US broadcasts baseball games?

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by darvlay
Nah. I might blame the first loss on rust and dust but these guys are professionals.
Took two games to get the rust off, they are primed and ready to rock now!

d

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless
So all this talk of the world series got me curious so I tuned in to last night's game. What's with all the close-ups on people's faces?

They hardly showed the game at all. As soon as the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher they would start cutting to close-up's of the batter, the pitcher, the manager, some fans, the umpire, the batter again, and ...[text shortened]... shots are from the centre field camera.

The drama in baseball is best shown on the faces of the players and coaches. I think FOX does a great job on the games (as they do in Football as well) and Joe Buck/Tim McCarver are an outstanding play-calling team (when they're not calling for their beloved Cardinals).

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by uzless

They hardly showed the game at all. As soon as the catcher threw the ball back to the pitcher they would start cutting to close-up's of the batter, the pitcher, the manager, some fans, the umpire, the batter again, and ...[text shortened]... shots are from the centre field camera.

We all know you like it, you think Dice-K is hot.

P
Banned from edits

Grammar dyslexic

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by darvlay
The drama in baseball is best shown on the faces of the players and coaches. I think FOX does a great job on the games (as they do in Football as well) and Joe Buck/Tim McCarver are an outstanding play-calling team (when they're not calling for their beloved Cardinals).
agreed, although I'm not a McCarver fan at all.

j

Moves
26 Oct 07

Fox stinks. They are more into extraneous sound effect and "cool"angles than doing a game. I would not consider Fox typical of any baseball broadcast. If anything they are the most extreme in being "current" (talking about everything but the game).. Personally I think Tim McCarver is the worst. He becomes obsessed with something that happened three innings ago (even if it is not that important) and he'll ignore the action for the rest of the hour.

u
The So Fist

Voice of Reason

Moves
26 Oct 07

Originally posted by jofaz
Fox stinks. They are more into extraneous sound effect and "cool"angles than doing a game. I would not consider Fox typical of any baseball broadcast. If anything they are the most extreme in being "current" (talking about everything but the game).. Personally I think Tim McCarver is the worst. He becomes obsessed with something that happened three innin ...[text shortened]... go (even if it is not that important) and he'll ignore the action for the rest of the hour.
That was my impression too.

TSN in Canada used to have Dan Shulman as the announcer a few years back and those broadcasts were the best baseball broadcasts i've ever seeen.

The Fox broadcast seems to focus on the individuals instead of the game itself.

w

Moves
28 Oct 07
1 edit

i have to say that I have no interest in the World Series this year. I knew the Rockies would get swept and I have no real interest in either team really so why watch? I just hope that next year it is another team other than the Boston Yankees. I wonder how bad the ratings are? Does anyone know?

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
28 Oct 07

Originally posted by whodey
i have to say that I have no interest in the World Series this year. I knew the Rockies would get swept and I have no real interest in either team really so why watch? I just hope that next year it is another team other than the Boston Yankees. I wonder how bad the ratings are? Does anyone know?
Most of the highest ratings for the world series come when NYY or Boston is in it, this year seems different... I think there is a lot of FOX hate out there... and Rockies don't have a large fan base.

Marlins and Indians in 97 is one of the higher rated, but that is even down from Yankees in 96.

I also don't feel you much of a fan if watching the world series is dependent on Boston or NYY not being in the series.

P-

Playoffs:
http://www.baseball-reference.com/postseason/

TV Ratings:
http://www.baseball-almanac.com/ws/wstv.shtml

Read a book!

Moves
28 Oct 07

Tonight?

Phlab's avatar says it all.

P
Mystic Meg

tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by HandyAndy
[b]Tonight?

Phlab's avatar says it all.
[/b]
I hope my avatar is wrong... Rockies are better than this.

P-

DD
Stealer of Souls

Waiting for You

Moves
29 Oct 07

Originally posted by Phlabibit
I hope my avatar is wrong... Rockies are better than this.

P-
Who are you rooting for?

PoPeYe

This is embarrasking

Moves
29 Oct 07

Those beans in Boston are powerful man, powerful I tell ya. Congratulations. I really wish it had been a closer series, but then again I was tired of Baseball. I'm glad it is finally over for a while.

x

Moves
29 Oct 07

wasnt even close... rockies sucks.. they just got lucky through the end os the season and in the playoff ... red sox wrecked them even though i hate the red sox but its true not even close