2000 + games in progress.........

2000 + games in progress.........

Tournaments

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A
A brain like a sieve

Berlin to London

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by jayaitch
Alzheimer is hardly a loser with a rating of 2175!! There are a few players on this site who play a lot of games and have a rating over 1800. However the general point he makes is a valid one. If you play a lot of games it reduces the thinking time. However for some players (like me) it wouldn't matter how much thinking time I had. I would still lose to 1 ...[text shortened]... f being a high rated player is your thing ok. But please, let's cut out the insults and bile.
Exactly!!

I think as a chessplayer you try to get better and better. I personaly think that you don't achieve that with playing 2000+ games at the same time.

Better focus on fewer games and play them properly. With 2000+ games you are bound to be rushed into moves because of lack of time.

a

THORNINYOURSIDE

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by jayaitch
Alzheimer is hardly a loser with a rating of 2175!! .
I have seen many losers on the site with similar graphs 😛

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Alzheimer
Exactly!!

I think as a chessplayer you try to get better and better. I personaly think that you don't achieve that with playing 2000+ games at the same time.

Better focus on fewer games and play them properly. With 2000+ games you are bound to be rushed into moves because of lack of time.
I admit I have a different point of view. Many people play chess just for fun, nothing more.

I think its great that someone's going to try to take on 2000 games without timeouts. I'm quite curious to see how far he gets. If he gets close, I'll send over a couple 7/14 games just to help.

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
09 Jun 09

Exactly!!

My game will not get technically better without a lot of time and effort being put into it, time that I cannot put into "quality" chess as I am mostly playing late at night in between tending to my baby girl.

I have always played swiftly, with insufficient thought, hence my graph style, however, taking into account the many peaks and troughs the general design has been a small uphill climb (so small as to be almost invisible to the eye!) and that is through memory, playing by rote. So playing in 2000 games will increase m own internal games database and hopefully improve my game, albeit on slightly.

When I start to have more time to focus on specific games I will probably try to improve my technique, but as said, currently that isn't feasible.

Thank you for your feedback.

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
09 Jun 09

Originally posted by Erekose
I admit I have a different point of view. Many people play chess just for fun, nothing more.

I think its great that someone's going to try to take on 2000 games without timeouts. I'm quite curious to see how far he gets. If he gets close, I'll send over a couple 7/14 games just to help.
Thanks, its a slow increase in game number at the moment, but in a couple of months a coule of extra games may just get me there.

Regards

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
09 Jun 09

Tansje,

Thank you for your long post, an impressive use of insufficient information, perhaps a Labour party member?

We can indeed agree to disagree.

Thank you so much once more.

Angry? I think not. Anger would be a significant waste of energy.

Regards
Surtism

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
12 Jun 09

Originally posted by Surtism
Friday 5 June 2009 progress report :

Games in progress : 334
Games to target : 1666 (hmmmm, Devilish!)
Games waiting : 107
Position for moves made this month : 9th
Enjoyment factor : High

My rating : 1463 (second highest its been this year)
Friday 12 June 2009 progress report :

Games in progress : 469
Games to target : 1531
Games waiting : 238
Position for moves made this month : 14th
Enjoyment factor : Very High

My rating : 1,493

I've slowed down my move making, as I was finishing games too quickly, lots of tourni's due to start, which will push me past the quarter mark. Lots of open invites created and being played.

All good so far.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Jun 09

Originally posted by Surtism
Friday 12 June 2009 progress report :

Games in progress : 469
Games to target : 1531
Games waiting : 238
Position for moves made this month : 14th
Enjoyment factor : Very High

My rating : 1,493

I've slowed down my move making, as I was finishing games too quickly, lots of tourni's due to start, which will push me past the quarter mark. Lots of open invites created and being played.

All good so far.
Fascinating!

R
The Rams

Moves
14 Jun 09

You're going to hit burnout. I tried that once and by 500 games I was getting timeouts and couldn't handle it so resigned them all. Take a look at my graph.

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
14 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ramned
You're going to hit burnout. I tried that once and by 500 games I was getting timeouts and couldn't handle it so resigned them all. Take a look at my graph.
Thats a steep drop!

I am now at 570 games in progress, but over 300 of them are at 21 day movers, none of which are older than 7 days in, so at the moment I am doing ok.

Will see how it goes, if I get to bogged down then I will change my mind, but currently its not too bad!

R
The Rams

Moves
15 Jun 09
2 edits

OAO
ParTizan

Philadelphia, USA

Moves
15 Jun 09

Originally posted by Ramned
lol, i can barely play 150

A
A brain like a sieve

Berlin to London

Moves
15 Jun 09

Like I said in earlier posts I do not see the point of this, but if it helps I wouldn't mind playing a game against you: 7/21 or 14/21.

What do you think?

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
15 Jun 09

Like I said in earlier posts I do not see the point of this, but if it helps I wouldn't mind playing a game against you: 7/21 or 14/21.

What do you think?
I would be happy too!

I will try to make you think at least once during the game! 🙂

S
Prof.

Blighty

Moves
25 Jun 09

I know that there are a lot of people who dont care, and frnakly you dont need to read this message.

But I have, today, broken the 1000 game barrier.

Thanks to all those playing me, I will be keeping to my timeframes, and trying to win one or two along the way.

Regards!