1. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    27 Sep '09 14:53
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    So, what is abuse? Where does abuse begin or end?
    This isn't about a player occasionally making moves with a vacation flag up. If you really want to solicit opinions on when abuse starts, I'd recommend you start a new thread in a forum other than Tournaments specifically for that purpose.

The OP set out to prove that he could simultaneously play 2,000 games without resorting to having to fly his vacation flag to avoid timeout losses. IMO, he has proven that he can, although the rigors of that many games intrude on the rest of his life. Completely understandable.

I have the pleasure of being in 4 games with him. I agree with the other poster who hoped that Surtism's remaining games come to successful completion.
  2. Blighty
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:17
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    How does affect you that he has so many games? I mean if you're playing him then you can claim timeout, win for you how can you be annoyed at that. And pay some respect, he's tried something no person has every done on redhotpawn๐Ÿ™‚

BW
    Thanks BW,and well played in all our games so far!

I will try much harder in our other games ๐Ÿ™‚
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:19
    Originally posted by Hannilein007
    I hope he will bring his project to a good end ๐Ÿ˜‰
    I wish Surtism everything, that he finish his games by a normal play ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks, its hard keeping track of every game, but my 3 day move games are reducing, so too is the pressure, but I only need one slip up to have time loss, which will annoy me immensely!
  4. Blighty
    Moves
    28 Sep '09 23:20
    Originally posted by sbacat

I have the pleasure of being in 4 games with him. I agree with the other poster who hoped that Surtism's remaining games come to successful completion.
    Thanks for your kind words, its tough going, but my gameload is heading the right direction, without timeout losses, so hopefully I can succeed, dispite real life intrusions!
  5. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 04:48
    Down to 1527 GIP and still not a single timeout loss ... we all have our fingers crossed for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
  6. Standard memberskeeter
    515 + 30 days
    Account suspended
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 06:16
    There'll be no timeouts taken for my part Surtism, but I fear I've been a little inconsiderate. Whilst we were 'in book' I moved in all 10 games at the same time.

We are further down the track now and wonder if you'd prefer I split our games into 5/5. That would mean that at any one time you would only need to move in 5 games. Then I would move in the other five and so on - hopscotch in fact. Better for you ?

Advise.

skeeter
  7. Standard memberKingDavid403
    King David
    Planet Earth.
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 12:002 edits
    Originally posted by BIGWAD
    How does affect you that he has so many games? I mean if you're playing him then you can claim timeout, win for you how can you be annoyed at that. And pay some respect, he's tried something no person has every done on redhotpawn๐Ÿ™‚

BW
    I was not talking about Surtism. None of my comments or statements were directed towards Surtism or were about Surtism. And I never said I was annoyed about anything.
    I was saying that some people in general way overload themselVES with to many games and can't keep up and it affects others.
    How does that affect me and others? Well one of the players that was first mentioned in this thread use to be in our clan. He way overloaded himself with to many games. Around 2000.
    1. His performance in his clan games dropped considerably, and he made several bad moves and lost several clan games that he should have, and could have won. Meaning we lost clan matches that we should have won due to this. That affects our whole clan (team).
    2. We had several clan matches that were dragged on for years due to him not being able to move often on his clan games. That affects our whole clan (team).
    3. We had a private clan tournament with a 3 day timeout and 7 day timebank that took almost 2 years to complete, due to him not being able to move on his games often. We like to have a private clan tournament once a year. That affected our whole clan.
    4. He timed out on some of his clan games, and we lost clan matches due to this which affected our whole clan (team).

It makes no sense what so ever to I to have 2000 games in progress. Meaning some just can't control themselves and take on way to many games. Unless you're trying to prove a point like Surtism.

Now lets say someone takes on to many games and they can't keep up and play with any kind of quality. They have every right to put up their vacation flag if they wish to not be timed out, so they can play with more quality and catch up on their games.

The 36 days a year of vacation can be used anyway you wish to not be timed out. And that's what it was intended for when it was implemented.

I apologize Surtism that some how my statements got directed towards you. I never intended that.
  8. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 16:17
    Originally posted by Surtism
    Thanks for your kind words, its tough going, but my gameload is heading the right direction, without timeout losses, so hopefully I can succeed, dispite real life intrusions!
    In my book, you've earned the praise. You pulled off what you set out to do and never turned craven.

Well done. No skulling from me, sir.
  9. Blighty
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 22:18
    Originally posted by skeeter
    There'll be no timeouts taken for my part Surtism, but I fear I've been a little inconsiderate. Whilst we were 'in book' I moved in all 10 games at the same time.

We are further down the track now and wonder if you'd prefer I split our games into 5/5. That would mean that at any one time you would only need to move in 5 games. Then I would move in the other five and so on - hopscotch in fact. Better for you ?

Advise.

skeeter
    Thank you, and you have been very considerate by having 7 day move games, sanity has stayed with me - just.

Your offer of splitting the games is kind and one I would like to take you up on, I have moved in 5 games today and will move in the others in a few days time, perhaps we can then do the hopscotch method? If you are okay with that.

Many thanks
    Surtism
  10. Blighty
    Moves
    29 Sep '09 22:22
    Originally posted by Kewpie
    Down to 1527 GIP and still not a single timeout loss ... we all have our fingers crossed for you. ๐Ÿ™‚
    Thanks - I was within 6 minutes on one game, but hopefully now that the 3 day move games are reducing I should have a little more breathing room.

Just hope my rating holds up! Its had a bit of a beating recently!
  11. Joined
    21 Sep '06
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 14:55
    On average, in how many games is it your turn to move? I would guess out of 1500 it's typically 1200 or so, and you'll make 300-600 moves in a few hours before taking a break.
  12. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 20:55
    Originally posted by skeeter

Advise.

skeeter
    Surely making special arrangements about moves defeats the whole object of Surtism's epic game load: to prove that by normal play and not 'abusing' timeouts he can carry a 2,000 game load.
  13. Blighty
    Moves
    02 Oct '09 23:56
    Originally posted by DawgHaus
    On average, in how many games is it your turn to move? I would guess out of 1500 it's typically 1200 or so, and you'll make 300-600 moves in a few hours before taking a break.
    Ive just had a lightish session and I have 1,125 games waiting - and pleasingly no little red flashing lights on any game! Its typically quite high % each day now - over 1,300 games, as most of the games which I will get timeout wins in have been claimed, so most my games are "active".

At the height of my challenge I would have upto 1,800 games waiting, which was a tad worrying!

During the week I tend to focus on the 3 and 7 day move games, with a big attack of the 21 day movers every 8 - 10 days.
  14. Blighty
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 22:55
    At this exact second, I have less than 1000 games waiting - so Im going to sleep!
  15. Standard membersbacat
    Eddie's Dad
    Raving Mad
    Moves
    04 Oct '09 23:17
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Surely making special arrangements about moves defeats the whole object of Surtism's epic game load: to prove that by normal play and not 'abusing' timeouts he can carry a 2,000 game load.
    IMO, he's been to the top of Everest and is now descending...hopefully without injury...for having made the climb.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree