1. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 21:34
    .... with no use of extended (allowing one week at a time, no more than once per month - say = plus some time at Christmas!) vacation and playing within the timeframe - is this feasible?

From Adram's calculations in the Atri threads it should be do-able on the longer move games, Atri and Heng's downfalls appear to be the shorter move tourni's.

I'm going to give this a bash, but it may take a few months to build up that number of games, but I will play within the rules and play as swiftly as possible.

I will also try to retain my rating to above this years low of 1,207.

An interesting conundrum - can it be done?
  2. Joined
    03 Nov '08
    Moves
    31 May '09 21:41
    Sure. But why?
  3. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 21:44
    Originally posted by Jasen777
    Sure. But why?
    Because both Atri and Heng were accused of cheating the system, unfair play and being inconsiderate. Therefore, if somebody can play that number of games without the 'cheating' they were accused of, then all those who were involved with this diabolical behavior will we them an apology.

Righting a wrong, in short.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:04
    but its not cheating the system..... maybe abusing it, but not cheating it.
  5. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:14
    Originally posted by chessisagame
    but its not cheating the system..... maybe abusing it, but not cheating it.
    I will be doing neither cheating or abusing, I will play 100% within the rules and the implied rules.

The other two were accused of cheating and abusing the system due to their use of the vacation settings.

I will play normally, within the rules and timeframes and still finish as many games as possible as quickly as possible,
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:18
    Originally posted by surtism
    .... with no use of extended (allowing one week at a time, no more than once per month - say = plus some time at Christmas!) vacation and playing within the timeframe - is this feasible?

From Adram's calculations in the Atri threads it should be do-able on the longer move games, Atri and Heng's downfalls appear to be the shorter move tourni's.

I'm goin ...[text shortened]... in my rating to above this years low of 1,207.

An interesting conundrum - can it be done?
    What a stupid idea.
  7. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:24
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    What a stupid idea.
    Thank you.

You have a stupid name, but at least I can easily change my idea. Your stuck with your name. Poo poo head!
  8. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:26
    Playing 21/21 games only it should be possible to play 2100 games at an average of 100 moves each day. There are many players on this site who play 3000+ moves a month.

There are some players on this site whose object in life is to climb the active player table. Goodness knows why, as number of moves bears no relation to chess ability.

But, stay cool, if making moves is your thing, so be it.
  9. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:30
    Originally posted by jayaitch
    Playing 21/21 games only it should be possible to play 2100 games at an average of 100 moves each day. There are many players on this site who play 3000+ moves a month.

There are some players on this site whose object in life is to climb the active player table. Goodness knows why, as number of moves bears no relation to chess ability.

But, stay cool, if making moves is your thing, so be it.
    Thank you.

100+ moves a day should be possible, my move rate for this month only started increasing at the mid-point of the month, so I imagine that 5000 moves a month should be do-able.

I play too fast for my rating to increase too much, so I may as well go for a lot of games.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:401 edit
    Thank you.

100+ moves a day should be possible, my move rate for this month only started increasing at the mid-point of the month, so I imagine that 5000 moves a month should be do-able.

I play too fast for my rating to increase too much, so I may as well go for a lot of games.
    Just for laughs, have you ever considered attempting to improve your game rather than just making a bunch of bad moves so you can "get to the top" of users here making a bunch of moves?
  11. Joined
    20 Jun '03
    Moves
    31 May '09 22:52
    Just for laughs, have you ever considered attempting to improve your game rather than just making a bunch of bad moves so you can "get to the top" of users here making a bunch of moves?
    Reasonable point. However there are players making well over 3000 moves a month with ratings above 1700, so rating/moves made is not directly related.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '07
    Moves
    31 May '09 23:01
    At some point they will have studied and played slowly and it is only once they have the pattern recognition and chess skills that they can move quickly and keep a high chess rating. Personally, I cannot make over 3000 moves a month and keep a rating over 1700.

Good luck with the pointless challenge. Isn't a chess game a big enough challenge?
  13. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 23:02
    Just for laughs, have you ever considered trying to be constructive or interesting or anything other than an ignorant fool?

My game would improve if I took a lot longer on each move, but I prefer to play lots of games, have chats to nice people (something you wouldn't know about) and have a laugh.

I'm not trying to get to the top of moves made, Indosmart made over 9000 and his rating is high. I am just intending to prove that the insulting behavior displayed towards other players on this site were uncalled for.

If you want a 21 day per move game then send one over and I will try to beat you. Its likely that I wont, but I am happy to play anyone, even sleaze like you.

Got to go now, so good night all.
  14. Blighty
    Moves
    31 May '09 23:03
    Originally posted by raiox
    At some point they will have studied and played slowly and it is only once they have the pattern recognition and chess skills that they can move quickly and keep a high chess rating. Personally, I cannot make over 3000 moves a month and keep a rating over 1700.

Good luck with the pointless challenge. Isn't a chess game a big enough challenge?
    Many thanks for your support raiox, if you fancy a game then please do send over a challenge. Easy points for you and 1 step closer for me! 🙂
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    31 May '09 23:12
    Just for laughs, have you ever considered trying to be constructive or interesting or anything other than an ignorant fool?

My game would improve if I took a lot longer on each move, but I prefer to play lots of games, have chats to nice people (something you wouldn't know about) and have a laugh.

I'm not trying to get to the top of moves made, Indosma ...[text shortened]... ont, but I am happy to play anyone, even sleaze like you.

Got to go now, so good night all.
    I gave you constructive advice but you insist on being a jerk.

Good luck with your "project". When you're done, you can try and break the world's record for having a Slinky go down a flight of stairs.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree