Site update status

Site update status

Announcements

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

B

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

I'm unsure. It's kind of unpleasant and uncomfortable. Kind of like burning in hell. At least it's almost better than being skinned alive and rolled in broken glass. I'll try to get used to it. I'm trying to be open minded.

N

Moves
01 May 13

For me, it`s a gruesome and unplayable upgrade!! I have resigned my remain games with immediate effect.

Amersham, Bucks, UK

Moves
01 May 13

Given the much more modern feel of the site, the Windows 8 look as some are calling it, then old graphics in the very top menu: My Games, New Games, Open Invites, etc all look a bit old fashioned now.

I'd suggested getting new graphics to match the feel of the rest of the image development. More stylised and less pictorial.

F

Moves
01 May 13

Originally posted by Nails53
For me, it`s a gruesome and unplayable upgrade!! I have resigned my remain games with immediate effect.
Bye. You've taken down your subscriber's avatar already, I notice.

Moves
01 May 13
1 edit

Originally posted by gezza
I have a similar issue, only on the mygames page, top right:
gezza (a href)
Now solved. It looks to have been related to the RHP firefox extension:
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/rhp-extras/

The numbers did not always appear, and were replaced by (a href).
Sorry for the double post - I disabled GreaseMonkey, but forgot about this one.

a

Moves
01 May 13

A lot of negatives all around about the new look, but I like it. Change is always good! Everyone is just used to the old interface, that is why most don't like the new look. Give it time. Well done Russ!!!

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
01 May 13

You have as well!

This experience will work well for you, you clearly need to get out more.

TD
Enjoying Life

Tirau NZ

Moves
01 May 13

I normally love a change now and then but after ten years or so got used to the old format site. The worst thing about the new layout is the large message pop up which covers the chess board. I'm really no chess player but love the global conversation with a few moves a day.. I don't use a smart phone and find the new format on a wide screen pc is an eyeful - at least dim down the massive amount of white.. Still love Ya though.

A
The 'edit'or

converging to it

Moves
01 May 13

I suppose if I was new to this site then I wouldn't have any opinion on the change here, and might even think it looks nice; but alas as a fairly long term user of this site I cannot say I am glad that the change happened.

Sais

Berks.

Moves
01 May 13

A minor issue, but on the 'My Games' screen when you select a way to order your games it manages to forget what order I selected each time I revist the site. I don't care for ordering by the default option.

As for the updated site overall, I don't mind it, seems to do everything I would have done before. Unlike a certain other site a couple of months ago which was a complete farcical update.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
02 May 13

More things to like:

Bigger fonts and bigger icons

Narrower page width means the forum posts are constrained and easier to read

Moves
02 May 13

It's definitely growing on me. On the whole, I like it.

RHP Code Monkey

RHP HQ

Moves
02 May 13

Originally posted by Peakite
A minor issue, but on the 'My Games' screen when you select a way to order your games it manages to forget what order I selected each time I revist the site. I don't care for ordering by the default option.

As for the updated site overall, I don't mind it, seems to do everything I would have done before. Unlike a certain other site a couple of months ago which was a complete farcical update.
Please see Thread 152783.

Hard Spanker

Verona, Italy

Moves
02 May 13

Ahhh, what a big loss for this community!

Isolated Pawn

Wisconsin USA

Moves
02 May 13

Every member is important.