1. Hull, UK
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 01:132 edits
    Thank you to all those that suggested 'The Fountain' I'd downloaded it, but wasn't sure if I wanted to watch it coz of the weak film write up from Sky. I was pleasantly suprised! What a great film!

Films I recommend:
    - Code 46
    - Sunshine
    - The Jacket
    - Pi
    - Twelve Monkeys
    - Thank you for Smoking
    - Lord of War

Those are just off the top of my head, but my collection is pretty big 🙂

EDT: Jacobs Ladder is good too!!
    EDT 2: And Requiem for a dream and Shawshank Redemption... see this is why lists like this are dangerous! lol
  2. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 03:10
    Many of these have been mentioned already, but I like them.

"Life is Beautiful", "Dead Poets Society", "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon", "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind", "Memento", "The Matrix", "Forget Paris", "Gattaca", "A Beautiful Mind" "The Rock", "The Truman Show".

comedies--"Napoleon Dynamite", "Mr. Bean's Holiday", "Dumb and Dumber"

Nearly anything with Gregory Peck, Jimmy Stewart or Tom Hanks (The ones without Meg Ryan).
  3. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    29 Mar '08 18:331 edit
    some films that I watch over and over:

starship troopers
    solyaris
    dersu uzala
    ran
    yojimbo
    chungking express
    drunken master!!!!
    sonatine
    zatoichi
    gohatto
    orgazmo
    cannibal the musical
    repo man

hellboy
    the league of extraordinary gentleman
    x-men 1,2,3
    well I watch pretty much all comic based movies over and over. except elektra.

up in smoke
    still smoking

mallrats
    chasing amy
    clerks 1&2

secondhand lions
    smoke
    blue in the face
    zelig
    bananas
    manhattan
    annie hall

oh man, this is getting ridiculous. I've only scratched the surface, and most of these I've seen 15-50+ times. I've never though before how much I watch the same movies over and over again...
  4. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 07:42
    Originally posted by wormwood
    some films that I watch over and over:

starship troopers
    solyaris
    dersu uzala
    ran
    yojimbo
    chungking express
    drunken master!!!!
    sonatine
    zatoichi
    gohatto
    orgazmo
    cannibal the musical
    repo man

hellboy
    the league of extraordinary gentleman
    x-men 1,2,3
    well I watch pretty much all comic based movies over and over. except elektra.

up in ...[text shortened]... 5-50+ times. I've never though before how much I watch the same movies over and over again...
    That is a lot of sofa time! There are lots of childerns films I have had to rewatch and rewatch 15-50 times!
  5. lookin for a way out
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 09:29
    Originally posted by yo its me
    That is a lot of sofa time! There are lots of childerns films I have had to rewatch and rewatch 15-50 times!
    Toy Story!!!! I loved it 😀
  6. Standard memberyo its me
    Yo! Its been
    Me, all along
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 09:351 edit
    Originally posted by Pawn Qween
    Toy Story!!!! I loved it 😀
    Yeah I don't mind watching that one it's the Barbie films I'd like to loose! The princess ones could go too and the ones they know all the words too like High school musical and Annie #sigh# I feel the headache before it arrives!
    Toy story two is good some childerns films are lovelly like Spirit.
  7. Standard memberwormwood
    If Theres Hell Below
    We're All Gonna Go!
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 16:28
    Originally posted by yo its me
    Yeah I don't mind watching that one it's the Barbie films I'd like to loose! The princess ones could go too and the ones they know all the words too like High school musical and Annie #sigh# I feel the headache before it arrives!
    Toy story two is good some childerns films are lovelly like Spirit.
    oh I know that one! both of my nieces are in the worst princess phase right now, and there's just no end to the torture... and why do all of those damn princesses have to SING!?!?
  8. Standard memberSeitse
    Doug Stanhope
    That's Why I Drink
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 17:51
    My bro worked as an animator in Spirit! 😏

His daughters cannot stop watching it... so many years after 😞
  9. weedhopper
    Moves
    30 Mar '08 18:57
    Metropolis was a good one. And I remember our group used to watch A Bridge Too Far or Midway as a ritual, just before starting a game of Rise & Decline of the Third Reich
  10. Standard memberIron Monkey
    Primal Primate
    holiest of holies
    Moves
    31 Mar '08 11:54
    i've watched Apocalpse Now lots of times, always the Redux version these days; A Clockwork Orange, 2001, Bladerunner, Dead Man, Donnie Darko, Sin City, Blues Brothers, The Good The Bad and the Ugly, Pan's Labyrinth, The Exorcist, Star Wars IV-VI, LOTR, Kill Bill 1&2, Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs, Trainspotting, Casablanca, The Maltese Falcon, Fitzcarraldo, Cobra Verde, Fight Club, Mulholland Drive, lots more, too many to mention.
  11. Big D
    Moves
    03 Apr '08 14:481 edit
    I just saw "There Will Be Blood," (based on the Upton Sinclair novel, "Oil," ) last night and have to say it was my favorite film of the year and possibly the decade. Daniel Day Lewis' performance was riveting. The film is kind of a cross between "Giant," and "Citizen Kane," and traces the beginnings of the oil industry as Lewis' character scratches around in the dirt looking for oil while acquiring more land and wells as he builds his company, literally, from the ground up. As the stakes become higher, and his personal and professional relationships become more complex, the climax comes with his discovery that although he has everything, in the end, he truly has nothing. I highly recommend "There Will Be Blood," if you liked the two previous films mentioned, or period pieces. At 158 minutes, it's kind of long, and although the pacing in the beginning is slow, the film continuously builds momentum. Definitely four stars and worth adding to your DVD collection.
  12. Standard memberSunburnt
    🙏🏻
    Some other realm
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 01:47
    Somebody mentioned The Fountain.

I did not really get this movie. At the end, I thought, well, what was this movie about? It was mostly special effects and I just didn't get it.
  13. Standard memberPalynka
    Upward Spiral
    Halfway
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 07:481 edit
    Originally posted by Sunburnt
    Somebody mentioned The Fountain.

I did not really get this movie. At the end, I thought, well, what was this movie about? It was mostly special effects and I just didn't get it.
    It's about life and death. It reflects the view of death during the three phases of life: youth/medieval, middle age/present and older age/future.

At least that's how I see it.

Edit: The effects are done without any CGI (Computer Generated Imagery).
  14. the highway to hell
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 11:06
    i dont know most of the movies that people are mentioning,
    my favourites so far:
    amadeus
    midnight cowboy
    west side story
    pulp fiction
    dr strangelove
    tommy the musical
    jesus christ superstar
    the man who fell to earth (bowie)
    o lucky man ( malcolm mc dowell)
    one flew over the cuckoos nest
    mars attacks
    2001 a space oddessey
  15. Standard memberneonpeon41
    The Conductor
    With the band
    Moves
    04 Apr '08 18:10
    Oh, and also "Field of Dreams". It doesn't get any better for a baseball fan from Iowa.

np

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree