Films that you really enjoyed.

Films that you really enjoyed.

Culture

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
24 Dec 08

Originally posted by kirksey957
Das Boot. (The Boat). Takes a sympathetic and heroic view of a crew in a German U-boat in WW2. Incredible footage. You will get claustrophobic I can assure you.
A great movie and very claustrophobic as you say.

PS: Incidentally my dad served in the RN on the old diesel powered pre-nuclear subs for 11 years and loved it. I recently visited one he actually served on which is in a dry dock museum in Portsmouth - it's incredible 60 men lived in it!

TA
I'm 1/4 Ninja

Moves
24 Dec 08

I watched Evita last night for the first time and I must say that I took it to heart and haven't cried for Argentina at all today. Wait, was it them crying for her or her crying and singing or was it me who cries? Ah, man. I'll go watch it again.

rural North Dakota

Moves
27 Dec 08

Originally posted by der schwarze Ritter
Watched John Ford and John Wayne's "The Searchers," last night. The story was believable, the scenery was good, the action was good, the actors were well cast, and John Wayne said this was his favorite role. For those unfamiliar with the film, it's the story of a white girl who's family gets killed by Comanche Indians and is taken away to live wi ...[text shortened]... ter to spend the next five years looking for her. This could be the greatest Western ever.
Read the story but missed the film. The movies we watch over and over are: Random Harvest, The African Queen, Shop Around the Corner, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Sink the Bismarck. I like Shane better than my hubby does. The music as Shane rides back for the final showdown with the little boy and dog running behind him, still gives me goosebumps, but hubby puts on the mute now, so it ruins it for me.

Moves
27 Dec 08
1 edit

Originally posted by ale1552
Read the story but missed the film. The movies we watch over and over are: Random Harvest, The African Queen, Shop Around the Corner, Tora! Tora! Tora!, Sink the Bismarck. I like Shane better than my hubby does. The music as Shane rides back for the final showdown with the little boy and dog running behind him, still gives me goosebumps, but hubby puts on the mute now, so it ruins it for me.
I like decent SiFi like the first Terminator or older stuff like Metropolis or the Day The Earth Stood Still. Not very intelectual but a good watch with popcorn!

d

Break-twitching

Moves
28 Dec 08

Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory...I refuse to eat a snickers bar for fear that I will hurt its feelings

S

Moves
28 Dec 08

I can't go on and list how many great films I've enjoyed but recently Gran Torino and Australia.

And I'm so happy this site doesn't have a bunch of 14 year old Twilight fan girls. The previous site I normally attend is filled with them.

XD

Moves
29 Dec 08

I finally got around to seeing You Can't Take It With You, the Oscar winner for 1938.

After seeing the movie, I can't shake the notion that Charles Addams created a macabre version of the Vanderhof household for The Addams Family. Also, Herman and Grandpa Munster doing their thing downstairs hearkens to YCTIWY and their firework making downstairs.

If you're going to steal, steal from the classics. 😛

J

Moves
01 Jan 09

I 've just watched the stand .I really enjoyed it.It made me wonder why i hadn't seen it years ago.
Another good Stephen King adaptation is the mist. The ending is both brave and tragic.