1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:13
    @capacrapa said
    @wildgrass

No...
    It means if yall ban one type of weapon you will see that a simple handgun can kill just as many and you'll want to ban that next.

Give them a foot and they will want a mile.
    A rifle can kill more people than a hand gun. They are only good for short range and even then people who shoot at other people with hand guns often miss.
  2. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:21
    @capacrapa said
    @no1marauder

The Virginia tech shooter killed 32 students with a handgun and wounded 17.

If we make laws banning one type of gun they will try to ban the next type and so on.
    The Virginia Tech shooting was over 15 years ago. Since then, there have been numerous incidents where mass shooters used a combination of "assault rifles", high capacity mags and body armor to inflict the type of carnage seen recently in Buffalo and Uvalde. Common sense says that that the type of Federal laws I have outlined are necessary to reduce this butchery even if it cannot end it entirely.

But don't worry; right wingers in the Senate are blocking even something as minor as an increase in background checks.
  3. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:261 edit
    @no1marauder said
    The Virginia Tech shooting was over 15 years ago. Since then, there have been numerous incidents where mass shooters used a combination of "assault rifles", high capacity mags and body armor to inflict the type of carnage seen recently in Buffalo and Uvalde. Common sense says that that the type of Federal laws I have outlined are necessary to reduce this butchery even if ...[text shortened]... ight wingers in the Senate are blocking even something as minor as an increase in background checks.
    Universal background checks are unenforceable without a gun registry.
    Does that mean you support a gun registry?

Anyone can make a gun in their own home if they have the money. Universal background checks are becoming obsolete because of technology.

https://lockedback.com/i-just-downloaded-a-gun-i-can-print-on-a-3d-printer-effectively-killing-gun-control/
  4. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:361 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Universal background checks are unenforceable without a gun registry.
    Does that mean you support a gun registry?

Anyone can make a gun in their own home if they have the money. Universal background checks are becoming obsolete because of technology.

https://lockedback.com/i-just-downloaded-a-gun-i-can-print-on-a-3d-printer-effectively-killing-gun-control/
    I don't believe you or your ridiculous sites.

You can't make an entire, operable gun with a 3D printer.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:43
    @no1marauder said

LOL!
    Fine. Don't believe it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/people-are-3d-printing-what-appears-be-fully-functional-rpg-launchers

I suggest you read that (so called) ridiculous site. You might learn something.
  6. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:451 edit
    @no1marauder said
    The Virginia Tech shooting was over 15 years ago. Since then, there have been numerous incidents where mass shooters used a combination of "assault rifles", high capacity mags and body armor to inflict the type of carnage seen recently in Buffalo and Uvalde. Common sense says that that the type of Federal laws I have outlined are necessary to reduce this butchery even if ...[text shortened]... ight wingers in the Senate are blocking even something as minor as an increase in background checks.
    The Virginia tech shooter used a handgun and killed more than the Buffalo shooter and the Ulvade shooter combined.
    They both had high powered assault rifles and both of them together killed less than a guy with a handgun.

It's not the weapon used that matters.

Buffalo 10...Ulvade 19.

Virginia tech 32...with a handgun.
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:502 edits
    @no1marauder said

You might need springs and some fasteners and a firing pin so I suppose you are right, but how hard is it to get those?
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:51
    @metal-brain said
    LOL!
    Fine. Don't believe it.

https://www.zerohedge.com/technology/people-are-3d-printing-what-appears-be-fully-functional-rpg-launchers

I suggest you read that (so called) ridiculous site. You might learn something.
    You've been reading it and you haven't learned a damn thing.
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:52
    @capacrapa said
    The Virginia tech shooter used a handgun and killed more than the Buffalo shooter and the Ulvade shooter combined.
    They both had high powered assault rifles and both of them together killed less than a guy with a handgun.

Buffalo 10...Ulvade 19.

Of course it matters, you idiot.

Does the US Army equip its infantry battle groups with handguns?

So yes the type of weapon does matter.

Only a nitwit would argue that a handgun is as deadly as an AR-15 equipped with a 30 round magazine hoisted by a person in full body armor.
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:52
    @suzianne said
    You've been reading it and you haven't learned a damn thing.
    LOL!

https://hackaday.com/2020/09/12/learn-about-historic-firearm-design-with-a-3d-printer/
  11. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:53
    @capacrapa said

Buffalo 10...Ulvade 19.

I won't hold my breath waiting for an answer to this one.
  12. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:54
    @capacrapa said
    I won't hold my breath waiting for you to read the answer to that one.
  13. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:57
    @suzianne said
    I won't hold my breath waiting for you to read the answer to that one.
    Are we fighting again? 🙄

You are high maintenance.
  14. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '22 04:06
    @metal-brain said
    You might need springs and some fasteners and a firing pin so I suppose you are right, but how hard is it to get those?
    "Parts like fasteners and springs that have the critical task of holding everything together were not – so were the barrel and receiver, as well as trigger and firing pin. Barrel and receiver were fabricated in aluminum using a process known as direct metal laser sintering (DMLS) while trigger and firing pin were printed in 4340 alloy steel. DMLS, btw, is kind of like 3D printing, except that high-powered precision lasers were used to heat particles of powder to below their melting point, thus essentially welding the fine metal powder layer by layer until a finished object was formed.

Of course, the entire process was not as simple as print-and-assemble; it has a few post-printing processes too, like in the case of the aluminum receiver and barrel, machining and tumbling were required and in the case of AM components, they had to be snipped from the build plate, the support material removed and whatnot. All told, 5 hours of post process was required for the barrel and receiver alone which itself took around 70 hours to print. The grenade launcher itself took 35 hours to print on a single build plate. The time and cost involved are significantly lesser over conventional methods which would take months and costs tens of thousands of dollars."

https://mikeshouts.com/u-s-army-3d-printed-grenade-launcher/

Know a lot of folks with high powered precision lasers in the garage?
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 May '22 04:07
    @capacrapa said
    I answered it.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree