1. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:00
    @shavixmir said
    That sounds like a healthy environment.

Do they actually still invest in school books and things?
    Not in Florida. I hear DeSantis is writing his own textbooks they'll all use, just like his inbred legislature voted to use his map for re-districting.
  2. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:01
    @metal-brain said
    When two thirds of the news is about a mass shooting it is over reported. Nobody is suggesting that it not be reported, but over reporting it inspires more mass shootings that gets people killed and injured. I have noticed your concern for human life throughout the pandemic to promote gene vaccines and now it is time to prove human life means as much to you now as it did ...[text shortened]... over reporting mass shootings gets people killed. What do you suggest doing about it to save lives?
    Just stop talking.

Even stupid people don't believe you any more.
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:141 edit
    @kellyjay said
    It isn't the weapons; it is the heart of the people who do the killing; when life is
    reduced in importance, it shouldn't be surprising that people act as if life isn't all
    that important. We have been reducing life in the hearts of others for years, and we
    have also seen a lack of concern for authority, so it shouldn't be a surprise that
    those in authority are ridiculed and even killed. We are repeating what we have
    been sowing as a society.
    Well I’m a Brit and I’m sure we do not have any more respect for life and authority than you guys do but what we don’t have is easy access to weapons that can easily kill 21 people in a very short space of time.
    We have an ongoing gang related knife crime issue but if the knives were replaced with guns the body count would likely go through the roof.
    You do seem to have separate issues of gang related gun crime and mentally ill individuals with easy access to guns both of which could be relieved by a reduction in the availability of guns. It’s a very simple equation really, the easier it is to kill people then the more people will get killed.
  4. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    26 May '22 12:26
    Obama had this to say on Twitter...

"As we grieve the children of Uvalde today, we should take time to recognize that two years have passed since the murder of George Floyd under the knee of a police officer. His killing stays with us all to this day, especially those who loved him."
  5. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    26 May '22 13:55
    @jimm619 said
    There was an armed Security Guard at TOPS MARKET,
    a retired cop. He was able to return fire, but was killed
    Preliminary reports, I have heard, is that a police
    officer was on duty at the school in TEXAS.
    Turns out officers responded, but
    wouldn't enter the school.
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    26 May '22 16:40
    @jimm619
    I heard there was an armed guard at the scene of the truck crash so how did he get by that dude?
  7. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    26 May '22 16:421 edit
    @sonhouse

The punk had body armour on and that cop was shot I heard.
  8. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    26 May '22 17:021 edit
    @shavixmir said
    From the BBC:
    “School shootings have become recurring emergencies in the US, with 26 recorded last year, according to EdWeek, an education trade publication.

“Active shooter lockdown drills are a common part of the school curriculum, from primary to high school.”

You do realise this isn’t a normal or healthy situation, don’t you?
    Twisted stats.

They count any gun going off near a school in that list and most of those are gang related.

Actual school massacres is 15 all time.
  9. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    26 May '22 20:42
    @capacrapa said
    Twisted stats.

They count any gun going off near a school in that list and most of those are gang related.

Actual school massacres is 15 all time.
    But they are guns, right ??
  10. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    26 May '22 21:54
    @kevcvs57 said
    The answer to the gang shootings is exactly the same as the answer to school shootings. Drastically curb availability of weapons with which to shoot people regardless of colour or age.
    What you call over reporting I call focusing attention on an incident that only the most heartless sociopath would not care about in order to stimulate political debate about the ridiculousness of current gun laws in the US.
    "Drastically curb availability of weapons with which to shoot people regardless of colour or age. "

You want to repeal the 2nd amendment. Just say so. Be honest.
  11. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    26 May '22 23:12
    @capacrapa said
    @no1marauder

The Virginia tech shooter killed 32 students with a handgun and wounded 17.

If we make laws banning one type of gun they will try to ban the next type and so on.
    Yeah and if he had access to buy an F-35 he could've strafed the whole school to the ground. Right to bear arms.

I guess the whole debate is what is an arm?
  12. Joined
    10 May '22
    Moves
    27 May '22 00:49
    @wildgrass

No...
    It means if yall ban one type of weapon you will see that a simple handgun can kill just as many and you'll want to ban that next.

Give them a foot and they will want a mile.
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '06
    Moves
    27 May '22 00:56
    @capacrapa said
    @wildgrass

No...
    It means if yall ban one type of weapon you will see that a simple handgun can kill just as many and you'll want to ban that next.

Give them a foot and they will want a mile.
    There are banned guns now.
  14. Joined
    06 May '15
    Moves
    27 May '22 01:13
    @metal-brain said
    "Drastically curb availability of weapons with which to shoot people regardless of colour or age. "

You want to repeal the 2nd amendment. Just say so. Be honest.
    Which well-regulated militia do you belong to?
  15. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    27 May '22 03:08
    @kevin-eleven said
    Which well-regulated militia do you belong to?
    None. I was just pointing out I didn't have to prove membership. The 2nd amendment doesn't require that though. You don't have to be a member of an existing militia. A militia can form later and call on people with arms to protect the constitution from threats foreign or domestic.

Nothing in the constitution requires membership in a militia to be able to bear arms. It doesn't say when.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree