18 children dead in Texas shooting

18 children dead in Texas shooting

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rain

Moves
25 May 22

https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951

At least 18 children, 2 adults dead after shooting at Texas elementary school

At least 18 children and two adults are dead after a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The 18-year-old suspect, a student at Uvalde High School, is also dead, Gov. Greg Abbott said.

Abbott said the suspect "shot and killed horrifically and incomprehensibly" more than a dozen students and a teacher.

The suspect also allegedly shot and killed his grandmother before entering the school and again opening fire.

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

@vivify said
https://abcnews.go.com/US/texas-elementary-school-reports-active-shooter-campus/story?id=84940951

At least 18 children, 2 adults dead after shooting at Texas elementary school

At least 18 children and two adults are dead after a shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas, on Tuesday, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

The 18-yea ...[text shortened]... allegedly shot and killed his grandmother before entering the school and again opening fire.
They just said 3% of the population own 50%
of the guns. The leading cause of death in children
is gun violence. I'm not in favor of banning guns but,
we need to pass some common sense laws.
At least a background check.

Moves
25 May 22

No cops at schools was a Democrat platform I seem to remember? 🤔

Moves
25 May 22

No armed and trained teachers was also rejected by Democrats 🤔

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

Salvador Ramos is the shooter.

At least all the anti white liberals will stay quiet for once. 😉

(So they will focus on gun control 🙄 )

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

@capacrapa said
No armed and trained teachers was also rejected by Democrats 🤔
Yeah, Democrats hold a lot of sway in Texas.

Just last year:

"Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1, after Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday signed the permitless carry bill into law."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/16/texas-constitutional-carry-greg-abbott/

rain

Moves
25 May 22
3 edits

https://nypost.com/2022/05/24/what-we-know-so-far-about-salvador-ramos-the-suspected-texas-school-shooter/

The shooter, age 18, sent a message on Instagram to a stranger saying that she would be sharing his pics later. He had sent a few messages alluding to his killing.

This kid was apparently chasing fame, just like the 18 year old in Buffalo who streamed his murders live on a gaming site. The Parkland school shooter, age 19, frequently posted pictures on the internet of himself showing off his many guns, where he also announced "I think I'm going to kill people:

https://www.cnn.com/2018/02/16/us/exclusive-school-shooter-instagram-group/index.html

There is something very wrong with young people. They're not only filled with hate, they seek some sort of twisted glory and validation in it through infamy on social media.

Jacinda Ardern, PM of New Zealand, addressed her nation after a mass shooting, saying of the killer: "He will remain nameless", refusing to say his name.

I think we need to do this with mass shooters. They don't deserve fame, infamy, or any sort of recognition. Letting mass shooters be forgotten will stop the copycats and and attention seekers who want the world to know their anger.

Moves
25 May 22

@no1marauder said
Yeah, Democrats hold a lot of sway in Texas.

Just last year:

"Texans can carry handguns without a license or training starting Sept. 1, after Gov. Greg Abbott on Wednesday signed the permitless carry bill into law."

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/06/16/texas-constitutional-carry-greg-abbott/
The GOP wanna' make this
country into an armed camp.

Moves
25 May 22

Cops in schools!
Armed and trained teachers!
No access unless you are let in by security!
I can't walk into a government building or a prison so use the same procedures with schools. 🤷

Stop foreign aid and secure the schools.

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
No cops at schools was a Democrat platform I seem to remember? 🤔
Oh, yeah, tossin' lead with all the kids around
You ought know about school shootings,
CANADA HAS 2 students killed THIS YEAR.

Moves
25 May 22

@jimm619 said
Oh, yeah, tossin' lead with all the kids around
You ought know about school shootings,
CANADA HAS 2 students killed THIS YEAR.
We focus on hockey.
Team sports.
The outdoors.
Beer and BBQ

Yall focus on individualism and crap.

We don't have that "look at me" attitude (mostly)

BTW...we all have guns up here. Not handguns but we do have rifles and shotguns.

I'm not 100 percent sure but I think the whole individualism attitude in the States is a big problem 🤔

Moves
25 May 22

Twitter is showing pics of the shooter as a Trans woman.

(Not sure if that's true but I'm looking for more info)

Guppy poo

Sewers of Holland

Moves
25 May 22

@capacrapa said
Cops in schools!
Armed and trained teachers!
No access unless you are let in by security!
I can't walk into a government building or a prison so use the same procedures with schools. 🤷

Stop foreign aid and secure the schools.
From the BBC:
“School shootings have become recurring emergencies in the US, with 26 recorded last year, according to EdWeek, an education trade publication.

“Active shooter lockdown drills are a common part of the school curriculum, from primary to high school.”

You do realise this isn’t a normal or healthy situation, don’t you?

Moves
25 May 22
1 edit

ABC News altered his picture to appear more white! Lmao

He's clearly South American but ABC News used a filter to make his face white!

Lmao 🤣

Moves
25 May 22

@shavixmir said
From the BBC:
“School shootings have become recurring emergencies in the US, with 26 recorded last year, according to EdWeek, an education trade publication.

“Active shooter lockdown drills are a common part of the school curriculum, from primary to high school.”

You do realise this isn’t a normal or healthy situation, don’t you?
Focus on security first.
Then focus on the why does it happen.

You can't walk into court without being searched or scanned.
You can't walk into government buildings or prisons.

Use the same procedures with schools and then when they are relatively safe...start looking at the why does it happen.