1. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 19:03
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Can you provide a reference for these people being Christians?
    Christians are to love people but that doesn't mean tossing out common sense either.
    I was looking at www.biblegateway.com, there was the following footnote to the NIV version:

(b) 1 John 3:13 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in verse 16.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 19:07
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    I was looking at www.biblegateway.com, there was the following footnote to the NIV version:

(b) 1 John 3:13 The Greek word for brothers and sisters (adelphoi) refers here to believers, both men and women, as part of God’s family; also in verse 16.
    I was talking about illegals
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 20:01
    When I was in California our church group went down to bring food and other stuff to people in Mexico.

Lots of church groups head south to help people out.
  4. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 20:55
    I was talking about illegals
    Well if these illegals are Church going Christians then you would seem to be facing a contradiction. You either have to deny they are your "brothers and sisters" or drop this anyone who breaks any law is a child of Satan stuff.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 21:58
    Well if these illegals are Church going Christians then you would seem to be facing a contradiction. You either have to deny they are your "brothers and sisters" or drop this anyone who breaks any law is a child of Satan stuff.
    I didn't say anyone who breaks the law is a child of satan. I said every person born is a child of satan until they repent and receive Jesus as Lord.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 01:49
    I didn't say anyone who breaks the law is a child of satan. I said every person born is a child of satan until they repent and receive Jesus as Lord.
    Are Roman Catholics "Christians" or not?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 02:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Are Roman Catholics "Christians" or not?
    I don't think God recognizes religions. It is plain and simple, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ or not. You are either regenerated or not. Sorry to burst your bubble.
  8. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 04:30
    If Egypt had deported the infant Jesus and his refugee parents back to Herod's realm, you'd all have to believe in some other superstition.
  9. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 13:29
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    If Egypt had deported the infant Jesus and his refugee parents back to Herod's realm, you'd all have to believe in some other superstition.
    Is that the best you have? I could eat a bowl of alphabet soup and sh.. a better response than that.😛
  10. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 16:28
    I don't think God recognizes religions. It is plain and simple, believe on the Lord Jesus Christ or not. You are either regenerated or not. Sorry to burst your bubble.
    The divisions within Christianity are normally referred to as denominations. There are a considerable number of other religions which do not recognize Christ, clearly atheists do not either. I'm appalled at the idea of labelling most of the population of the planet "Children of the Devil." on the basis of a line in the Epistles of John.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 16:43
    The divisions within Christianity are normally referred to as denominations. There are a considerable number of other religions which do not recognize Christ, clearly atheists do not either. I'm appalled at the idea of labelling most of the population of the planet "Children of the Devil." on the basis of a line in the Epistles of John.
    You are probably also appalled at Jesus claim that no one comes to the Father except through Him. Understandable....and expected.
  12. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 16:49
    Why should anyone be concerned if you are appalled?

The road to heaven is narrow and few find it, at least according to Jesus.
  13. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 19:27
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Why should anyone be concerned if you are appalled?

The road to heaven is narrow and few find it, at least according to Jesus.
    How do you know that you are on the right road?
  14. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 19:52
    I don't. In the end God will let me know one way or the other. All to the glory of God.
  15. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    29 Mar '17 21:03
    If you believe the bible and submit to Jesus Christ, you are on the right road.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree