1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:271 edit
    Originally posted by vivify
    Isn't that what all Reps do when they oppose abortion or claim "religious rights" to discriminate against gays?
    Usually cuz they believe in Jesus and follow him.

I'll go out on a limb here and say Jesus would not perform abortions by the tens of millions, but I digress

Jerry must be doing LSD or something near I can tell. Maybe that's how he had his coming to Jesus moment.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:29
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    [b]Jesus, if he ever existed, was Jewish, yes. But Christians, despite the name, do not follow either Jesus' teachings nor Jewish teachings. Christianity as it is today, was at least in part created by the Romans who were very much into building walls.
    Romans were into building walls?

Nehemiah was Roman?

Curses, now I'm going to have to read the whole Bible over again thanks to you.
  3. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:38
    Originally posted by whodey

I'll go out on a limb here and say Jesus would not perform abortions by the tens of millions, but I digress

Jerry must be doing LSD or something near I can tell. Maybe that's how he had his coming to Jesus moment.
    I don't recall Jesus ever saying anything about abortion though they were fairly common in the ancient world. Perhaps you could provide a quote from the Gospels?
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:53
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I don't recall Jesus ever saying anything about abortion though they were fairly common in the ancient world. Perhaps you could provide a quote from the Gospels?
    I reckon Mary could have had an abortion and God would have approved.

My bad.
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:561 edit

As always, you missed the point, homeboy.

You, who supports building a wall, are trying to play on liberal beliefs by implying the California governor wants "theocracy", and therefore, opposing the wall = bad. Where was this logic when you were complaining about abortion or promoting discrimination against gays? It was nowhere to be found. This is just more of your hypocritical word vomit.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:58

Curses, now I'm going to have to read the whole Bible over again thanks to you.
    Its blatantly obvious that you have never read it.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 20:592 edits
    As always, you missed the point, homeboy.

You, who supports building a wall, are trying to play on liberal beliefs by implying the California governor wants "theocracy", and therefore, opposing the wall = bad. Where was this logic when you were complaining about abortion or promoting discrimination against gays? It was nowhere to be found. This is just more of your hypocritical word vomit.
    Discriminate against gays? You mean the way polygamists are discriminated against currently? Left wingers like yourself don't seem to care

I've consistently said that the state has no business in the marriage business period. Why should they? Why should I give a damn what freaks like Nancy Pelosi or John McCan't think about who or who I should not marry? Why should I pay them a fee to get married?

It's all insane.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 21:001 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Its blatantly obvious that you have never read it.
    Obviously you have, do tell.

Tell us about Nehemiah being ordained by God to rebuild the wall in Jerusalem.
  9. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 21:05
    Discriminate against gays? You mean the way polygamists are discriminated against currently? Left wingers like yourself don't seem to care

I've consistently said that the state has no business in the marriage business period. Why should they? Why should I give a damn what freaks like Nancy Pelosi or John McCan't think about who or who I should not marry? Why should I pay them a fee to get married?

It's all insane.
    This is a dumb and false argument. Making polygamy illegal isn't the same as discriminating against them. If a bakery refused to make polygamists a cake, that would be discrimination, and shouldn't be legal.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 22:533 edits
    This is a dumb and false argument. Making polygamy illegal isn't the same as discriminating against them. If a bakery refused to make polygamists a cake, that would be discrimination, and shouldn't be legal.
    So you have no problem with not letting gays marry? It's just the cake thingy that has your panties tied up in a ball?

I would agree that not serving food at a restaurant would be discrimination, but to ask a religious person to create a cake for an event they consider to be an abomination before God is something entirely different, don't you think?
  11. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 22:59
    I reckon Mary could have had an abortion and God would have approved.

My bad.
    She had free will to do so, didn't she?

At any rate, if abortion is such an evil it's rather odd that Jesus never mentioned it, isn't it? In actuality it is not surprising since in Jewish law, "the act of birth changes the status of the fetus from a nonperson to a person (nefesh)". http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-beginning-of-life-in-judaism/
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 23:131 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    She had free will to do so, didn't she?

At any rate, if abortion is such an evil it's rather odd that Jesus never mentioned it, isn't it? In actuality it is not surprising since in Jewish law, "the act of birth changes the status of the fetus from a nonperson to a person (nefesh)". http://www.myjewishlearning.com/article/the-beginning-of-life-in-judaism/
    So God would have been OK with Mary having an abortion after implanting his divine seed in her and splaining her mission in life.

Got it!

Thanks for that
  13. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 23:25

It's all insane.
    Why should a marriage be between a man, woman and state?
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    27 Mar '17 23:30
    So you have no problem with not letting gays marry? It's just the cake thingy that has your panties tied up in a ball?

I would agree that not serving food at a restaurant would be discrimination, but to ask a religious person to create a cake for an event they consider to be an abomination before God is something entirely different, don't you think?
    Don't be dumb. There's no reason for discrimination against gays. There is arguably a reason to keep polygamy from being legal. There may be arguments against banning polygamy as well. But it's still no comparison to gay marriage, since there's no reasonable argument for banning it, unlike polygamy.
  15. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    28 Mar '17 00:113 edits
    So God would have been OK with Mary having an abortion after implanting his divine seed in her and splaining her mission in life.

Got it!

Thanks for that
    Did she have "free will" or not? What would have happened if she had said "screw that - I'm having an abortion. After all, the Torah you gave us says that a ZEF isn't nefesh."

I notice you've dodged the rest of the post; it seems Jesus doesn't give any support to anti-abortion rights fanatics like yourself after all, so you are hardly "following him" by being one.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree