1. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:12
    @kazetnagorra said
    Also Romans 13, but of course we shouldn't expect people like Eladar to have ever read the Bible.
    Wow, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem as well.

Perhaps you should repeat the question you think you are trying to answer.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:16
    @eladar said
    Wow, you seem to have a reading comprehension problem as well.

Perhaps you should repeat the question you think you are trying to answer.
    Romans 13 explicitly gives a carte blanche to the government to do whatever they want.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest atheism.
  3. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:191 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    Romans 13 explicitly gives a carte blanche to the government to do whatever they want.

If you have a problem with that, I suggest atheism.
    That was not a question I was asking.

You have failed to attempt to answer either question I asked. I give you a score of F for failure.

I will allow you to raise your grade should you attempt to answer one of the two actual questions being asked.
  4. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:29
    @no1marauder said
    a typical worker would need to work for 158 years to earn what their CEOs earn in just one year.

https://thehill.com/policy/finance/445436-ceo-pay-rising-twice-as-fast-as-worker-pay-ap
    the opportunity is there for the average worker to become that ceo you speak of.
  5. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:30
    @AThousandYoung

Right now you have an F as well, but your F is a 50 percent F since I know I need to differentiate.
  6. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    24 May '19 19:49
    @mott-the-hoople said
    the opportunity is there for the average worker to become that ceo you speak of.
    How many of those CEOs do you think started as "average workers"?

In any event, growing inequality is bad economics.
  7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    24 May '19 20:05
    @mott-the-hoople said
    You guys are mollified sheep.

Let us know when your idol lets you into the club, eh?

The sad part is that by the time you figure it out, it'll be too late.

Baa, baa, baa.
  8. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    24 May '19 20:091 edit
    @suzianne said
    You guys are mollified sheep.

Let us know when your idol lets you into the club, eh?

The sad part is that by the time you figure it out, it'll be too late.

Baa, baa, baa.
    No worries Suzi, nobody who knows anything would claim you are a sheep.
  9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    24 May '19 20:29
    @no1marauder said

Y'all settle down. I think that we can stipulate that if Marauder has an idea about making and selling a million backpacks, Marauder would risk it all and go for it! Bank notes, rentals, the works, his name, his net worth, on the line.

He Hires Mott the Hoople to sew back packs, at a wage Mott likes, and he hires Suzianne, who is never happy, but agrees to work for a certain salary as an assistant. The have NO interest in the company. A few investors come on board, and actually, Suzianne inherits money and also becomes a stockholder herself. (Gives Marauder her money for a piece of the business) They are all making so much money, that each month the board members vote that Marauder, CEO who is a genius and very successful, should have a salary increase. They all own the company with Marauder. Mott the Hoople has absolutely nothing to do with what goes on in the board room, what everybody makes, or any vote or input whatsoever, and if he vents envy or whatever, he can find another job.

No one in he universe has anything to say or dictate to the people in the board room, except VOTING stockholders They can pay anything to anybody, they can give Hoople a raise. It is their company, and the stockholders can appreciate the CEO in any way they want to, as I see it. Do You know, that if they did NOT give him an extra, say, $5M, they would all be able to split it up and buy new cars. But, don't you see, they feel the guy earned it. And a lot of teenagers bought those backpacks.

Taking your above issues, there is a underlying query...... What is the reason that you have for bringing up what goes on in a corporation regarding payment to employees, staff and officers? What are you trying to say here? Whose Ox is getting gored, what is your standing to stand outside the corp office and holler about what they do? What have you got to do with them? What if there are 8 corporations downtown that are conducting their businesses, and you folks decide to have a meeting. What is the premise of the meeting!?!?! I Just Dont Get It.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '19 20:32
    @averagejoe1 said
    Y'all settle down. I think that we can stipulate that if Marauder has an idea about making and selling a million backpacks, Marauder would risk it all and go for it! Bank notes, rentals, the works, his name, his net worth, on the line.

He Hires Mott the Hoople to sew back packs, at a wage Mott likes, and he hires Suzianne, who is never happy, but agrees to work ...[text shortened]... nd you folks decide to have a meeting. What is the premise of the meeting!?!?! I Just Dont Get It.
    your plan has a deadly flaw...I reuse to work with fat women!
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '19 20:34
    @no1marauder said

I would think a very high number. Do you think people just jump straight to ceo?
  12. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 May '19 21:15
    @mott-the-hoople said
    A company needs one CEO and workers. The bigger the company, the more workers. Those workers should be able to earn a living wage. Many people are not interested in becoming super rich. They want to be teachers, nurses, retail workers, food service workers, police officers, factory workers, white collar office workers and the list goes on. They deserve to earn enough from their full time labor to afford shelter, clothing, food, health care, transportation and savings for their children's education and their own retirement.
  13. Joined
    23 Nov '11
    Moves
    24 May '19 21:20
    @averagejoe1 said

He Hires Mott the Hoople to sew back packs, at a wage Mott likes, and he hires Suzianne, who is never happy, but agrees to work ...[text shortened]... nd you folks decide to have a meeting. What is the premise of the meeting!?!?! I Just Dont Get It.
    If this corporation is paying every employee a wage high enough so they do not qualify for any tax breaks due to low income, great. It's corporations paying workers so little that taxpayers must pick up the tab for their healthcare and they can't afford to save for retirement or their children's education or other necessities without assistance.
  14. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '19 21:26
    @phranny said
    A company needs one CEO and workers. The bigger the company, the more workers. Those workers should be able to earn a living wage. Many people are not interested in becoming super rich. They want to be teachers, nurses, retail workers, food service workers, police officers, factory workers, white collar office workers and the list goes on. They deserve to earn enough from the ...[text shortened]... od, health care, transportation and savings for their children's education and their own retirement.
    is the ceo of the company forcing them to work there?
  15. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    24 May '19 21:27
    @phranny said
    If this corporation is paying every employee a wage high enough so they do not qualify for any tax breaks due to low income, great. It's corporations paying workers so little that taxpayers must pick up the tab for their healthcare and they can't afford to save for retirement or their children's education or other necessities without assistance.
    do you realize its the politicians that allow those tax breaks? you are hatin on the wrong people.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree