1. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 17:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    If they give him immunity he will in return give them nothing.

They should do to him what Dims did to Flynn.
    Absolutely. They've given the last 4 or 5 liberal dirtbags immunity and got burned for it.
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 17:34
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Who uttered these hysterics?
    In case you're incapable of paying attention, I didn't single anyone out here, nor was I taking part in these forums at the time. I saw it on tv, heard it on the radio, and social media was infested with it. Don't trust me? Fine, call me a liar. But don't disingenuously ask for a list of names.
  3. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 17:46
    Originally posted by @lemon-lime
    The same people you rely on for your 'news and information'
    Where on the BBC News website did you read that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?
  4. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 18:232 edits
    Where on the BBC News website did you read that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?
    Why would I need to be told this by anyone? In the US it's common knowledge that pleading the 5th usually means someone has something to hide.

By the same token, refusing to give a DNA sample in a criminal investigation does not mean your name will be removed from a suspect list.
  5. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 18:29
    Michael Flynn pleads the 5th and left wingers shout from their bullhorns: "Guilty as charged!"

Hillary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails (emails that were demanded by the State Dept as evidence in an investigation), smashes cell phones, and uses Bleach Bit on hard drives. Reaction by left wingers? *crickets* ... nothing worth mentioning.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 18:38
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Michael Flynn pleads the 5th and left wingers shout from their bullhorns: "Guilty as charged!"

Hillary Clinton deletes 33,000 emails (emails that were demanded by the State Dept as evidence in an investigation), smashes cell phones, and uses Bleach Bit on hard drives. Reaction by left wingers? *crickets* ... nothing worth mentioning.
    Flynn pleaded guilty to a felony. He seems to agree that he's guilty as charged.
  7. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:123 edits
    Flynn pleaded guilty to a felony. He seems to agree that he's guilty as charged.
    Are you incapable of anything other than straight line, two dimensional thinking?
    There might be something Flynn doesn't want to reveal that has nothing to with any charges against him. Flynn is fully aware that Trump has been investigated for a year and a half for something he (Trump) clearly hasn't done, so why should he (Flynn) believe that he isn't also the target of a fishing expedition?

Pleading guilty is way out, a way to avoid being harrassed for years and bled dry from paying legal fees. So yeah, he's guilty of giving up and throwing in the towel for the sake of his and his family's peace of mind.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:15
    Are you incapable of anything other than straight line, two dimensional thinking?
    There might be something Flynn doesn't want to reveal that has nothing to with any charges against him. Flynn is fully aware that Trump has been investigated for a year and half for something he (Trump) clearly hasn't done, so why should he (Flynn) believe that he isn't also the target of a fishing expedition?
    Interesting. So Trump clearly didn't fire Comey to derail the investigation? He clearly didn't attempt to cover up evidence that the Trump Tower meeting was arranged in order to obtain dirt on Clinton?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:27
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Absolutely. They've given the last 4 or 5 liberal dirtbags immunity and got burned for it.
    Oliver North and John Poindexter got immunity for their Congressional testimony. https://www.nytimes.com/1988/06/12/opinion/the-price-of-iran-contra-immunity.html:

Fully aware that they faced prosecution, the admiral and the colonel, both now retired, and the arms dealer, Mr. Hakim, claimed their privileges against coerced self-incrimination. The Congressional investigators were able to obtain their testimony only in exchange for a promise not to use that coerced testimony.

It turned out to be a bad idea; they both prevaricated and evaded questions in an incredible manner and their later convictions were thrown out because they have been compelled to admit criminal wrongdoing in public testimony.

In general, I don't support granting immunity to get Congressional testimony where the desired witness is facing possible criminal charges.
  10. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:27
    Interesting. So Trump clearly didn't fire Comey to derail the investigation? He clearly didn't attempt to cover up evidence that the Trump Tower meeting was arranged in order to obtain dirt on Clinton?
    Haven't you read the Donald's tweets? He's totally innocent of everything.
  11. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:28
    I like reading fiction too.
    But I'm mostly interested in real-time, real-world events.
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:28
    Is the sand your head is in comfortable?
  13. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:33
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Haven't you read the Donald's tweets? He's totally innocent of everything.
    Still haven't figured it out, have you.

Much of his tweeting is for stirring up the crazies.
  14. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:34
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Is the sand your head is in comfortable?
    Is the sand in your head uncomfortable?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    07 Jun '18 19:36
    Why do you think Donald Trump drafted a letter lying about the purpose of the Trump Tower meeting?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree