Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    07 Jun '18 04:132 edits
    Gee, a real shocker here. Andrew McCabe, the no-good compulsive liar, disgraced and fired former deputy FBI Director--who's being investigated for the gross mishandling in the Clinton email scandal--is demanding immunity or else he will plead the 5th so as not to incriminate himself.

    Everyone's talking about Trump's "legal woes." McCabe, Comey, and many others have major problems of their own.

    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2018/06/06/surprise-andrew-mccabe-wants-immunity-n2487737

    The clapping seal progressives™ often claim that nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide. I'm guessing they will keep that argument tucked away for use some other day.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    07 Jun '18 05:391 edit
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Gee, a real shocker here. Andrew McCabe, the no-good compulsive liar, disgraced and fired former deputy FBI Director--who's being investigated for the gross mishandling in the Clinton email scandal--is demanding immunity or else he will plead the 5th so as not to incriminate himself.

    Everyone's talking about Trump's "legal woes." McCabe, Comey, and ...[text shortened]... omething to hide. I'm guessing they will keep that argument tucked away for use some other day.
    Your utter lack of facts or even basic knowledge of what you're talking about is pathetic. It's your Republican leader who says that, not liberals:

    https://www.nbcnews.com/meet-the-press/video/five-times-trump-has-bashed-pleading-the-fifth-950590531554
    Five Times Trump has bashed pleading the Fifth

    http://www.businessinsider.com/trump-immunity-pleading-fifth-amendment-michael-flynn-2017-5
    Michael Flynn, in March requested immunity from prosecution in exchange for testifying

    http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer/2018/04/cohen-to-plead-fifth-though-trump-said-thats-for-mobsters.html
    Michael Cohen to Plead Fifth, Though Trump Once Said That’s for Mobsters

    https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/donald-trump-pleading-the-fifth_us_57ed79dee4b024a52d2de46d
    Trump Pleaded The Fifth 97 Times To Avoid Admitting To Adultery

    https://www.cnn.com/2018/05/06/politics/rudy-giuliani-trump-fifth-amendment/index.html
    Giuliani doesn't rule out that Trump could take Fifth Amendment in Mueller probe
  3. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Joined
    03 Jun '17
    Moves
    19504
    07 Jun '18 06:20
    Vivify, so ... Clearly...

    You have zero issues with any of those guys pleading the Fifth, right?

    It's fine when McCabe does it... And it is fine when other people do it, right?

    And certainly you see the irony: the investigators who are allegedly bringing all of these crimes to light through their great & outstanding services are actually needing to plead the fifth.

    Right?
  4. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    07 Jun '18 06:48
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

    The clapping seal progressives™ often claim that nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide. I'm guessing they will keep that argument tucked away for use some other day.
    Which progressives claimed that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    07 Jun '18 07:07
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Gee, a real shocker here. Andrew McCabe, the no-good compulsive liar, disgraced and fired former deputy FBI Director--who's being investigated for the gross mishandling in the Clinton email scandal--is demanding immunity or else he will plead the 5th so as not to incriminate himself.

    Everyone's talking about Trump's "legal woes." McCabe, Comey, and ...[text shortened]... omething to hide. I'm guessing they will keep that argument tucked away for use some other day.
    McCabe is currently the subject of a criminal referral insisted on by Republicans after his firing. He'd be a fool to testify before Congress on the same subject as the criminal investigation without at least use immunity.

    Congress has to decide whether his testimony is important enough to grant immunity.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81440
    07 Jun '18 11:261 edit
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    McCabe is currently the subject of a criminal referral insisted on by Republicans after his firing. He'd be a fool to testify before Congress on the same subject as the criminal investigation without at least use immunity.

    Congress has to decide whether his testimony is important enough to grant immunity.
    "McCabe is currently the subject of a criminal referral insisted on by Republicans"

    are you suggesting McCabe shouldn't be prosecuted?
  7. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Joined
    08 Mar '11
    Moves
    9780
    07 Jun '18 13:311 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Vivify, so ... Clearly...

    You have zero issues with any of those guys pleading the Fifth, right?

    It's fine when McCabe does it... And it is fine when other people do it, right?

    And certainly you see the irony: the investigators who are allegedly bringing all of these crimes to light through their great & outstanding services are actually needing to plead the fifth.

    Right?
    I've never complained about anyone pleading the Fifth. I was just correcting Wosley on his claim about liberals denouncing the Fifth. He seems confused, since Trump frequently opens his mouth about it, which is why it has been brought up mainstream media that Wosely probably considers "liberal".

    Wolsey just need his hypocrisy pointed out, since so many right-wingers have plead the Fifth recently.
  8. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81440
    07 Jun '18 14:161 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    I've never complained about anyone pleading the Fifth. I was just correcting Wosley on his claim about liberals denouncing the Fifth. He seems confused, since Trump frequently opens his mouth about it, which is why it has been brought up mainstream media that Wosely probably considers "liberal".

    Wolsey just need his hypocrisy pointed out, since so many right-wingers have plead the Fifth recently.
    " since so many right-wingers have plead the Fifth recently."

    name them
  9. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    07 Jun '18 14:18
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    Vivify, so ... Clearly...

    You have zero issues with any of those guys pleading the Fifth, right?

    It's fine when McCabe does it... And it is fine when other people do it, right?

    And certainly you see the irony: the investigators who are allegedly bringing all of these crimes to light through their great & outstanding services are actually needing to plead the fifth.

    Right?
    Exactly.
  10. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    07 Jun '18 14:19
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Which progressives claimed that "nobody pleads the 5th unless they have something to hide"?
    I made a general statement, as I recalled the hysterics when Michael Flynn (and others) have pleaded the 5th in the past.
  11. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    07 Jun '18 15:08
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I made a general statement, as I recalled the hysterics when Michael Flynn (and others) have pleaded the 5th in the past.
    Who uttered these hysterics?
  12. Standard memberlemon lime
    ookookachu
    oLd ScHoOl
    Joined
    31 May '13
    Moves
    5577
    07 Jun '18 17:271 edit
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Who uttered these hysterics?
    The same people you rely on for your 'news and information'
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    07 Jun '18 17:31
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Gee, a real shocker here. Andrew McCabe, the no-good compulsive liar, disgraced and fired former deputy FBI Director--who's being investigated for the gross mishandling in the Clinton email scandal--is demanding immunity or else he will plead the 5th so as not to incriminate himself.

    Everyone's talking about Trump's "legal woes." McCabe, Comey, and ...[text shortened]... omething to hide. I'm guessing they will keep that argument tucked away for use some other day.
    If they give him immunity he will in return give them nothing.

    They should do to him what Dims did to Flynn.
  14. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    07 Jun '18 17:33
    Originally posted by @whodey
    If they give him immunity he will in return give them nothing.

    They should do to him what Dims did to Flynn.
    Absolutely. They've given the last 4 or 5 liberal dirtbags immunity and got burned for it.
  15. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Joined
    30 Apr '17
    Moves
    3849
    07 Jun '18 17:34
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Who uttered these hysterics?
    In case you're incapable of paying attention, I didn't single anyone out here, nor was I taking part in these forums at the time. I saw it on tv, heard it on the radio, and social media was infested with it. Don't trust me? Fine, call me a liar. But don't disingenuously ask for a list of names.
Back to Top