Tax cuts
    Repeal of Obamacare individual mandate
    Bringing N. Korea to the table
    Supreme Court justice, appeals court judges, lower court judges appointed
    Appointment of first female CIA Director
    Defeat of ISIS
    Border wall construction has begun
    Increase in defense spending
    Offered amnesty to the entire DACA group (rejected by liberals)

to name a few

edit: Recognition of Jerusalem as Israel's capital and moving our embassy there (something presidents have promised for 2 decades and never delivered)
    Tearing up the ridiculous Iran nuke deal
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 16:391 edit
    Let me guess... here it comes...

"You call those accomplishments?"

You didn't ask for a list of accomplishments that a never-Trumper would approve. Nothing Trump would ever accomplish will get a shred of positive recognition by the rabid, foaming-at-the-mouth Trump haters.
  3. Standard memberlemon lime
    itiswhatitis
    oLd ScHoOl
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 17:031 edit
    Originally posted by @vivify
    Keep dodging, no one noticed.
    After being away for a while I have been posting regularly here for less than one month (hint hint). It's no secret what I think he's accomplished.
    My comments and questions have been mostly ignored. So if I repeat what I've already said, and go to the trouble of fleshing it out for you, why should I expect you to listen? I could try to carry on an intelligent conversation with my television set, and pretty much expect the same result.

You're only asking questions so that you can argue with the answers. If you've already made up your minds that's fine with me. But if I don't feel like partipating in your little mind games then what are you going to do about it... sue me for discrimination?
  4. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 17:12
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    Deregulation
    Tax cuts
    Defeat of ISIS
    Offered amnesty to all the entire DACA group (rejected by lib ...[text shortened]... dents have promised for 2 decades and never delivered)
    How would you say "deregulation" during the Trump administration so far has improved the lives of Americans?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 17:14
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    How would you say "deregulation" during the Trump administration so far has improved the lives of Americans?
    I reckon we will see come election time
  6. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 17:22
    Empowering small business by removing so much red tape has been part and parcel to the much improved economy. Do some research. Small business owners and entrepreneurs were so stymied by unnecessary regulations they hesitated to even start a business or expand the ones they had. Cutting unnecessary regulations is considered one of Trump's finest accomplishments by people who don't favor a big bloated inefficient government.
  7. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 18:19
    Empowering small business by removing so much red tape has been part and parcel to the much improved economy. Do some research. Small business owners and entrepreneurs were so stymied by unnecessary regulations they hesitated to even start a business or expand the ones they had. Cutting unnecessary regulations is considered one of Trump's finest accomplishments by people who don't favor a big bloated inefficient government.
    Can you name some examples of such unnecessary regulations, whose abolition has lead to economic growth?
  8. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:03
    Deregulation
    Tax cuts
    Defeat of ISIS
    Offered amnesty to the entire DACA group (rejected by liberal ...[text shortened]... dents have promised for 2 decades and never delivered)
    I really don't think the defeat of ISIS can be credited to Trump. Appointing judges and a CIA director hardly constitutes an achievement, neither does moving an embassy. Whether repealing Obamacare constitutes an achievement or not depends on the success of whatever it is replaced by. Tax cuts in combination with increased military spending imply increased sovereign debt, which the right wingers here seemed to regard as a problem a couple of years ago. One's attitude to deregulation depends somewhat on what has been deregulated. Tearing up the Iran nuclear deal leaves Iran free to persue nuclear weapons. The border wall is a waste of money (and I don't think the Mexicans will be paying).

Achievements are things like getting North Korea to make concessions at the table, they were always going to negotiate.

So, I don't think your list of achievements lists much attributable to Trump that would be universally regarded as achievements.
  9. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:191 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

10. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:19
    Originally posted by @deepthought
    I really don't think the defeat of ISIS can be credited to Trump. Appointing judges and a CIA director hardly constitutes an achievement, neither does moving an embassy. Whether repealing Obamacare constitutes an achievement or not depends on the success of whatever it is replaced by. Tax cuts in combination with increased military spending imply i ...[text shortened]... chievements lists much attributable to Trump that would be universally regarded as achievements.
    The defeat of ISIS happened on Trump's watch and definitely wasn't due to any effort on Obama's part.

The judges are an achievement because of many factors combined: a) they weren't shills for the democrat party, b) the number of judges appointed in such short time is perhaps unprecedented and extremely high considering c) the democrats are delaying and blocking Trump's every effort. Repealing the Obamacare individual mandate is a huge achievement because millions like myself were freed from the trap of not being able to afford healthcare, but being penalized thousands for not buying it anyway. Since the tax cuts, revenue has POURED into the US Treasury and in no way contributed to the 20 trillion in debt--more than half of which occurred during the Obama regime. Increased military spending was absolutely necessary as was reported by all branches of armed service who were watching their infrastructure crumble. Increased sovereign debt is a no-no for any Conservative and it is not an achievement nor was it listed as one--you presented it as a red herring. You did not contest the achievement of deregulation which directly contributed to the now booming economy. The Iran deal--though it allegedly (but not verifiably--by design) delayed the terrorist regime from arming ICBMs with nukes--it guaranteed they would succeed with that endeavor in a matter of years. The border wall is a fulfilled promise and just because you support open borders that doesn't mean it's not an accomplishment. Trump assures Americans Mexico will pay for the wall in lost trade revenues that went unchecked during previous administrations.
  11. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:21
    Can you name some examples of such unnecessary regulations, whose abolition has lead to economic growth?
    We could get into all kinds of metrics, but two big ones come immediately to mind:
    1. More jobs than people
    2. More buyers than houses

Would I stake my 401(k) on that bi-ped?
    No.
    But it's a great start.
  12. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:29
    Can you demonstrate that the thousands of regulations lifted had nothing to do with economic growth?

We can have a link war or copy paste war if you want. But the information is there. You're being lazy by just typing a one-liner and requiring someone else to dig it up for you.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:39
    Can you demonstrate that the thousands of regulations lifted had nothing to do with economic growth?

We can have a link war or copy paste war if you want. But the information is there. You're being lazy by just typing a one-liner and requiring someone else to dig it up for you.
    It is your claim that the abolition of as of yet unnamed regulations has boosted economic growth. Can you substantiate this claim or not?
  14. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 21:551 edit
    It is your claim that the abolition of as of yet unnamed regulations has boosted economic growth. Can you substantiate this claim or not?
    More than a thousand regulations have been lifted, but you asked for 1 or 2 examples that contributed to our improved economy. Here are a few. A cursory google search will land you hundreds more, but it's not really about getting at the truth, is it. You just want me to have to spend my time doing your research for you. I presume you will put a negative spin on the list below and insist that no examples have been given. And when you do--you can count on being ignored.

Keystone XL pipleine regulations
    Dakota access pipeline regulations
    Atlantic and Arctic Ocean offshore drilling regulations
    Bans on crude oil exports
    America now leads the world in oil and gas production and is soon to become the world's largest exporter

Regulations restricting the issue of permits for new infrastructure
  15. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Quarantined World
    Moves
    08 Jun '18 22:02
    The defeat of ISIS happened on Trump's watch and definitely wasn't due to any effort on Obama's part.

The judges are an achievement because of many factors combined: a) they weren't shills for the democrat party, b) the number of judges appointed in such short time is perhaps unprecedented and extremely high considering c) the democrats are delaying ...[text shortened]... ill pay for the wall in lost trade revenues that went unchecked during previous administrations.
    There's too much stuff here to reply to in one post, at least in any coherent fashion, so I'll pick two.

I don't see how you can claim that a military intervention started by Obama can not be "in any way due to any effort on his part", yet credit it to Trump solely because it was completed "on his watch".

Additional military spending requires more revenue. Tax cuts imply less revenue. So in combination these two policies imply more debt. Pointing out the consequences of two of your achievements in combination hardly constitutes a red herring.

In any case, I'm not sure this stuff is what lemonlime was referring to, he seemed to have some sort of paradigm shift in mind. I'm curious to hear what it is.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree