Fatal Shooting at Denver Protest

Fatal Shooting at Denver Protest

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
13 Oct 20
1 edit

@philokalia said
The implication is that Trayvon Martin cannot be perceived as acting entirely in defense because he was killed in a justifiable homicide.

But, sure, if you want to be slick, you can advance the idea something like... Martin was justified in beating in Zimmerman, but Zimmerman was also justified in shooting Martin.

A bit more gymnastics involved.
No, you can't make any assumptions either way. All a jury acquittal says in a criminal case is that the jury did not believe the prosecution had proven the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Don't feel like bringing the specifics of that case up again, but the judge did a poor job of instructing jurors and refused to charge that IF Zimmerman was the initial aggressor his use of deadly force was legally unjustified. The jurors in post verdict interviews showed extreme confusion on the legal principles involved though three of the six voted to convict on the first vote. The judge's refusal to meaningfully respond to juror questions during deliberations further tainted the proceedings.

But be that as it may, your assertion is incorrect; the verdict did not mean what you claimed. Self defense has to be disproven beyond a reasonable doubt and an acquittal is not a finding that Martin wasn't acting in his own self-defense it is merely a finding that it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman wasn't.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
13 Oct 20

@earl-of-trumps said
I put a story in some thread in Debates showing how the black-clad antifa affiliated
protesters cheered when the victim fell to the ground.. Disgusting.

Not saying this is proof of anything inre, the shooter, but it is clear the shooter sympathizes with antifa.
No it’s clear that the black clad protesters hate right wing militia types. If the guy got shot by a cop would their cheering imply that the cop sympathises with the black clad protesters.

S. Korea

Moves
13 Oct 20

Michelle Malkin thread about why the security guard narrative is bunk

https://twitter.com/michellemalkin/status/1315505160362180614?s=20

S. Korea

Moves
13 Oct 20

@no1marauder said
No, you can't make any assumptions either way. All a jury acquittal says in a criminal case is that the jury did not believe the prosecution had proven the charges beyond a reasonable doubt. Anything beyond that is speculation.

Don't feel like bringing the specifics of that case up again, but the judge did a poor job of instructing jurors and refused to charge that IF ...[text shortened]... efense it is merely a finding that it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman wasn't.
Oh, please, don't tease us a little bit.

Give us a full, proper explanation of what happened re: Trayvon Martin.

Make an argument or don't make it; don't make half an argument and hide from it.

But be that as it may, your assertion is incorrect; the verdict did not mean what you claimed. Self defense has to be disproven beyond a reasonable doubt and an acquittal is not a finding that Martin wasn't acting in his own self-defense it is merely a finding that it wasn't proven beyond a reasonable doubt that Zimmerman wasn't.

So we should interpret the decisions of US courts not as clearing people's names, but as merely not meeting some high threshold?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
13 Oct 20

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
13 Oct 20

@badradger removed their quoted post
I admit, I'm not in the habit of up-thumbing you, but well-done.

Insanity at Masada

tinyurl.com/mw7txe34

Moves
13 Oct 20

@averagejoe1 said
You fellers follow this street action, do ya? Never been in one. Watching Amazon, then reading Churchill.
Your Daddy protected you from the real world huh?

D

Moves
13 Oct 20

S. Korea

Moves
14 Oct 20

@badradger removed their quoted post
(1) Yes. But does it change the fact that Antifa has destroyed more buildings than the Nazis?

(2) Incorrect, our Army maintained segregated units.

During World War II, the United States Army established several new segregated units, and maintained several historic segregated units.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation_in_the_United_States_Armed_Forces#World_War_II

(3) The schools I attended were also not racist.

(4) Good for you.

(5) In Korea, it is usually just called 'Corona,' sometimes even Corona-19. In the beginning, it was referred to as the Wuhan lung disease, the Wuhan coronavirus, and some people still refer to it as the China virus.

But sure, use the words you want to. ^^

D

Moves
14 Oct 20

@philokalia said
(1) Yes. But does it change the fact that Antifa has destroyed more buildings than the Nazis?

During World War II, the United States Army established several new segregated units, and maintained several historic segregated units.[15]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation_in_the_United_ ...[text shortened]... s, and some people still refer to it as the China virus.

Badrager is talking about England, where he's from.
He's almost 80, so when he went to school in 1950 and before ,the non-white population of Britain was less than 20,000 ....his school was non racist because they were 100% white.
Also the British Army in WW2 paid black troops 1/3 of what they paid whites and I seriously doubt they served alongside each other as claimed....I posted a ref to this but the post was immediately deleted.

Lake Como

Moves
14 Oct 20

@shavixmir said
Me?
No. I don’t know why my post is removed.

If I said shooting people on the streets is good, then I was being sarcastic.

However, I’m being less sarcastic when I call all alt-right wingers incels.
Shav, what does this tell me? Is that you are into the world of 'the street.' I have never been on a street, tell us about it.

Lake Como

Moves
14 Oct 20

@philokalia said
The implication is that Trayvon Martin cannot be perceived as acting entirely in defense because he was killed in a justifiable homicide.

But, sure, if you want to be slick, you can advance the idea something like... Martin was justified in beating in Zimmerman, but Zimmerman was also justified in shooting Martin.

A bit more gymnastics involved.
You fellers writing about Trayvonn....Do you know that a senile man, who today forgot the name of Mitt Romney and inserted 'that Mormon, from Idaho' which is all he could come up with????????????????????????????????// ....wants to work with Bernie as president of this country and raise our taxes? All while the rich folks get richer, while you get poorer??? Sorry folks I am in the first group, I am just trying to help. Under a Biden administration, which will give your money to illegals, you cannot POSSIBLY become rich......not even less-poor. Can't happen.

S. Korea

Moves
14 Oct 20

In the 39th second of the video, the victim can be heard saying "put it back," which has spawned a whole new narrative about what happened with the shooting.

https://twitter.com/ThatOldSheepDog/status/1316018068301123587?s=19

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
14 Oct 20

@philokalia said

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Racial_segregation_in_the_United_ ...[text shortened]... s, and some people still refer to it as the China virus.

I am from the uk our army ww2 onwards was never segregated,

chemist

Linkenheim

Moves
14 Oct 20

@philokalia said

(1) would you care to put a source on that. If we count the houses destroyed in WW II in Europe alone (on the assumption, that when you use the term "Nazi" you refer to the Nationalsozialistische Deutsche Arbeiterpartei NSDAP).
Or if we only put a number on houses destroyed in the "Recihskristallnacht", how does the Antifa compare? (And I assume that you assume that Portland is now completely razed and burned&hellip😉