I’m so proud of them boys…

I’m so proud of them boys…

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
275d

"The defendants and the men they recruited and led participated in every consequential breach at the Capitol on January 6. They began their assault that day at 10 a.m., when Nordean, Biggs and Rehl marched an assembled group of nearly 200 individuals away from the speeches at the Ellipse and directly to the Capitol. They arrived at the First Street gate at 12:50 p.m., and Biggs
led the crowd in chants of “Whose Capitol? Our Capitol!” and “Whose house? Our house!” Within three minutes, Nordean, Biggs, Rehl, and Pezzola helped lead the charge up the first street walkway with their men throwing aside bike racks and laying waste to anything that stood in their path. As Biggs proudly declared, “we’ve gone through every barricade thus far.” When the police
attempted to reform a line, Nordean and Biggs moved to the front and again led the way. They violently tore down a black metal fence and continued their assault on the Capitol. Nearly an hour later, at approximately 1:30 p.m., when law enforcement appeared to have successfully controlled the crowd by pushing them back, the men again pushed forward. Nordean, Biggs, and Pezzola gathered at the base of the concrete stairs that led to the doors and windows of the Capitol with many of their co-conspirators and other men they had led to the Capitol. They again surged toward the Capitol and overwhelmed officers that had been battling the crowd for nearly an hour. Rehl sprayed an officer in the face. Pezzola smashed open a window, allowing the first rioters to enter the Capitol at 2:11 p.m., and Biggs entered close behind him with some of his men."

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/08/proud-boys-sentecing-memo.pdf

S. Korea

Moves
275d

... What was most interesting about all of this, to me, is that I searched further, I found that the actual plans the Proud Boys had were to peacefully occupy a bunch of federal buildings and demand a new election done with paper ballots.

There are no plans for violence...

But they wanted to have a hypeman present (lol).

And they wanted to DISTRACT guards...

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/justice-department/court-document-proud-boys-case-laid-plan-occupy-capitol-buildings-jan-rcna33755

Of course, eventually Rehl pepper sprays a guy (fifteen years in jail) and Biggs is sentenced to 17 years, who knows why, in particular...

And Enrique Tarrio, who wasn't there, who is perhaps guilty of organizing a hypeman at a protest that wanted to occupy buildings (a classic tactic - reminiscent of the famous OWS movement)....

... He was in Baltimore.

He is guilty of seditious conspiracy, which is no longer just a standalong offense for terrorists...

Your movement is "violent" if you planned a peaceful occupation but someone gets pepper sprayed, lol.

This judicial system is a joke.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
275d

@philokalia said
... What was most interesting about all of this, to me, is that I searched further, I found that the actual plans the Proud Boys had were to peacefully occupy a bunch of federal buildings and demand a new election done with paper ballots.

ht ...[text shortened]... anned a peaceful occupation but someone gets pepper sprayed, lol.

"Peaceful occupation"?

You're a joke. Tell me what they did on January 6th, 2021 that was "peaceful"? And "storming" a building, as Tarrio said they would do, doesn't sound very "peaceful".

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
275d

@philokalia said

ht ...[text shortened]... anned a peaceful occupation but someone gets pepper sprayed, lol.

BTW, Tarrio claimed he never even saw that document:

"Tarrio also insisted that he never opened or saw a document titled “1776 Returns” that prosecutors featured in the case. "

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/04/26/proud-boys-leader-verdict-jan-6-00093891

As already noted, he did use the term "storm the Capitol" in a text message. The "1776 Returns" document doesn't list the Capitol among the buildings to be seized.

Moves
275d

has anyone ever explained why pelosi refused Trumps request for more security, or why reinforcements were delayed?

S. Korea

Moves
274d

@no1marauder said
"Peaceful occupation"?

You're a joke. Tell me what they did on January 6th, 2021 that was "peaceful"? And "storming" a building, as Tarrio said they would do, doesn't sound very "peaceful".
Of course I am talking about peaceful occupation.

I am not talking about the rioting to get into the building.

The CHAZ was founded by a riot that gained access to the Seattle police station... But the occupation itself was peaceful, and was allowed to continue for weeks.

Just a year or two later, the conservatives want to do a similar plan: gain control of a place through cunning and/or non-lethal force and occupy it, forcing a standoff with demands that they thought could be met since they were not entirely unpopular.

You can clutch at pearls at Cops vs. middle aged folks on the police line... But this was not a "coup" or an "insurrection."

The only lethal violence employed was by the state.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
274d

Amazing how suddenly right wingers are concerned about the severity of our justice system's sentences.

Maybe other people convicted of crimes are also being hit by these heavy sentences too. Ever considered that?

No, those people are criminals and they deserve it right? But the people you like...they deserve better?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
274d

@athousandyoung said
Amazing how suddenly right wingers are concerned about the severity of our justice system's sentences.

Maybe other people convicted of crimes are also being hit by these heavy sentences too. Ever considered that?

No, those people are criminals and they deserve it right? But the people you like...they deserve better?
Release all prisoners charged with victimless crimes.

Happy? Can we now talk about Tarrio facing 22 years when he didn't even attend Jan 6th.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
274d
1 edit

@wajoma said

Happy? Can we now talk about Tarrio facing 22 years when he didn't even attend Jan 6th.
People get thrown in prison and have to kill to defend themselves from rapists. If they get caught they become convicted murderers.

Mott the Hoople wants these people locked up forever because he's scared of murderers.

Illegal immigration is a victimless crime.

The Right does not want to release jailhouse murderers (even if self defense), drug users, prostitutes or illegal immigrants.

They want more jails.

If you don't identify with being a right winger why did you respond to my post criticizing them?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
274d

@athousandyoung said
People get thrown in prison and have to kill to defend themselves from rapists. If they get caught they become convicted murderers.

Mott the Hoople wants these people locked up forever because he's scared of murderers.

Illegal immigration is a victimless crime.

The Right does not want to release jailhouse murderers (even if self defense), drug users ...[text shortened]...

If you don't identify with being a right winger why did you respond to my post criticizing them?
You should mix in some abortion too.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
274d

@wajoma said
You should mix in some abortion too.
Why?

S. Korea

Moves
274d

@athousandyoung said

Yes, of course. You are absolutely right.

{There are many people who are rotting in prisons for minor convictions because the entire police state apparatus is wrong.

BTW - if you think I am such a right winger (I am fiscally liberal, socially conservative, and always skeptical of state power), ... why not just rejoice that I have come around..?

Why attack me?

You should be grateful in success.

Immigration Central

tinyurl.com/muzppr8z

Moves
274d

@philokalia said
Yes, of course. You are absolutely right.

{There are many people who are rotting in prisons for minor convictions because the entire police state apparatus is wrong.

BTW - if you think I am such a right winger (I am fiscally liberal, socially conservative, and always skeptical of state power), ... why not just rejoice that I have come around..?

Why attack me?

You should be grateful in success.
I've never seen you post with such passion for other prisoners.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
274d
1 edit

@athousandyoung said
I've never seen you post with such passion for other prisoners.
People can't speak with passion unless that passion is equally divied up between all prisoners or at least certain prisoners as defined by ATY possibly including but not limited to all prisoners defined by ATY because other cases might be discovered in other totally unrelated crimes.

I think the reason to care about this is the sentencing is political, openly political and it is a dangerous turn in US history, but by all means let's talk about other prisoners, other non-political prisoners as defined by ATY.

The floor is yours ATY. Make sure you don't miss anyone out otherwise you'll be in a similar position of not posting with the necessary passion.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
274d

@wajoma said

Yeah you can talk to the widows of the Capitol police would died from heart attacks n stuff days after or any number of injured capitol police.
Victimless crime my ass