I’m so proud of them boys…

I’m so proud of them boys…

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S. Korea

Moves
276d

@no1marauder said
Will you stop lying? The rioters stayed in the Capitol for hours after the (apparently staged) shooting of Ashli Babbitt.

"American patriots" don't attack police, smash windows at the Capitol and try to stop the certification of elections by violence.
American patriots do protest and riot

Whether it is BLM or a right wing cause, it is a patriotic and just expression to go out and fight the cop line to show your anger.

Yes, that means a guy who hits a cop should go to jail for a year or two...

But look at this joke of a human being defending sending peopel to jail for a decade over organizing such a protest

Absolutely infuriating

You have the GALL to put the picture of a philosopher on your avatar, but you are an apologist for the state oligarchs? Bizarre buzzard! Eating the corpse of the constitution!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d

@philokalia said
So, you skip the part about revealing that you are wrong, ill informed, and completely out of the loop to bait and switch

How often did you clown a jury with this move?
No, I'm not wrong. You are just spreading ridiculous lies.

That a judge found that one defendant out of close to a thousand couldn't be found guilty beyond a reasonable doubt because he might have thought he was allowed in doesn't mean he actually was. And no other defendant has successfully used that defense.

So your claim that the masses of rioters were just let in by police is a falsehood, probably a knowing one.

S. Korea

Moves
276d

We should probably take this to private messages, Marauder.

Do you agree?

Shoto me a message and we can spare regular people from having to see this ugly interaction.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d

@philokalia said
American patriots do protest and riot

Whether it is BLM or a right wing cause, it is a patriotic and just expression to go out and fight the cop line to show your anger.

Yes, that means a guy who hits a cop should go to jail for a year or two...

But look at this joke of a human being defending sending peopel to jail for a decade over [i]organizing such a protest ...[text shortened]... ou are an apologist for the state oligarchs? Bizarre buzzard! Eating the corpse of the constitution!
Can't see Locke supporting a mob trying to overturn the legitimate results of an election just because the guy they worship lost.

I've been to many protests and I never found it necessary to attack a policeman in order to illegally gain entrance to a government building in order to thwart a Constitutionally mandated certification of an election. And no "patriot" would either.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d
1 edit

@philokalia said
We should probably take this to private messages, Marauder.

Do you agree?

Shoto me a message and we can spare regular people from having to see this ugly interaction.
I have no interest in sharing PMs with you; any you send will be deleted without being read.

I'm fine with everyone seeing your ridiculous conspiracy theories, lies and defense of those who tried to overthrow the results of an election.

S. Korea

Moves
276d

@no1marauder said
I have no interest in sharing PMs with you; any you send will be deleted without being read.

I'm fine with everyone seeing your ridiculous conspiracy theories, lies and defense of those who tried to overthrow the results of an election.
You should accept the humilitation you have been given here:

Yuo have zero values. You believe in a "seditious conspiracy" charge against a man whose only crime was organizing some protesters and confronting riot cops. You would have also put that man in jail for more than a decade of his life for some alleged conspiracy against democracy, but the only conspiracy here is the totalitarian leftoid skunkklerks who are using the judicial power and police of the US to jail their political opponents.

What is liberty, Marauder? What is free speech, and the right to protest against the government... What is the freedom of assembly?

Obviously, some crimes were committed... But does anyone deserve to be in jail for fifteen years for sending crappy motivational essays and making rash statements while at a protest, when no threat was ever posed to anyoen except those who were there facing the drawn guns of police?

You have zero principles and you will die with the kaka of totalitarianism in your beard.

S. Korea

Moves
276d

@no1marauder said
Can't see Locke supporting a mob trying to overturn the legitimate results of an election just because the guy they worship lost.

I've been to many protests and I never found it necessary to attack a policeman in order to illegally gain entrance to a government building in order to thwart a Constitutionally mandated certification of an election. And no "patriot" would either.
So you see Locke as supporting putting these guys in jail for 10+ years whenever possible?

Absolutely bizarre take.

You are not a philosopher - you have not the heart of a philosopher. You are more akin to the bugman bureaucrat who wields power for the knob-kneed sub-elites that serve the oligarch businessmen.

You are a bug's servant.

S. Korea

Moves
276d

The reason that insect servant doesn't want to exchange PMs with me is beacuse he fancies himself a democratic man of principles, a marauder against authority...

But he now finds himself embarrassed in his old age the supporter of authoritarian cacaliberals

Literally, reduced in his old years from the ideals of a young man to someone who goes to bat for geriatric powertrippers like Biden and his shrek worker banging son.

This is where liberalism goes to die -- going to bat for billionaire oligarchs, their pawns, their failsons, their failgovernments, and rejoicing that some working class schlub from Nowheresville has to spend a decade in jail for opposing it.

k
Flexible

The wrong side of 60

Moves
276d

@philokalia said
The reason that insect servant doesn't want to exchange PMs with me is beacuse he fancies himself a democratic man of principles, a marauder against authority...

But he now finds himself embarrassed in his old age the supporter of authoritarian cacaliberals

Literally, reduced in his old years from the ideals of a young man to someone who goes to bat for geriatric pow ...[text shortened]... ing that some working class schlub from Nowheresville has to spend a decade in jail for opposing it.
Perhaps if the beer hall punch perpetrators were given 16 years and served them 6 million Jews would not have been murdered and half the world would not have been plunged into a murderous war.
Philosophy is amoral by definition and even moral philosophy is ultimately just opinion
If the sentencing judge has overstepped I’m sure the defence teams will appeal.
This was not a riot this was n organised attempt to stop the transfer of power by a group of people who openly advocate the use of political violence

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d

@philokalia said

Literally, reduced in his old years from the ideals of a young man to someone who goes to bat for geriatric pow ...[text shortened]... ing that some working class schlub from Nowheresville has to spend a decade in jail for opposing it.
The reason I don't want to trade PMs with you is because you are an a**hole.

Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d

@philokalia said

Yuo have zero values. You believe in a "seditious conspiracy" charge against a man whose only crime was organizing some protesters and confronting riot cops. You would have also put that man in jail for more than a decade of his life for some alleged conspiracy against democracy, but the only conspiracy here ...[text shortened]... ce?[/i]

You have zero principles and you will die with the kaka of totalitarianism in your beard.
You continue to unashamedly lie. There were more than a 100,000 people protesting Trump's defeat in Washington, DC but only a small number came there with an actual plan to disrupt the EC count that they put into motion. Since I've given you the text of the statute, you know these folks were guilty of the crime of seditious conspiracy and the sentences they received, while harsh, are within the legal confines of the law.

Moreover, since it's quite likely Trump or some other Republican will be defeated again next year and will automatically claim "fraud" that tainted their non-existent "victory", it's an excellent idea to show that such attempts to thwart the democratic process will not be tolerated and will receive punishment under the law.

Mobs have lynched and murdered individuals very often and many individuals in this one voiced a wish to do violence on various public officials. That police had to, in the end, resort to justifiable lethal force against one who was within a short distance of lawmakers and staff trapped in a room shows the danger these rioters presented.

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
276d

@philokalia said

Yuo have zero values. You believe in a "seditious conspiracy" charge against a man whose only crime was organizing some protesters and confronting riot cops. You would have also put that man in jail for more than a decade of his life for some alleged conspiracy against democracy, but the only conspiracy here ...[text shortened]... ce?[/i]

I think you missed the "peaceably assemble" part.

That is not what Biggs and the other defendants here did.

Planet Rain

Moves
275d

@philokalia said

Odd, though, because antifa alley cat normally is an opponent of neoliberalism.

What's the matter? Did you sprout a few gray hairs and just repurpose radical left symbolism to represent room temperate hot takes in support of the USA, who funds Israel's apartheid?
My avatar is not "antifa." It goes back decades before I was born. Around the circumference it says "An injury to one is an injury to all," which should give you a clue what it's really about.

My position on Israel is just about diametrically opposite of the mainstream US stance.

Planet Rain

Moves
275d

Ka-ching! Another grizzly-faced fascist thug lands in the jug. Washington Post headline:

"Ex-Proud Boys leader Tarrio receives 22 years, the longest Jan. 6 sentence yet."

Maybe he and his buddies can set up a soap-dropping circle all their own, provided they ever bathe.

S. Korea

Moves
275d

@soothfast said
Ka-ching! Another grizzly-faced fascist thug lands in the jug. Washington Post headline:

"Ex-Proud Boys leader Tarrio receives 22 years, the longest Jan. 6 sentence yet."

Maybe he and his buddies can set up a soap-dropping circle all their own, provided they ever bathe.
The Proud Boys' former leader has been jailed for 22 years for orchestrating the Capitol riot, the longest sentence so far for a ringleader of the raid on the seat of American democracy.

Henry "Enrique" Tarrio was convicted of seditious conspiracy, a US Civil War-era charge, and other counts in May.

Tarrio, 39, was not in Washington during the riot, but helped organise the far-right group's involvement.

This is the most they got him for:

That month, Tarrio replied to an online post by now-President Joe Biden, writing: "YOU need to remember the American people are at war with YOU. No Trump… No peace. No quarter."
On the day of the riot, he was in Baltimore.

As Trump supporters laid siege to the congressional complex, Tarrio posted online that he was "enjoying the show".

"Do what must be done," he wrote, urging on the rioters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-66712589.amp

Leftists get to literally take "No justice / no peace" as their go-to national chant for BLM, which implies violence and rioting, but right wingers do not have access to the same sayings, let alone to the same protest tactics.

It is a clear and obvious double standard.

Which shows further just what a kangaroo court we are facing.