Tea Party anyone?

Tea Party anyone?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

U

Moves
08 Aug 09
1 edit

Originally posted by utherpendragon
Nothing was taken out of context,nice try. Dont start lying about that too now. FMF is the wrong one to emulate around here.

As far as me fading away... I am on eastern standard time for the record.I do have responsibilities other than hanging on to your every post and do have to walk away from the computer at times. Also, sleep does play a role at ...[text shortened]... , what MOS gives someone so much time too sit on a computer pontificating in chess site forums?
Nothing was taken out of context? OH REALLY??

Here's exactly what you said:

The video posted on the YouTube at www.youtube.com/watch?v=p-bY92mcOdk uses that quote and one other, in which the president said, “But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out,” to build the case that the health care reform the president is pushing would eliminate private insurance and leave government in charge of everyone’s medical treatment.

The bold is mine to highlight Obama's words which are out of context in an attempt to "prove" Obama is trying to eliminate private insurance.

ARE YOU READY FOR THE CONTEXT? Let's have some fun.

FULL TEXT:
http://www.americanprogressaction.org/events/healthforum/obama_transcript.html

Obama, March 24, 2007: Another principle is that it’s going to have to be some form of pooling of costs of risk. And there are going to be a number of proposals, and they’re out. I heard in some of the previous questions that one pool would be the federal pool that already exists for myself and other federal workers. Some states, like California and Massachusetts, already started to set up their pools. Whatever the mechanism, we going to have to have a pooling system so that individuals have the benefits of being part of a larger group. …

As I indicated before, I think that we’re going to have to have some system where people can buy into a larger pool. Right now their pool typically is the employer, but there are other ways of doing it. I would like to — I would hope that we could set up a system that allows those who can go through their employer to access a federal system or a state pool of some sort. But I don’t think we’re going to be able to eliminate employer coverage immediately. There’s going to be potentially some transition process. I can envision a decade out or 15 years out or 20 years out where we’ve got a much more portable system. Employers still have the option of providing coverage, but many people may find that they get better coverage, or at least coverage that gives them more for health care dollars than they spend outside of their employer. And I think we’ve got to facilitate that and let individuals make that choice to transition out of employer coverage.

So the part here Obama specifically says he will let individuals make that CHOICE to transition out of employer coverage was left out by..... accident?

LOL

silicon valley

Moves
08 Aug 09

maybe we should have socialized medicine. we should have mandatory exercise sessions (in exchange for access to health care), and how else to make exercise mandatory than to make medicine socialized?

or maybe make the insurers buy into gyms so they can administer insurance and exercise at the same time?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/story?id=8262651&page=1

Defying Dialysis, Man Bikes Across Country
Shad Ireland Has No Working Kidneys, but Managed to Bike Across the United States

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by zeeblebot
maybe we should have socialized medicine. we should have mandatory exercise sessions (in exchange for access to health care), and how else to make exercise mandatory than to make medicine socialized?

or maybe make the insurers buy into gyms so they can administer insurance and exercise at the same time?

http://www.abcnews.go.com/Health/HeartHealth/s ...[text shortened]... cross Country
Shad Ireland Has No Working Kidneys, but Managed to Bike Across the United States
I have a better idea. How about if the government offers the same insurance plan that Congress receives. Only, they can decrease costs even more by increasing the pool size, which will be done by offering the public the *choice* to sign onto that plan. Individuals who otherwise wouldn't have insurance can now receive very affordable coverage. And people who do have insurance, say, from their employer can compare the costs and the coverage of both plans and decide which one they prefer.

Wouldn't that be something?

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
I have a better idea. How about if the government offers the same insurance plan that Congress receives. Only, they can decrease costs even more by increasing the pool size, which will be done by offering the public the *choice* to sign onto that plan. Individuals who otherwise wouldn't have insurance can now receive very affordable coverage. And p ...[text shortened]... d the coverage of both plans and decide which one they prefer.

Wouldn't that be something?
Yep, sounds ok, as long as it is completely divorced from the gummint i.e. it is entirely stand alone, and people with private plans aren't funding the 'government' scheme.

This is what I've been saying for years, all those that believe in free universal health care sign on for it and leave the rest of us alone.

w

Moves
08 Aug 09
1 edit

[b]I have a better idea. How about if the government offers the same insurance plan that Congress receives.
Are you on crack? Perhaps they will let us also adopt the same exclusive retirement system they have as well? LOL

You just don't get it do ya? The powers that be use us and our money to live their elitist lives and to muster support throw us left overs such as the coverage they offer the general public. No, scratch that, they are not offering, they are demanding it!!

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
Europe,South America,it matters not. The point is you are not here and have not been to a tea party or a town hall meeting and do not understand it. So you call it idiotic and that it does no good.
Now, what questions am I dodging?
What about the one in Tampa? People were shouting, pushing each other...

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by Wajoma
Yep, sounds ok, as long as it is completely divorced from the gummint i.e. it is entirely stand alone, and people with private plans aren't funding the 'government' scheme.

This is what I've been saying for years, all those that believe in free universal health care sign on for it and leave the rest of us alone.
I'm not following. The one Congress uses is a government plan. So suddenly the plan would be crap if we extend availability to the general public?

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

No because we eventually couldn't have private health care.

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by whodey
Are you on crack? Perhaps they will let us also adopt the same exclusive retirement system they have as well? LOL

You just don't get it do ya? The powers that be use us and our money to live their elitist lives and to muster support throw us left overs such as the coverage they offer the general public. No, scratch that, they are not offering, they are demanding it!!
That IS the plan that is being proposed so no, I'm not on crack.

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Of course you could. There is nothing in the bill stating people cannot use their own private insurance.

Die Cheeseburger

Provocation

Moves
08 Aug 09

Yes you're right daniel, get the stinkin gummint right out of health care, all those that believe in free universal health care can join the free universal health care group, just don't expect us to pay for their wet dream.

K

Germany

Moves
08 Aug 09

Yes you're right daniel, get the stinkin gummint right out of health care, all those that believe in free universal health care can join the free universal health care group, just don't expect us to pay for their wet dream.
Yeah, and let's make taxes voluntary too.

w

Moves
08 Aug 09
2 edits

That IS the plan that is being proposed so no, I'm not on crack.
It is being proposed, but will never make it into the legislation. However, as an act of futility you can petition these elitist parasitic leaches on this web site to take a dose of their own medicine.

http://www.healthtransformation.net/cs/goodenoughforcongress

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

Of course you could. There is nothing in the bill stating people cannot use their own private insurance.
Do you know what the word "universal" means, take Canada for instance...

K

Germany

Moves
08 Aug 09

Do you know what the word "universal" means, take Canada for instance...
Do you?

Both Finland and Germany have universal and private health care co-existing. I'm sure there are more examples.