1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:155 edits
    I just attended a tea party! I did not really know what to expect, but it ended up being a good time. In fact, there were some of the nicest people I had ever met who had become politically active for the first time in their lives and a few of them were disillusioned democrates. Of course, most will label them a bunch of tax protesting right winged nuts, but that is the furthest thing from the truth. It is about state rights and spending as well. The funny part is that the local media said that only 300 people showed up at the event when I easily could see that there were thousands. In fact, one conservative news source said they counted around 10,000. From what I saw, however, I would estimate around 3,500. The scary part is that there was zero advertizing for this event yet thousands showed up. I just wonder how many would come if they did advertize? I also wonder how many wanted to come but could not for various reasons. It also concerns me when you think of news sources as nonpartisan and mainstream at one time blatantly lie about things such as the numbers that attended. It makes you begin to wonder if there are ANY news sources that can be trusted. In fact, I think the conservative news sources were equally to blame for over shooting the number of people at the event.

I would just like to encourage anyone concerned about the increasing power of the federal government and government tax and spending to attend any tea parties in your local area. Also attend any town hall meetings you can....that is until they stop doing them altogether. LOL
  2. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:201 edit
    Was there discussion about specific programs that everyone at the tea party would want to see cut? -- something beyond general complaints about the "evils of big government" -- and something beyond general rants about all the "waste, fraud, and abuse"?
  3. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:21
    Originally posted by whodey
    I just attended a tea party! I did not really know what to expect, but it ended up being a good time. In fact, there were some of the nicest people I had ever met who had become politically active for the first time in their lives and a few of them were disillusioned democrates. Of course, most will label them a bunch of tax protesting right winged nuts, b ...[text shortened]... federal government and government tax and spending to attend any tea parties in your local area.
    This is true. We will have to start at the local level and work to the federal govt.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:21
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    Was there discussion about specific programs that everyone at the tea party would want to see cut? -- something beyond general complaints about the "evils of big government" -- and something beyond general rants about all the "waste, fraud, and abuse"?
    There were discussions about health care reform. They proposed reform without having the government take it over, of course.
  5. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:24
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    This is true. We will have to start at the local level and work to the federal govt.
    good point.

it would be a good idea to look closely at the budget for the school system where you live. Go to board meetings and propose things that they could cut - and make a strong enough case so that others will back your idea.
  6. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:25
    There were discussions about health care reform. They proposed reform without having the government take it over, of course.
    So they didn't discuss cutting anything that the government is already doing? Everyone was happy with all these things?
  7. Joined
    29 Mar '09
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:26
    Originally posted by Melanerpes
    good point.

it would be a good idea to look closely at the budget for the school system where you live. Go to board meetings and propose things that they could cut - and make a strong enough case so that others will back your idea.
    Not only that but in order to get any opposition at all will require folks to get out and see how real discontent is amongst the people.
  8. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:27
    I just attended a tea party! I did not really know what to expect, but it ended up being a good time. In fact, there were some of the nicest people I had ever met who had become politically active for the first time in their lives and a few of them were disillusioned democrates. Of course, most will label them a bunch of tax protesting right winged nuts, b ...[text shortened]... lso attend any town hall meetings you can....that is until they stop doing them altogether. LOL
    I am glad you went.I have been to a few. A real big one in Atlanta a while back.
    Hopefully others will go for themselves to see what its really all about instead of listening to propaganda demonizing them.
  9. Joined
    08 Oct '08
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:43
    Originally posted by joe beyser
    Not only that but in order to get any opposition at all will require folks to get out and see how real discontent is amongst the people.
    I suspect that most school board meetings are rather boring affairs.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 15:45
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I am glad you went.I have been to a few. A real big one in Atlanta a while back.
    Hopefully others will go for themselves to see what its really all about instead of listening to propaganda demonizing them.
    There is no point in going to those idiotic tea parties, it doesn't change anything, it doesn't give you a better policy, it does nothing.

Its just the same old propaganda from the hard-right (who have become anti-establishment).

the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

YouTube
  11. Germany
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:05
    Like what?
  12. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:25
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    There is no point in going to those idiotic tea parties, it doesn't change anything, it doesn't give you a better policy, it does nothing.

Its just the same old propaganda from the hard-right (who have become anti-establishment).

the hypocrisy is unbelievable.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sc5Mj_eO8EI
    Passing judgement from Brazil. You know nothing on this . Only what you are spoon fed. You call it idiotic because you do not understand it.
  13. Pepperland
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:291 edit
    Passing judgement from Brazil. You know nothing on this . Only what you are spoon fed. You call it idiotic because you do not understand it.
    Passing judgement from Brazil.

I actually live in europe.

You know nothing on this . Only what you are spoon fed. You call it idiotic because you do not understand it.

oh and you do? why don't you explain it then instead of avoiding questions and resorting to strawman arguments?

I don't think so, I formed my opinions based on what I've seen.
    I call it idiotic because thats what it is, I haven't seen anything that proves otherwise. but if you have then please show it to me.
  14. Hy-Brasil
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    [b]Passing judgement from Brazil.

I actually live in europe.

You know nothing on this . Only what you are spoon fed. You call it idiotic because you do not understand it.

oh and you do? why don't you explain it then instead of avoiding questions and resorting to strawman arguments?

I don't think so, I formed my opinions based on ...[text shortened]... s, I haven't seen anything that proves otherwise. but if you have then please show it to me.[/b]
    Europe,South America,it matters not. The point is you are not here and have not been to a tea party or a town hall meeting and do not understand it. So you call it idiotic and that it does no good.
    Now, what questions am I dodging?
  15. Germany
    Moves
    07 Aug '09 17:38
    Europe,South America,it matters not. The point is you are not here and have not been to a tea party or a town hall meeting and do not understand it. So you call it idiotic and that it does no good.
    Now, what questions am I dodging?
    So what is the point of these tea parties? Seems like just a religious meeting to me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree