1. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 07:25
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Yeah but if the government takes over everything, like they've been doing then why do you think they will stop ay health care?
    Because I live in Finland (temporarily) and government has not told me what to do - ever. In fact, because there is a system of nigh-proportional representation, accountability of government is high and corruption is very low.
  2. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 07:26
    Originally posted by whodey
    The numbers do not tally. Deficits will continue to arise and costs are underestimated.
    On the long term, universal health care will be cheaper because it is cheaper everywhere else.
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 08:45
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    On the long term, universal health care will be cheaper because it is cheaper everywhere else.
    You yourself have posted stats showing that countries without universal health care spend a tiny fraction of your beloved belgium, or switzerland or where ever.
  4. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 09:13
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    You yourself have posted stats showing that countries without universal health care spend a tiny fraction of your beloved belgium, or switzerland or where ever.
    What?
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 10:07
    What?
  6. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 10:08
    [b]You yourself have posted stats showing that countries without universal health care spend a tiny fraction of your beloved belgium, or switzerland or where ever.[/b]
    Some countries with universal health care spend more than some countries with private health care. All countries with universal health care spend less than the USA on health care.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 10:16
    Some countries with universal health care spend more than some countries with private health care. All countries with universal health care spend less than the USA on health care.
    The US is no example of free market health care.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 10:17
    The US is no example of free market health care.
    Shifting the goal posts again.
  9. Pepperland
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:13
    Originally posted by whodey
    Well finally someone asks instead of merely presuming to know what my moral beliefs are. Of course, I am anti-abortion on the presumption that it is, in fact, a human being. So to deny the unborn their rights to life is immoral. However, the other issue people regularly talk about are gay rights. I take no issue in denying them their rights based upon the ...[text shortened]... gressives trample them under foot shouting "Don't force your morals on us!!" Disgusting.
    Interesting.
  10. Pepperland
    Moves
    09 Aug '09 15:18
    Originally posted by daniel58
    Do you know what the word "universal" means, take Canada for instance...
    yes, it means you have to ensure the whole universe.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree