Tea Party anyone?

Tea Party anyone?

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by KazetNagorra
Do you?

Both Finland and Germany have universal and private health care co-existing. I'm sure there are more examples.
Yeah but if the government takes over everything, like they've been doing then why do you think they will stop ay health care?

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by daniel58
Do you know what the word "universal" means, take Canada for instance...
Of course I do.

Do you know that Obama is NOT pushing for Canadian style universal healthcare?

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
Of course I do.

Do you know that Obama is NOT pushing for Canadian style universal healthcare?
How do you know?

silicon valley

Moves
08 Aug 09

I'm not following. The one Congress uses is a government plan. So suddenly the plan would be crap if we extend availability to the general public?
likely the plan would be totally unfeasible if extended to the general public.

unless we get the chinese to pay for it, to prevent us dumping T-bills.

U

Moves
08 Aug 09
1 edit

How do you know?
1: I read the bill

2: He never advocated for Canadian style universal healthcare AKA "single payer", in fact, he opposed it.

3: He has taken heat from some on the left because he opposes single payer

d

Moves
08 Aug 09

1: I read the bill

2: He never advocated for Canadian style universal healthcare AKA "single payer", in fact, he opposed it.

3: He has taken heat from some on the left because he opposes single payer
1. But you didn't read his thoughts.

2. Exactly that's what "universal" means.

3. look at two.

U

Moves
08 Aug 09

1. But you didn't read his thoughts.

2. Exactly that's what "universal" means.

3. look at two.
Obama's thoughts don't make laws. Bills submitted through Congress and then signed by the President do.

Obama's words have always been in favor of a broader form of Medicare that allows people to make the *choice* of being under that program, buying their own insurance or going through their employer. That is the current bill that is being pushed right now and the one Obama is fighting for.

w

Moves
09 Aug 09
2 edits

Obama's thoughts don't make laws. Bills submitted through Congress and then signed by the President do.

Obama's words have always been in favor of a broader form of Medicare that allows people to make the *choice* of being under that program, buying their own insurance or going through their employer. That is the current bill that is being pushed right now and the one Obama is fighting for.
I have heard allegations that people will be taxed if they forgo health coverage. Is this not correct? In addition, I have heard allegations that although private insurance will not be outlawed directly, provisions in the bill will make sure they cannot compete with the government plan hence everyone will be stuck with this in the end. You know, kinda like WalMart coming into town as they watch small business after small business shut its doors. Then if you don't like what is at WalMart pffft. Oh well, sorry about your luck.

No matter if these things be true, one thing is definatly true and that is the numbers just don't add up like Obama would like us to believe. This health care plan will continue to drive up deficits and continue out of control government spending. Although it may be nice not to worry about this short term your grandchildren will not like the consequences of this very much.

Really for me the issue is being stuck with inferior quality insurance as well as continue fiscal irresponsible programs that will bankrupt us all. Of course, if you tell me just to trust you and that my concerns are absurd and not worry about it perhaps it will make me feel better. 😕

U

Moves
09 Aug 09

Originally posted by whodey
I have heard allegations that people will be taxed if they forgo health coverage. Is this not correct? In addition, I have heard allegations that although private insurance will not be outlawed directly, provisions in the bill will make sure they cannot compete with the government plan hence everyone will be stuck with this in the end. You know, kinda like ...[text shortened]... nd that my concerns are absurd and not worry about it perhaps it will make me feel better. 😕
If you really want to learn the truth behind most common allegations visit this website.

http://www.factcheck.org/

They call out both sides on false claims and lies. And the Obama administration is no different. They call them out on misleading overall costs, and certain exaggerations, things like that.

Not only do the call out anybody, regardless of party, they source ALL of their findings. In other words hey don't just say something, they back it up.

w

Moves
09 Aug 09

If you really want to learn the truth behind most common allegations visit this website.

http://www.factcheck.org/

They call out both sides on false claims and lies. And the Obama administration is no different. They call them out on misleading overall costs, and certain exaggerations, things like that.

Not only do the call out anybody, ...[text shortened]... hey source ALL of their findings. In other words hey don't just say something, they back it up.
Read my thread about the numbers not tallying up. An independent Congressional comittee was in the opinion that the Obama administration is misleading us all.

U

Moves
09 Aug 09

Read my thread about the numbers not tallying up. An independent Congressional comittee was in the opinion that the Obama administration is misleading us all.
Misleading us about what?

w

Moves
09 Aug 09

Misleading us about what?
The numbers do not tally. Deficits will continue to arise and costs are underestimated.

jb

Moves
09 Aug 09

The numbers do not tally. Deficits will continue to arise and costs are underestimated.
The unemployment numbers are incorrect also. They are not counting those that gave up looking for work and benifits ran out.

Hy-Brasil

Moves
09 Aug 09

That IS the plan that is being proposed so no, I'm not on crack.
no you must be on crack! if you dont have the foresight to see what Obama is saying you are a bigger fool than i thought!

U

Moves
09 Aug 09

Originally posted by utherpendragon
no you must be on crack! if you dont have the foresight to see what Obama is saying you are a bigger fool than i thought!
That's funny. Because the only examples you've given for what he's "saying" deliberately omits the parts where he talks about offering choices.