"Trump Administration Executes Only Woman On Federal Death Row"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

D

Moves
20 Jan 21
1 edit

Lake Como

Moves
21 Jan 21
1 edit

The post that was quoted here has been removed
Careful, or you set some precedent that anyone who had a rough upbringing, and there are many, should get a pass on their criminal actions. I still say that no matter the beatings or whatever, they still know right from wrong.
How bout give them a pass on killing the abuser? Why give a pass on killing an innocent unknowing person? And, yes the poor victims do indeed get a pass now and then on killing someone like these cretins. So there is justice in some cases.
If Mary Smith had such an upbringing, how would you rule in her case if she took a plane up and dropped a bomb on a Menanite village? Let her live? Menanites didn't get to. I Never do get liberal logic.

Moves
22 Jan 21

@averagejoe1 said
Now my daughter, who read your words, will say that, out loud in civics class, and make a bad grade.
Frankly, if you let your daughter get her information on the law from what some random on a webforum writes, that's bad parenting no matter who the writer is. That bad grade is your fault, not Duchess'.

Moves
22 Jan 21

@torunn said
Have men been executed for similar crimes?
More often than women. There is no such thing as clemency when you're poor and a man.

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jan 21

Allowing serious abuse of children - a tragedy - often has a high price for the child and society.

Moves
22 Jan 21

@torunn said
That's true. The law also says that children should be well taken care of, and she wasn't. What she suffered as a child was illegal.
That's true for many - probably most - male murderers on Death Row as well. I don't see nearly as many people bringing it up for them.

To be clear, I am against the death penalty. For everybody. But I'm even more against the death penalty for those horrible, violent men and clemency for poor little victimised women.

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jan 21

@shallow-blue said
That's true for many - probably most - male murderers on Death Row as well. I don't see nearly as many people bringing it up for them.

To be clear, I am against the death penalty. For everybody. But I'm even more against the death penalty for those horrible, violent men and clemency for poor little victimised women.
This topic is too complicated to discuss in general terms on a website. You need to go into detail, and different countries have different ways to deal with it.

D

Moves
22 Jan 21
1 edit

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jan 21

Society has a moral debt to pay to all those who have been known to suffer and yet nothing was done to stop it.

Treat Everyone Equal

Halifax, Nova Scotia

Moves
22 Jan 21

@torunn said
Society has a moral debt to pay to all those who have been known to suffer and yet nothing was done to stop it.
Everyone is talking about it, but who among any of you have done something about it?

-VR

Gothenburg

Moves
22 Jan 21

@very-rusty said
Everyone is talking about it, but who among any of you have done something about it?

-VR
I'm doing my best.

RHP Member No.16

Moves
22 Jan 21

"In 2019 Amnesty International recorded at least 657 executions in 20 countries worldwide in 2019. The total — one of the smallest since Amnesty began tracking executions in 1979 — was a 5% decrease from the at least 690 executions recorded in 2018 and was down 60% from the 25-year-high total of 1,634 reported executions in 2015. As in previous years, the execution total does not include the estimated thousands of executions carried out in China, which treats data on the death penalty as a state secret. Excluding China, 86% of all reported executions took place in just four countries — Iran (251), Saudi Arabia (184), Iraq (100+), and Egypt (32+). The 22 executions in the U.S. were the sixth most of any nation, although Vietnam’s and North Korea’s execution totals are not known."

I googled the above information from the internet so it must be true.

D

Moves
23 Jan 21

RHP Member No.16

Moves
23 Jan 21

@duchess64 said

"China sometimes executes billionaires for murder. Has the USA ever executed a billionaire?"

I am not aware of any billionaire that has been executed in the US.
Does the US need to do that in order to keep up with China?

D

Moves
23 Jan 21