Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 01:20
    @happy-chappy said
    Shame on you Donald trump. Shame shame shame.
    https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/jan/16/supreme-court-sotomayor-breyer-trump-federal-executions

"'This is not justice': supreme court liberals slam Trump's federal executions
    Sonia Sotomayor and Stephen Breyer issue stinging dissents"

"“To put that in historical context, the federal government will have executed more than three
    times as many people in the last six months than it had in the previous six decades,” she wrote.

“There can be no ‘justice on the fly’ in matters of life and death,” Sotomayor added.
    “Yet the court has allowed the United States to execute 13 people in six months
    under a statutory scheme and regulatory protocol that have received inadequate
    scrutiny, without resolving the serious claims the condemned individuals raised.”"
  2. Standard memberyo its me
    watch the acid...
    dosen't get you!!
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 09:36
    @duchess64 said
    https://www.theguardian.com/law/2021/jan/16/supreme-court-sotomayor-breyer-trump-federal-executions

"“To put that in historical context, the federal government will have executed more than three
    times as many people in the last ...[text shortened]... ived inadequate
    scrutiny, without resolving the serious claims the condemned individuals raised.”"
    Why u always quoting other people?
  3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 13:01
    @averagejoe1 said
    Uhh,, you one of them liberal fellers.....what do y'all talk about when you go have a beer. Do you fellers even go have a beer? What Do yall do, anyway.?
    Do you know how much fun a quasi redneck like myself has jawing with you ole boys? We figure you for a little bit funny, you must know that.
    Well you won’t be surprised to learn that we think you rednecks are stark raving bat 💩 crazy and we have been known to literally spill our ale laughing when we hear about your latest idiocy. The spilling of ale is something we take very seriously so please sort your 💩 out.
  4. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 13:23
    @yo-its-me said
    Why u always quoting other people?
    Ive wondered that for a couple years. And the quote marks make me dizzy
  5. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 13:30
    @duchess64 said

times as many people in the last ...[text shortened]... ived inadequate
    Duchess, i get the feeling that Sotomayor does not think we rid the earth (execute) cretins who violate mortal law. Are you writing this to promote her position? You think we just keep feeding this animals?
  6. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 17:11

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

7. SubscriberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 17:221 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    I think you are wrong. It is a computer program or robot of some kind. That would explain the lack of sexual identity, the referring to other in the third person, the constant quotes from webpages. The computer is programmed to go through newspages and pick out certain controversial topics, copy and paste this on the user name, and attach a pre-programmed comment.
  8. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 19:05
    @rajk999 said
    I think you are wrong. It is a computer program or robot of some kind. That would explain the lack of sexual identity, the referring to other in the third person, the constant quotes from webpages. The computer is programmed to go through newspages and pick out certain controversial topics, copy and paste this on the user name, and attach a pre-programmed comment.
    A clever point of view, Duchess is not a real person. You are on to something, its stuff is quite robotic, lacking of nuance, if you will. Well I'll be, who'd a'thunk it.
    It first dawned on me that something was not quite right, with all those quote marks. They were too perfect. Think I wont mix into its algorithm anymore. Thanks for the heads up.
  9. Zugzwang
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 19:501 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    Shallow Blue has a long record of hurling insults and lies, in addition to his blatant
    racism against various non-Dutch peoples (Chinese, English, Russians, etc. )

ShallowBlue seems particularly 'butt hurt' after I recently pointed out the extreme
    stupidity of his claim that iron nails are necessary to build ships capable of long voyages.
    Of course, Shallow Blue hurled diversionary insults rather than concede any error.
  10. SubscriberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Moves
    17 Jan '21 20:34
    @averagejoe1 said
    A clever point of view, Duchess is not a real person. You are on to something, its stuff is quite robotic, lacking of nuance, if you will. Well I'll be, who'd a'thunk it.
    It first dawned on me that something was not quite right, with all those quote marks. They were too perfect. Think I wont mix into its algorithm anymore. Thanks for the heads up.
    Its like Data from Star Trek. A pile info, computer generated analysis, no sexual identity and no humanity ... lol .. it must be a robot.
  11. Joined
    27 Jul '10
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 00:21
    @rajk999 said
    Its like Data from Star Trek. A pile info, computer generated analysis, no sexual identity and no humanity ... lol .. it must be a robot.
    hey duchess if you are a human, write like we do. Talk like you are sitting at a pub in Scotland. Maybe a bit of fiddle in the back.....
  12. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 07:07
    @averagejoe1 said
    hey duchess if you are a human, write like we do. Talk like you are sitting at a pub in Scotland. Maybe a bit of fiddle in the back.....
    We humans would say “sitting in a pub” not “sitting at a pub” just saying
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 08:212 edits
    @averagejoe1 said
    The practically illiterate and extremely ethnocentric American Averagejoe1 (who
    fantasizes that anyone should strive to copy him) most likely would not a clue
    about common idioms in British English.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Martians_(scientists)

""The Martians" was a term used to refer to a group of prominent Hungarian
    scientists (mostly, but not exclusively, physicists and mathematicians) who
    emigrated to the United States in the early half of the 20th century.[1]

Leó Szilárd, who jokingly suggested that Hungary was a front for aliens from Mars, used this term.
    In an answer to the question of why there is no evidence of intelligent life beyond
    Earth despite the high probability of it existing, Szilárd responded: "They are already
    here among us – they just call themselves Hungarians.""

One of the 'Martians', Eva Klein (nee Fischer), is still alive and will be 96 years old in a few days.
  14. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 11:33
    @averagejoe1 said
    I am trying this idea out with specific examples as well as in-general usage,

This idea has legs
  15. SubscriberEarl of Trumps
    Pawn Whisperer
    My Kingdom fora Pawn
    Moves
    18 Jan '21 11:373 edits
    @Duchess64

"Poster-X has a long record of hurling insults and lies, in addition to his blatant racism against... "

BOILERPLATE... more evidence.