"Trump Administration Executes Only Woman On Federal Death Row"

Debates

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

T

Moves
14 Jan 21

@yo-its-me said
Was she your neighbour Dutchess?
Do you feel you have to care about everyone?
Jesus hasn't asked you to care about everyone, that impossible; you're human. It'd be unhealthy to try
Love thy neighbor.
Neighbor, person next to you. Person you're with right now.
Not a person you'll never meet because she's dead before you learned her name.
Luke 10, 29-37:

But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Jesus took up this question and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down the same road, but when he saw him, he passed by on the other side. So too, when a Levite came to that spot and saw him, he passed by on the other side. But when a Samaritan on a journey came upon him, he looked at him and had compassion. He went to him and bandaged his wounds, pouring on oil and wine. Then he put him on his own animal, brought him to an inn, and took care of him. The next day he took out two denariie and gave them to the innkeeper. ‘Take care of him,’ he said, ‘and on my return I will repay you for any additional expense.’ Which of these three do you think was a neighbor to the man who fell into the hands of robbers?” “The one who showed him mercy,” replied the expert in the law. Then Jesus told him, “Go and do likewise.”

So would yo-its-me have cared about the wounded man on the road? Or would he have told Jesus that he couldn't "care about everyone, that impossible; I'm human. It'd be unhealthy to try."

E

Moves
14 Jan 21

@Teinosuke
This woman butchered another woman to remove the unborn baby. She deserves to die.

D

Moves
14 Jan 21

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 21

The post that was quoted here has been removed
No, but she was a murderer of the worst kind.
- not a crime of passion
- not a case of self defense
- no provocation
- no drugs or alcohol

The woman is sick and mentally deranged. No reform or other human aid can change her. She needed to be put down.

D

Moves
14 Jan 21

D

Moves
14 Jan 21

T

Moves
14 Jan 21

Jesus wouldn't have been surprised about that.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 21

Wrong. A lot of people are walking around mentally ill and not interfering with anyone. I live among a few of them. The ones that want to kill, rape and abuse others ... Yes, execute their a$$$. No pity from me.

T

Moves
14 Jan 21

@eladar said
This woman butchered another woman to remove the unborn baby. She deserves to die.
There but for the Grace of God...

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
14 Jan 21
2 edits

@teinosuke said
Luke 10, 29-37:

[i]But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Jesus took up this question and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down the same road, but when he saw him, he passed by ...[text shortened]... Jesus that he couldn't "care about everyone, that impossible; I'm human. It'd be unhealthy to try."
Maybe yoitsme will reply to you but I can tell that you misunderstood what she/he wrote. The point is the the love your neighbour' commandment applies to all people you meet in your daily life. These are your neighbours and Jesus gave several examples of this. Nowhere is the idea presented by Christ that you have to help those in need on the other side of the world who you do not know neither ever meet. There are enough people around you to help and assist and feed, and clothe etc etc. Duchess seems to be taking on a matter that has no bearing on anything.

E

Moves
15 Jan 21

@teinosuke said
There but for the Grace of God...
What? That you would cut open a woman and take out her unborn child?

D

Moves
15 Jan 21

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jan 21

@teinosuke said
Luke 10, 29-37:

[i]But wanting to justify himself, he asked Jesus, “And who is my neighbor?” Jesus took up this question and said, “A man was going down from Jerusalem to Jericho when he fell into the hands of robbers. They stripped him, beat him, and went away, leaving him half dead. Now by chance a priest was going down the same road, but when he saw him, he passed by ...[text shortened]... Jesus that he couldn't "care about everyone, that impossible; I'm human. It'd be unhealthy to try."
Try and understand
Your neighbour is the person you are opposite right now, the person you are with or near. Your neighbour is someone you can deliver love to.
Not someone you can't deliver love to.

How else can I explain it!?
This woman is not your neighbour. She's no one's neighbour now, she's dead.
She was repeatedly someone's neighbour, and it appears that none of those neighbours met any need of hers, instead they created more needs: to be protected, to be comforted...the list goes on.

But there are no needs of a dead person to meet. It's too late.

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jan 21

@rajk999 said
Maybe yoitsme will reply to you but I can tell that you misunderstood what she/he wrote. The point is the the love your neighbour' commandment applies to all people you meet in your daily life. These are your neighbours and Jesus gave several examples of this. Nowhere is the idea presented by Christ that you have to help those in need on the other side of the world who you d ...[text shortened]... d feed, and clothe etc etc. Duchess seems to be taking on a matter that has no bearing on anything.
Exactly

Yo! Its been

Me, all along

Moves
15 Jan 21

Not interested in censorship.
I see who you are this way.
No judgement from me, you be you.
I'd rather see you than a pretty version.
I'm not annoyed about reading your thread.
I'm still wondering what your point was. It feels that you wanted emotional responses.
You post a lot of cut and paste, but often don't put your views up till later, like we're expected to work out what you on about.
That is annoying.
Maybe it's amusement for you?
Where's the dignity in sharing this dead woman's sad story with us?